Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
evvil said:
Nice work WiiShizzza, this is the best loader so far! Now if someone can figure out why excite truck green screens (I think it's something with Ocarina) this would be the end all be all till a proper gui. Anyways I liked it so much I made a custom background for it from the ground up! I think it sorta represents how this project has been put together using so many different peoples bits of code. I looks pretty good on my 40" samsung
smile.gif
Thanks again to all who have helped make this possible.

bg.png
LOL @ Wii Meun
rolleyes.gif

Great work WiiShizzza, it's the best one at the moment I think. I'll try it out later this day.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
maybe when I'm awake again things fixed themselves
wink.gif

sleep well.

You need that sleep - rest well.

You just forgot to include patchcode.h in menu.c - cos that's where configbytes is declared...

EDIT: I'll PM this little gem to you to save you trawling for it when you wake up
smile.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
Nice work WiiShizzza, this is the best loader so far! Now if someone can figure out why excite truck green screens (I think it's something with Ocarina) this would be the end all be all till a proper gui. Anyways I liked it so much I made a custom background for it from the ground up! I think it sorta represents how this project has been put together using so many different peoples bits of code. It looks pretty good on my 40" samsung
smile.gif

bg.png

*Edit* haha sorry bout that its kinda late all fixed up now
smile.gif

I love this design, but I don't like the white glowing at the bottom, around the button controls. More contrast between the white buttons and background would make this my new background. Great job nonetheless, and thanks for your contribution
biggrin.gif

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
evvil said:
Nice work WiiShizzza, this is the best loader so far! Now if someone can figure out why excite truck green screens (I think it's something with Ocarina) this would be the end all be all till a proper gui. Anyways I liked it so much I made a custom background for it from the ground up! I think it sorta represents how this project has been put together using so many different peoples bits of code. It looks pretty good on my 40" samsung
smile.gif

bg.png

*Edit* haha sorry bout that its kinda late all fixed up now
smile.gif
Looks awesome.

Remembers me (i dont know why) to Starcraft. =)

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
I love this design, but I don't like the white glowing at the bottom, around the button controls. More contrast between the white buttons and background would make this my new background. Great job nonetheless, and thanks for your contribution
biggrin.gif

Ya I basically just threw some textures I found online together, I had no real design in mind that's just what came out lol. Anyways I may alter it at some point or just wait for the next loader, in the mean time give it a shot feel free to edit mine. Or even better here is the temple I made to get the box art and console placed correctly. Now lets see some effort for this killer loader!

WiiShizzzatemplate.png

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
is that path on sd hardcoded?
i would really like to keep the loader in \apps\usbloader, because that's where my forwarder channel is pointing to

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LPlink182 said:
Very Good but the texture code of BRAWL don't work.

I'm having that problem, too. What's weird is that they worked when I tried them on a different USB Loader with Ocarina, but now when I try that one it suddenly doesn't work either.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
and i just had an idea for a childproof feature.
some other loaders have different versions: one with add/remove/format option, and one without.
can't those be combined into one loader? make the add/remove option 'password' protected. You have to enter a button combination to make the add/remove functions available. This combination could be stored in a small text file on sd.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
and i just had an idea for a childproof feature.
some other loaders have different versions: one with add/remove/format option, and one without.
can't those be combined into one loader? make the add/remove option 'password' protected. You have to enter a button combination to make the add/remove functions available. This combination could be stored in a small text file on sd.

That'd be easy. I'm thinking on adding a configuration file with things like that: images and console position, wether to use relative or (configurable) absolute path, enable chilproof with a configurable combo (ie a+b+1+2), or even enable this childproof for some title ID's (games you don't want your kid to play)... but I don't have much time for that as I should be studying...

I would also like to reorganize the source (moving ocarina things to a folder and so on...)

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Maybe just a thing : what about more than 12 titles displayed, like the 21 on nixx ?
Cause if you combine nixx (ocarina + 21 tiotle + boxart) + your (choose video mode = perfect
smile.gif

Good job anyway
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Whatever mods people do, can we at least keep them in ONE thread from now on. Having ONE USB loader is important. There were people doing great mods all over the place and now WiiShizzza has rolled the best (I'm biased here) into one then let's try to keep this going.

I suggest any mods should be posted here as a diff to this version's source and if WiiShizzza (when he wakes up) is willing to keep it all up to date then that would be great.

Let's get organized!

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
Why it hasnt language selection?
Fishears you are working with wiishizzza or you keep working in your loader?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
j.m.g.a said:
Why it hasnt language selection?
Fishears you are working with wiishizzza or you keep working in your loader?

It's all here now. WiiShizzza just needed to get some sleep. There's a small code correction in the pipeline to fix the language patch in this version but we need to wait until he wakes up. I don't want to start releasing more versions of the loader - we should all focus on this one and keep the code together and organized.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
TeenTin said:
Unfortunately, Excite Truck stills got GREEN SCREEN for any options.

I confirm the same. Tested forcing all video modes.
Did this game work in the original Waninkoko's loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning