www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Screemer said:
OuahOuah said:
I see problems with a "censorship"
tongue.gif
parental control => you will need too many levels to implement because angry people will come to say : my 16 old will play this game not this, and you will have many different level and so on.
Educate your children before implementing difficult options to manage...
but you know why there are rating systems? it's to help parents to let their kids/teens to have access to appropriate games/films and thats what such a system would hand over completely to the parents. in my eyes its the duty of parents to guide their kids.

So we must (hungyip84 in fact) implement a complete rate system...
Waste of time but anyway, it is his decision...
Hope he will use an existing system. Like PEGI.
But which system : USA, european, etc...

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
hey whats the big idea of moving the cover etc co-ods? each skin made now is different how am i supposed to add them now?

post the config.txt settings needed to work with each skin

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
I've read your post BEFORE ("STFU button") you edited it. Nothing to be so offensive it was just a question. Maybe you just need to grow up before you can questions the right way. Anyway ... back to topic. I think a buttoncombination would be a good way to do that Screemer.

And making a smart comment of "And how is this gonna happen, with some magic button noone knows about?" is as equally offensive and rude. Last I've checked, I've contributed to the loader a lot more than you have. What have you done lately? I edited my post to show some restraint and respect for the OP, maybe you should try the same, pal.

There always has to be one in every thread I guess...

Anyways, back to what we were discussing, using C and Z in combination might be the best bet. Most smaller kids probably wouldn't figure out that those in combination unlock the game, at least not that easily.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some idea on implementing the parental control, might be able to work on it tomorrow.

But the secret button would not be there for sure.

I try not to promise anything. The feature might be there, or might not.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
I've got some idea on implementing the parental control, might be able to work on it tomorrow.

you should totally make the unlock code: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, 1, 2 minus, plus

If your kid knows that he deserves to play any game he wants lol

sorry its gettin late
tongue.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
OuahOuah said:
I see problems with a "censorship"
tongue.gif
parental control => you will need too many levels to implement because angry people will come to say : my 16 old will play this game not this, and you will have many different level and so on.
Educate your children before implementing difficult options to manage...
but you know why there are rating systems? it's to help parents to let their kids/teens to have access to appropriate games/films and thats what such a system would hand over completely to the parents. in my eyes its the duty of parents to guide their kids. but that's to off topic. don't let us fall into this discussion. this thread is not the right place for it. it was just a feature suggestion. if hungyip is not going to integrate it somebody else might be willing to.

totally agree with this comment , i personally would only like to limit the damage they can do , i wouldnt restrict them from playing any game , im just not one of them people that believe playing games create monsters / murderers !
lecture.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tripellex said:
cyrex said:
I've read your post BEFORE ("STFU button") you edited it. Nothing to be so offensive it was just a question. Maybe you just need to grow up before you can questions the right way. Anyway ... back to topic. I think a buttoncombination would be a good way to do that Screemer.

And making a smart comment of "And how is this gonna happen, with some magic button noone knows about?" is as equally offensive and rude. Last I've checked, I've contributed to the loader a lot more than you have. What have you done lately? I edited my post to show some restraint and respect for the OP, maybe you should try the same, pal.

There always has to be one in every thread I guess...

Anyways, back to what we were discussing, using C and Z in combination might be the best bet. Most smaller kids probably wouldn't figure out that those in combination unlock the game, at least not that easily.

his offense went in my direction and i wasn't offended at all. english seams not to be his native language nor it's mine and it's not easy to phrase everything as best as it could be. you can try a little german if you want to
wink.gif
everybody just calm down. it's the interwobble don't be so touchy.

QUOTE(evvil @ Apr 14 2009, 09:25 AM)
you should totally make the unlock code: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, 1, 2 minus, plus

sorry its gettin late
tongue.gif
totally agreed
smile.gif

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
great work!!

1 bug ive just noticed is .... if you remove your sd card from the slot whilst on the menu , the loader tries downloading the art work with no sd card in .. the result is a screen dump...

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hungyip84 said:
lou_weed said:
do i need cios rev10 to use V6 (based on 1.4) ?
i just have rev9.. dont know if i should switch from the first version of this great loader

You could use V6.7 (1.1 version)

It have the same functionality, and you don't need to install rev10 for that =)

its only the same functionality in launching , but not in deleting titles , right ?

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
hungyip84 said:

sorry its gettin late
tongue.gif

Unlock code is possible but it's just time consuming to implement. I will let some others to do this.

Posts merged

lou_weed said:
hungyip84 said:
QUOTE(lou_weed @ Apr 14 2009, 07:58 AM)
do i need cios rev10 to use V6 (based on 1.4) ?
i just have rev9.. dont know if i should switch from the first version of this great loader

You could use V6.7 (1.1 version)

It have the same functionality, and you don't need to install rev10 for that =)

its only the same functionality in launching , but not in deleting titles , right ?

Deleting is fine in 1.1, that bug was fixed.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
evvil said:
Bladexdsl said:
hey whats the big idea of moving the cover etc co-ods? each skin made now is different how am i supposed to add them now?

post the config.txt settings needed to work with each skin

their all different though there's adult, child. ocarina on/off etc

put something like:

Newbackgound.png uses these config setings

layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
console_coords=x,y,width,height
console_color=11,4
covers_coords=x,y
entry_lines = x
max_characters = x

ocarina is just a default setting so it dosent really matter

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-tek said:
great work!!

1 bug ive just noticed is .... if you remove your sd card from the slot whilst on the menu , the loader tries downloading the art work with no sd card in .. the result is a screen dump...

This is a minor thing. I would fix it when I have time.

I am also planning to get 16:9 to work. I remembered seeing some code at around page 32. Could someone confirm if that code would help 16:9?

Posts merged

QUOTE(m-tek @ Apr 14 2009, 09:30 AM) great work!!

This is a minor thing. I would fix it when I have time.

I am also planning to get 16:9 to work. I remembered seeing some code at around page 32. Could someone confirm if that code would help 16:9?

Going to bed now, gd nite.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:

Wiishizzza sent me yestereday a 16:9 fix version , but i dont jknow if that was a code from page 32. but it works well, ony this i have see is that the picture was shrinked in his high....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!