Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just here to report my latest advances with my configurable usb game channel experiment.

Thus far, the only dol forwarder to the Ultimate loader that doesn't code dump for me seems to be the one on the wiki. Thanks to member kedest, I'm guessing that the creator of that channel is suloku. I messaged him two days ago, but still no response. So here's what I did:

I downloaded the HDD Loader forwarder from the wiki. I unpacked it and renamed 00000001.app to loader.dol and put it in the /apps/usbloader directory, and then I made a forwarder to /apps/usbloader/loader.dol with this dol forwarder source.

Testing... It is unsatisfactory -- it takes about 5 seconds to load (it's a forwarder that forwards to a forwarder which forwards to the usbloader, after all) -- but it WORKS. Now, to set the variable gameid = "RMLEH4" and see if it loads up Metal Slug Anthologies...

After many attempts, it code dumps. If I declare char *gameid = "RMLEH4"; at the top of usb-loader.c, it works, but if I put it in the dol forwarder's main.c, it code dumps every time, no matter what I seem to do.

It seems I'm at a standstill, any one have any ideas for this project? Perhaps suloku will get back to me soon.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hungyip84 said:
I guess I am done with Ultimate loader =)

Hope someone could take the work from me and continue on that.

Meanwhile I will join dimok's loader.

I really hope that you can port your final version 7.4 to the base 1.1, like what the dimok's loader is insisting on.

This is because cIOS rev9 and 1.1 does have higher stability and compatibility.

Would you please help ?

Thanks !

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
well is this going to be the last version of Ultimate USB Loader ( 7.4 ) ?? Wiishizzza would you have anything to say about this ?? or this loader is merging with the other one from nIxx and dimok's which is not a bad idea comes to think about it
wink.gif

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it probably is.

If you check the USB Iso Loader GUI by dimok,nIxxx,cyrex et al
tongue.gif
thread, they've added this:

"New members arrived: Neorame, WiiShizza,Hungyip joined nIxxx, dimok, giantpune and me "

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo hungry.. i thought of one thing....if you feel like it....maybe an option of what size cover to download using the config...using the resizer... or just making it download covers that are 160x224 so it matches up with the gui-loader specs ...so we can use the same images that we download with ultimate loader when we're testing the GUI loader your working on
wink.gif
(thats the best excuse i can think of) hehe

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, Hungryip84 had made some pretty final changes to the code and I've merged it with what I've done.

v3 is available from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

For those that already have the auto update version I've put together, you can just do the auto update from within the app.

This version has some code tweaks to the network section so those that were having errors before should try this version out.

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THitsu10 said:
yo hungry.. i thought of one thing....if you feel like it....maybe an option of what size cover to download using the config...using the resizer... or just making it download covers that are 160x224 so it matches up with the gui-loader specs ...so we can use the same images that we download with ultimate loader when we're testing the GUI loader your working on
wink.gif

yes im quoting myself...

anyways.... I went ahead and did it myself...based on ultimate loader V7.41....this one will download box art that is 160x224 to the images folder when using 4:3 mode.....now your box arts will work with the gui-loader also....wish i knew how to do more....someday

get here

dol....http://www.mediafire.com/?kfndd3ydgme

or if you like it zipped
http://www.mediafire.com/?mbgomm1tldc

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THitsu10 said:
THitsu10 said:
wink.gif

yes im quoting myself...

anyways.... I went ahead and did it myself...based on ultimate loader V7.41....this one will download box art that is 160x224 to the images folder when using 4:3 mode.....now your box arts will work with the gui-loader also....wish i knew how to do more....someday

get here

or if you like it zipped

I am glad that ppl are still looking into this thread!

@Thitsu10

great job! you can try to add downloading box art that is 128 x 224 for widescreen. I think that would become the dimension for widescreen box art in GUI loader.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And HOLY SHIT did I find a problem with the code I added last time.... Seems I forgot to bring over the code that watches for "2" button press so you couldn't access the update menu!!!!! That's a bad thing...

Good thing is, the update link is updated with a fixed dol, and the mediafire site has all the updated files as well....

Sorry for anyone that downloaded that in the few hour window it was out there!

I'm currently working on making the update system smart, so it compares versions before updating.... Hopefully that can be added to the GUI build by that team once I'm done...

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know if this was reported already, but there's a bug when your internet is set to use the LAN ADAPTER, even if its not plugged in, and your config file is set to use the network to download covers, it goes to an error screen.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i've just downloaded this and put it on an sdcard, but when i try to run it i get a DSI exception error?
I've looked at the config.txt etc and everything seems to be ok.. this is a very confusing version....
covers = 1
download = 1
installdownload = 0
savesettings = 1
images_path = SD:/images/
wimages_path = SD:/wimages/
background = bg.png
wbackground = wbg.png
widescreen = 1
background = bg.png
console_coords=40,71,340,290
console_color=7,15
covers_coords=446,109

I've got a forwarder which forwards to SD:/apps/usb-loader so i put the .dol there..
and i downloaded the background on the front screen to SD:/wimages/wbg.png
Any ideas?
EDIT: Nevermind.. it doesn't work with this forwarder with it in usb-loader

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSI exception often happens when the loader is initializing the network and you press buttons on the wiimote.

Try not to press any button while the loader is initializing the network. I hope that would help.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
Alright guys, Hungryip84 had made some pretty final changes to the code and I've merged it with what I've done.

v3 is available from: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

For those that already have the auto update version I've put together, you can just do the auto update from within the app.

This version has some code tweaks to the network section so those that were having errors before should try this version out.

Is this the normal Ultimate loader or the GUI one? Either way, I'll look into this version.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
DSI exception often happens when the loader is initializing the network and you press buttons on the wiimote.

Try not to press any button while the loader is initializing the network. I hope that would help.
No go.
If i use the animated forwarder that points to usb-loader i get exception(DSI)
if i use the normal loader which points to usbloader, it's fine.
Cheers
PS: for some reason i can't get Game Party(PAL) running...
asks for IOS 21, which doesn't seem to be on my Wii.
Should i use wad manager to install IOS21-64-v514.wad ?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ultimate usb loader is awesome. anyway we can add beyong simple controls to the B button? What i mean is if we choose simple = 1. we can press B then we have an option to delete or add games. if we cant do this, its all good.

btw.. might be too late but happy 420!
smile.gif

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
THitsu10 said:

get here

or if you like it zipped

@Thitsu10

great job! you can try to add downloading box art that is 128 x 224 for widescreen. I think that would become the dimension for widescreen box art in GUI loader.

ok, I tweaked it a little bit more per hungry's suggestion... now downloads 160x224 when in 4:3 mode..... and 128x224 when in 16:9.... also added the version right under the Used Space .... says "UltimateLoader v7.412"

have fun
http://www.mediafire.com/?9gnewls60eh

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need Halax's v3 + THitsu10's v7.412 version.....!!!

Halax : auto updating support
THitsu10 : 224 size support...

Could anybody mix them all together?

netghost007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THitsu10 said:
hungyip84 said:
THitsu10 said:

get here

or if you like it zipped

@Thitsu10

ok, I tweaked it a little bit more per hungry's suggestion... now downloads 160x224 when in 4:3 mode..... and 128x224 when in 16:9.... also added the version right under the Used Space .... says "UltimateLoader v7.412"

have fun
http://www.mediafire.com/?9gnewls60eh

For 16x9 PAL, should be 120x224
Can you make a dol for 16x9 PAL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: she was an apple appstore girl he was an uptodown boy