Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Ah, right. The thing is, some settings aren't very clear as to what they do. For example, the Ocarina setting in there. Does setting it to 0 disable the feature entirely so that you can't enable it by pressing the 2 button or just turn it off by default?

If the latter is the case, then why is it even there if it can be set individually for each game? Seems redundant to me.

It is just a default option. Some people like ocarina a lot so they want it to set it on as default so that they don't need to toggle every time. Of course, if they have saved the settings, the loader would use the saved settings instead of the default setting

Posts merged

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Apr 14 2009, 07:52 AM) I'm wondering... is there a way to put the images on the HD itself? like all the box art... since it's not loaded until the drive is anyway, can't we toss it on there?

I'm not a coding god like the rest of these talented guys... but there has to be a way to do it... would save a ton of problems... just enable downloading from the WiFi, and it saves it on the HD so you don't even have to mess with it anymore.

I guess it could not be done. The HDD is a wbfs drive (wii backup file system), it is only for wii backups =)

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
do i need cios rev10 to use V6 (based on 1.4) ?
i just have rev9.. dont know if i should switch from the first version of this great loader

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lou_weed said:
do i need cios rev10 to use V6 (based on 1.4) ?
i just have rev9.. dont know if i should switch from the first version of this great loader

You could use V6.7 (1.1 version)

It have the same functionality, and you don't need to install rev10 for that =)

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Ah, right. The thing is, some settings aren't very clear as to what they do. For example, the Ocarina setting in there. Does setting it to 0 disable the feature entirely so that you can't enable it by pressing the 2 button or just turn it off by default?

If the latter is the case, then why is it even there if it can be set individually for each game? Seems redundant to me.

How is having options a bad thing? if you don't like/need it don't use it. Don't assume just because you think its pointless that everyone shares your opinion, just be thankful for what we got.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 another cool feature would be when installing a game when you hit + to install, the loader looks at the disk ID and looks in the folder for a cover art so that it can show what game is being installed at the moment.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im bored said:
hungyip84 another cool feature would be when installing a game when you hit + to install, the loader looks at the disk ID and looks in the folder for a cover art so that it can show what game is being installed at the moment.

I will look at it. Maybe tomorrow.

Posts merged

FenrirWolf said:
evvil said:
QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Apr 14 2009, 01:40 AM) Is there an updated list of every configurable option and the settings to work them? Something like that would be useful for the first post.

Check this [url=http://pastebin.com/d33387023]http://pastebin.com/d33387023[/url]

Thanks a lot! That's just what I was looking for.

This loader is included in the package too =)

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip,

I for one implore you not to stop here, and to keep going with the great work and progress. Your loader is turning out by far to be the best loader out there, and I can only see it getting better.

For example, one idea usptactical and I were working on with his loader before the flood started, was a simple lockout routine for games that are unsuitable for kids. He and I both have small children, and if we had a simple way to lock mature games, maybe with a "Press 1,1,1 to lock, 2,1,2,1 to unlock" for each game or something similar, that would be great for us parents. The options could even be saved using your new per-game saving routine. I think this would put your loader leaps and bounds above all the rest, moreso than it already is.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
In case anybody is trying to compile from the v6.6 or v6.7 sources without success, I found out why I had this error:
"c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpng"
Starting from v6.6, the "lib" folder found in v5 source is missing (it just contains one file, libpng.a)

tripellex, the password could also be used to lock game uninstall, this way there would be no need for different setups (normal from HBC/kids from forwarder)

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zorglub07 said:
Previous sources would compile fine, but when I try to compile the source for v6.6 I get:
"c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpng"

me too...

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
hungyip,

I for one implore you not to stop here, and to keep going with the great work and progress. Your loader is turning out by far to be the best loader out there, and I can only see it getting better.

For example, one idea usptactical and I were working on with his loader before the flood started, was a simple lockout routine for games that are unsuitable for kids. He and I both have small children, and if we had a simple way to lock mature games, maybe with a "Press 1,1,1 to lock, 2,1,2,1 to unlock" for each game or something similar, that would be great for us parents. The options could even be saved using your new per-game saving routine. I think this would put your loader leaps and bounds above all the rest, moreso than it already is.

If i am going to implement this feature, I would prefer to have it set in the titles.txt or config.txt

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
Im bored said:

I will look at it. Maybe tomorrow.

Posts merged

FenrirWolf said:
evvil said:
QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Apr 14 2009, 01:40 AM) Is there an updated list of every configurable option and the settings to work them? Something like that would be useful for the first post.

Check this [url=http://pastebin.com/d33387023]http://pastebin.com/d33387023[/url]

Thanks a lot! That's just what I was looking for.

This loader is included in the package too =)

I made it a bit easier to read by deleting some of the unnecessary "#" and spacing things out so you could tell when on feature ended and another started

talixme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
The final version is working reallay good this is a PERFECT loader, but is just one thing that will make it really really good,when i make a channel of a game from the hard drive if i use this loader,the game doesnt execute just go to the menu, so i have to use the older loader,is any way that i can use this one??? Because if the setting are in the hard drive, only have to be autoexecuted rigth???the program that i use to make the wad channels is WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0.

Thanks

I don't understand at all.

If you make a channel of the game, it doesn't use my loader at all.

Sorry if i dont explain correctly. What i mean is that when i make a channel of a game i have to use this loader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R5RVJ11 and i want to use your loader with all the features ocarina....force video......

One more time thanks a lot for all this great work.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
talixme said:
hungyip84 said:
talixme said:
The final version is working reallay good this is a PERFECT loader, but is just one thing that will make it really really good,when i make a channel of a game from the hard drive if i use this loader,the game doesnt execute just go to the menu, so i have to use the older loader,is any way that i can use this one??? Because if the setting are in the hard drive, only have to be autoexecuted rigth???the program that i use to make the wad channels is WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0.

Thanks

I don't understand at all.

If you make a channel of the game, it doesn't use my loader at all.

Sorry if i dont explain correctly. What i mean is that when i make a channel of a game i have to use this loader http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R5RVJ11 and i want to use your loader with all the features ocarina....force video......

One more time thanks a lot for all this great work.

It is possible, but it requires some work. I am not sure if i want to do that.

What I need to do is just to strip this loader down so it would only read config and then load the game.

Maybe someone could do it for me?

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
If i am going to implement this feature, I would prefer to have it set in the titles.txt or config.txt

However you see fit, my friend. Though having it as an option that is writeable to the config file seems the most logical, so we don't have to edit the config or titles for each game we want to lock out. Imagine having to go back and edit the file each time you want to play Madworld lol.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
tripellex said:
hungyip,

With this parental control thing why not go the rout of having 2 different loaders
1st for kind from the menu with a forwarder
and
2nd from the HBC for adults

and in stead of having a password for each game which can get annoying after a while you hide the title in the version for kids by marking

RFNE = Wii Fit = NOKIDS
RHAE = Wii Play
RSPE = Wii Sports
RMGE = Super Mario Galaxy

and now the title does not show up in the kids version but it will in the adult since it would be using a different title.txt

just an idea

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
hungyip84:

I did per-game save settings in a config file instead on wbfs, maybe you can find this useful?
I hate to touch wbfs be it for renaming or saving settings...

oggzee said:
NEW: cfg v7:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmy2n3dtzzh/...Loader_cfg7.zip
Changes:
- Added per-game saved settings (video, language, ocarina)
Per-game settings can be saved/forgotten in the start game screen with button 2.
The settings are saved to sd:/usb-loader/settings.cfg
i like the per game saving better than one overall saving condition. one of the reasons is that it gives you the possibility of parental control i suggested around page 50.

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi thanks again for the great work on the best usb loader so far
smile.gif
. i asked about it some pages ago but is it possible for the loader to completely fill out a 16x9 TV set screen? now i have those black lines to the left and right and i really wish there was a widescreen version and not a streched up 4x3 version. tnx ion advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...