Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
I have translated this background to spanish.
2uegrc9.jpg

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the people making USB Loader Menu images, I think you are all doing a great job.
smile.gif

If you want to make the USB Loader seem more complete, you should also make images to create custom WADs/Forwarder WADs. Especially for the default background and alfatreze's image.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Here is the official V6 (both 1.1 and 1.4 included)

Added config option (ocarina, video, language, savesettings, entrylines, download)

For ocarina, video, language, the loader would use the saved settings if saved settings are detected.

savesettings is the option to save the (ocarina, video and language) settings into the game.

entrylines is the number of entry lines displayed on the screen.

download = 0 would disable the download boxart feature. download = 1 would turn it on (default is off)

I tried to fix the image reload bug in this release too. Please let me know if it works.

Link:

http://sharebee.com/944db4b0

Thanks =)

Wiishizzza would you mind updating the first post?

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
the mario said:
Do you HAVE to install rev10 to make the new loader work? I thought most of us were under the impression that SDHC support isn't all that necessary.

If it is required, can someone PM it to me?
Someone wanna answer this very simple question?

Also, I have the following setup, and the background still remains the default. What am I doing wrong?

Where did you put the config file?

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the mario said:
the mario said:
Do you HAVE to install rev10 to make the new loader work? I thought most of us were under the impression that SDHC support isn't all that necessary.

If it is required, can someone PM it to me?
Someone wanna answer this very simple question?

Also, I have the following setup, and the background still remains the default. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't even test the config stuff myself yet, but maybe you need to add spaces in front and after the = ?

example, you now have:
images_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/images/

I think it should be:
images_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/images/

correct me if I'm wrong :-)

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hungyip84 said:

Added config option (ocarina, video, language, savesettings, entrylines, download)

For ocarina, video, language, the loader would use the saved settings if saved settings are detected.

savesettings is the option to save the (ocarina, video and language) settings into the game.

download = 0 would disable the download boxart feature. download = 1 would turn it on (default is off)

I tried to fix the image reload bug in this release too. Please let me know if it works.

Link:

Thanks =)

Do you know fix bug about backup froum disk to HDD? i have an hard disk (750g) and when i try to do a backup i recive this error: WBFS error: allocat memory (i think)...

wii94

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
@hungyip84

why is nothing happen in your modV6 based 1.4, when i change the config.txt ????
on your modV6 based 1.1 it works fine
smile.gif

sry for my bad english ^^

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anarchia said:
hungyip84 said:

Link:

Thanks =)

Do you know fix bug about backup froum disk to HDD? i have an hard disk (750g) and when i try to do a backup i recive this error: WBFS error: allocat memory (i think)...

This might be too complicated for me, but i will try to take a look at it

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
For the people making USB Loader Menu images, I think you are all doing a great job.
smile.gif

If you want to make the USB Loader seem more complete, you should also make images to create custom WADs/Forwarder WADs. Especially for the default background and alfatreze's image.

I'm in the process of making animated channel images, banner, icon and such for both WADs and forwarders based off my background. I'm also playing with the source code to see if I can incorporate an animated GIF into the loader, so, for instance with my loader, I can have the Wii logo do the bending i's animation as shown on any Wii commercial. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
yeah only 1.1 is working with the config file, im using the forwader so i know that when im using the 1.4 boot.dol it doesnt work but when i use the 1.1 boot.dol its great.
Code:
images_path= SD:/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 0
simple = 0
console_color=0,15
home = reboot
download = 1
ocarina = 0
video = game
language = console
savesettings = 1
entry_lines = 13
Also can anyone tell me if thats correct, the images path i think is wrong should it be images_path= SD:/images/ or images_path = SD:images/

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
jservs7 said:
smile.gif

I'm in the process of making animated channel images, banner, icon and such for both WADs and forwarders based off my background. I'm also playing with the source code to see if I can incorporate an animated GIF into the loader, so, for instance with my loader, I can have the Wii logo do the bending i's animation as shown on any Wii commercial. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Sounds cool tripellex.
smile.gif

It's nice to see the nice work being done here, but if they're using different art on their WADs, they kind of seem incomplete and contrast.

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hungyip84 said:
Anarchia said:
hungyip84 said:

Link:

Thanks =)

This might be too complicated for me, but i will try to take a look at it

Ok thanks a lot... and can you upload the source?

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hungy

I have not tried the latest v6, so I am not sure......is Ocarina on a per game basis or always on/off based on the config.txt settings?

Great work by the way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j