images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 0
simple = 0
home = reboot
download = 1
console_color=16

Is this right if i wish to download covers?

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im bored said:
With this parental control thing why not go the rout of having 2 different loaders
1st for kind from the menu with a forwarder
and
2nd from the HBC for adults

and in stead of having a password for each game which can get annoying after a while you hide the title in the version for kids by marking

RFNE = Wii Fit = NOKIDS
RHAE = Wii Play
RSPE = Wii Sports
RMGE = Super Mario Galaxy

and now the title does not show up in the kids version but it will in the adult since it would be using a different title.txt

just an idea

Seems kinda redundant to have two loaders, when you can just set the options in the config file.

Okay, how's this: we already have the loader set up for Adult, Child 1, Child 2 and Teen modes in the config. So, why not have it so when Child 1, 2 or Teen is set, the loader looks at the titles file, reads an extra flag of G,T, M (for General, Teen and Mature), and based off that flag, sets the appropriate lockouts for that game based off the Child 1, 2, Teen and Adult setting. And if you wanted to have an override for a particular game, no matter what the age level is set at, you could use the 1,1,1 or similar option to unlock that game JUST for this session until the next time the loader runs.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
grandem said:
images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 0
simple = 0
home = reboot
download = 1
console_color=16

Is this right if i wish to download covers?

covers = 1

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
chihiro said:
stev418 said:
OK, been searching for a while now, im sure this used to be in the first post

Can someone give functions for the child proofing please?

normal = full access

child1 = ????

child2 = ????

teen = ????
# simple = [0] 1 2 3
# 0 => normal mode : all controls working
# 1 => child1 mode : no install / remove game, language scrolling = B button
# 2 => child2 mode : no install / remove game, language scrolling = + (plus) / - (minus) buttons
# 3 => teen mode : no remove game

you can find each bg in V3 package.

Why not :
# simple = [0] 1 2 3 4
# 4 => child Pal : no install / remove game, no language (blocked as config.txt) , no video (blocked as config.txt)

It's just an idea ...
rolleyes.gif

talixme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
The final version is working reallay good this is a PERFECT loader, but is just one thing that will make it really really good,when i make a channel of a game from the hard drive if i use this loader,the game doesnt execute just go to the menu, so i have to use the older loader,is any way that i can use this one??? Because if the setting are in the hard drive, only have to be autoexecuted rigth???the program that i use to make the wad channels is WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0.

Thanks

I don't understand at all.

If you make a channel of the game, it doesn't use my loader at all.

Sorry if i dont explain correctly. What i mean is that when i make a channel of a game i have to use this loader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R5RVJ11 and i want to use your loader with all the features ocarina....force video......

One more time thanks a lot for all this great work.

It is possible, but it requires some work. I am not sure if i want to do that.

What I need to do is just to strip this loader down so it would only read config and then load the game.

Maybe someone could do it for me?

Ok thanks for the really fast answer.Maybe some one do it, will be great can use it from a game channel so my son doest have to enter to the USB loader and execute fron the principal menu.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems kinda redundant to have two loaders, when you can just set the options in the config file.

Okay, how's this: we already have the loader set up for Adult, Child 1, Child 2 and Teen modes in the config. So, why not have it so when Child 1, 2 or Teen is set, the loader looks at the titles file, reads an extra flag of G,T, M (for General, Teen and Mature), and based off that flag, sets the appropriate lockouts for that game based off the Child 1, 2, Teen and Adult setting. And if you wanted to have an override for a particular game, no matter what the age level is set at, you could use the 1,1,1 or similar option to unlock that game JUST for this session until the next time the loader runs.
[/quote]

i would prefer to have two different loaders, than have to take my SD card stick it in to my PC just to change the
simple = [0], 1, 2, 3
# (normal mode, child1 mode, child2 mode, teen mode)

from 1 to 0 every single time i want to place or remove a game of my HD

I thing having 2 different loader eliminates the need of me changing the config file often

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the easiest way to implement parental control would be to check the titles.txt for an simple boolean value behind each game id.

eg.:

RFNE = Wii Fit, 0
RHAE = Wii Play, 0
RKME = Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, 1
RMGE = Super Mario Galaxy, 0

explode by the semicolon as separator and if not set it is 0 = kid save. for me it would be superb if games flagged with 1 would not even be displayed in the game list if the loader is operating in kid mode.

a separation into 4-5 different age rating would be even better. with that option given it would be easy for parents to follow the child-welfare recommendations of their country. in germany it's like this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugendfreigabe#USK
-> 0 = without restriction, 1 = min. age 6, 2 = min. age 12, 3 = min. age 16, 4 = adult.

a automated process of setting this parental control values by querying the local rating database (esrb, usk,...) would be the perfect solution.

to get access to all adult titles pressing a button combination or entering a password could be a good solution.

with this system by game configuration of videomode, occarina and other stuff could be easily integrated.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
talixme said:
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
The final version is working reallay good this is a PERFECT loader, but is just one thing that will make it really really good,when i make a channel of a game from the hard drive if i use this loader,the game doesnt execute just go to the menu, so i have to use the older loader,is any way that i can use this one??? Because if the setting are in the hard drive, only have to be autoexecuted rigth???the program that i use to make the wad channels is WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0.

Thanks

I don't understand at all.

If you make a channel of the game, it doesn't use my loader at all.

Sorry if i dont explain correctly. What i mean is that when i make a channel of a game i have to use this loader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R5RVJ11 and i want to use your loader with all the features ocarina....force video......

One more time thanks a lot for all this great work.

It is possible, but it requires some work. I am not sure if i want to do that.

What I need to do is just to strip this loader down so it would only read config and then load the game.

Maybe someone could do it for me?

Ok thanks for the really fast answer.Maybe some one do it, will be great can use it from a game channel so my son doest have to enter to the USB loader and execute fron the principal menu.

I would do that if no one do that. But the next thing I would work on would be the hide title option. I could not promise anything, but I will work on it. It's not weekend and the release would become slower.

If oggzee implement this feature faster than me, than I would just merge his implementation into this loader.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
the easiest way to implement parental control would be to check the titles.txt for an simple boolean value behind each game id.

eg.:

RFNE = Wii Fit, 0
RHAE = Wii Play, 0

explode by the semicolon as separator and if not set it is 0 = kid save.

with this system by game configuration of videomode, occarina and other stuff could be easily integrated.

The only problem I see with a simple 0/1 boolean value set is some games are rated teens, some mature, some kids. Some parents may not want their 13 year old playing Madworld, yet think its okay if they play Need For Speed or another Teen rated game. Maybe a 0,1,2 set for kid/teen/adult.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
and how do you think this is gonna happen? With some kind of secret button on the wiimote that nobody knows about? Every single button is already used +/- A/B 1/2 up/down lef/right. Anyway... which kid wouldn't try to press a single button which is not mapped on the screen just to see what happens -.-

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tripellex said:
Screemer said:

eg.:

RFNE = Wii Fit, 0
RHAE = Wii Play, 0

explode by the semicolon as separator and if not set it is 0 = kid save.

The only problem I see with a simple 0/1 boolean value set is some games are rated teens, some mature, some kids. Some parents may not want their 13 year old playing Madworld, yet think its okay if they play Need For Speed or another Teen rated game. Maybe a 0,1,2 set for kid/teen/adult.

i extended my post above
smile.gif

QUOTE(cyrex @ Apr 14 2009, 08:44 AM)
and how do you think this is gonna happen? With some kind of secret button on the wiimote that nobody knows about? Every single button is already used +/- A/B 1/2 up/down lef/right. Anyway... which kid wouldn't try to press a single button which is not mapped on the screen just to see what happens -.-
it shouldn't be a problem to make a press and hold button combination. press and hold b, now press plus A A Up Down Up minus minus. as soon as you hold a button the button mapping could be flushed. i don't see a problem at all.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:

last I checked, the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk weren't in use. Got another pithy comment?

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I see problems with a "censorship"
tongue.gif
parental control => you will need too many levels to implement because angry people will come to say : my 16 old will play this game not this, and you will have many different level and so on.
Educate your children before implementing difficult options to manage...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work hungyip84 on 6.7, will test it later.

It looks like I have some corrupted games on my HDD because I deleted games a while ago before knowing about the delete corruption bug. So I formated my HDD. Is it safe to use V6.7 1.1 to install games instead of the slower 1.4 version, so that I don't get corruption?

Regarding the cover download bug, cover downloading works flawlessly for me with the "USB Loader with Multiple Covers". Maybe you can take a look at its source.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
it shouldn't be a problem to make a press and hold button combination. press and hold b, now press plus A A Up Down Up minus minus. as soon as you hold a button the button mapping could be flushed. i don't see a problem at all.

Yeh good idead... didn't think about that. Combinations are always good.

QUOTE(tripellex @ Apr 14 2009, 09:57 AM) last I checked, the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk weren't in use. Got another pithy comment?

I've read your post BEFORE ("STFU button") you edited it. Nothing to be so offensive it was just a question. Maybe you just need to grow up before you can questions the right way. Anyway ... back to topic. I think a buttoncombination would be a good way to do that Screemer.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OuahOuah said:
I see problems with a "censorship"
tongue.gif
parental control => you will need too many levels to implement because angry people will come to say : my 16 old will play this game not this, and you will have many different level and so on.
Educate your children before implementing difficult options to manage...
but you know why there are rating systems? it's to help parents to let their kids/teens to have access to appropriate games/films and thats what such a system would hand over completely to the parents. in my eyes its the duty of parents to guide their kids. but that's to off topic. don't let us fall into this discussion. this thread is not the right place for it. it was just a feature suggestion. if hungyip is not going to integrate it somebody else might be willing to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: alright alright.. Sheesh. brb +1