Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
wouldn't it be easier to have config for the resize option on the images implemented into the code, as the website it come from allows the images to be resized before download

would make things so much easier than all the different versions with different size images

config variables example for 4:3

cvrheight = 224
cvrwidth = 160

config variables example for widescreen

wcvrheight = 224
wcvrwidth = 128

hope someone could implement this.. as is would make this ultimate loader complete..

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm getting really confused now with the widescreen images sizes and the coordinates, etc.
I can't seem to get anything to work properly.
Where can I get some decent widescreen background with the correct coordinates and work properly with the wide screen images and what size should the widescreen images be now?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Sledge1 said:
Ok, i've just downloaded this and put it on an sdcard, but when i try to run it i get a DSI exception error?
Is that the error when you put a DSi game in your Wii?

I seriously hope you are joking...
if you are, that joke should of come in about 100 pages ago when it was 1st mentioned
if your serious I would recommend leaving the Wii scene...

absolutely shocking...

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Flawsdraw said:
I seriously hope you are joking...
if you are, that joke should of come in about 100 pages ago when it was 1st mentioned
if your serious I would recommend leaving the Wii scene...
Lmfao, dude ive been hacking my Wii since October 30th.
I'm Obliviously Joking.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
my background file

jzhbb9.png

wconsole_coords = 114,248,310,206
wcovers_coords = 76,12
entry_lines = 10
console_color = 0,15

those settings work fine on my pal 60hz widescreen setting

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
THitsu10 said:
ok, I tweaked it a little bit more per hungry's suggestion... now downloads 160x224 when in 4:3 mode..... and 128x224 when in 16:9.... also added the version right under the Used Space .... says "UltimateLoader v7.412"
Hi mate, do you mean that 128x224 pictures are rendered in a better way in widescreen mode?
Should i use this as a new format:
128x224 - ntsc 16/9
120x224 - pal 16/9
?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The loader should switch to a true 16:9 screen mode, that would solve all the resolution and box art size issues.
Now it's just displaying a 4:3 signal stretched to 16:9

netghost007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
THitsu10 said:
ok, I tweaked it a little bit more per hungry's suggestion... now downloads 160x224 when in 4:3 mode..... and 128x224 when in 16:9.... also added the version right under the Used Space .... says "UltimateLoader v7.412"
Hi mate, do you mean that 128x224 pictures are rendered in a better way in widescreen mode?
Should i use this as a new format:
128x224 - ntsc 16/9
120x224 - pal 16/9
?
yes, please........

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lejong2002 said:
We need Halax's v3 + THitsu10's v7.412 version.....!!!

Halax : auto updating support
THitsu10 : 224 size support...

Could anybody mix them all together?

I have provided the source code of mine with the latest version (v3), so if THitsu10 would like to grab my download and add in his code, I'd be happy to replace my update file with the latest version from him. Or if THitsu10 has the source code modifications he's made I could integrate them as well.

I've actually got true version checking built into it now, but will be looking for a way to add an option to move to the new loader if the new coders would like. The version checking just checks a file and compares values, but it would be "smarter" then how it updates now.

THitsu10, let me know what you'd like to do to merge our tweaks to this last release!

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
The loader should switch to a true 16:9 screen mode, that would solve all the resolution and box art size issues.
Now it's just displaying a 4:3 signal stretched to 16:9

Widescreen on SDTV is always stretched 4:3 to 16:9, whether or not people in the picture looks correct or to fat depends on whether or not the picture was adapted/made for 16:9 aka -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the status of his thread? Is the loader not getting any more revisions ?

Very sad, as the other one that everyone is now working on, while very Wii like, is coded very well I'm sure ... I for one liked the departure from the normal Wii like functionality that is being implemented. I think it is a step backwards (graphically) ... It's ugly in my eyes.

Just one mans opinion ... Too bad for this thread as a LOT of great people did a lot of great work here.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can not seem to change the default background to another one. How do i go about changing it? My images bg is located in the images folder on the root of sd card. Do i have to install it on the folder as the usb loader and the boxart as well?

thanks

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Found a bug..

If you connect to the network to download covers in the USB loader.. you will then be unable to connect to online games afterwards..

maybe a disconnect function is required on load of game ?

Only other way around it is to download your covers.. exit USB loader.. then start usb loader again..

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 21 2009, 06:24 PM) Found a bug..

If you connect to the network to download covers in the USB loader.. you will then be unable to connect to online games afterwards..

Only other way around it is to download your covers.. exit USB loader.. then start usb loader again..

You using usb-adapter or Wi-Fi for internet?

Internet not working when using usb-adapter is known, because when using usb-loader you can not have a 2:nd usb product active (bug in cIOS rev9-10).

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 21 2009, 06:24 PM) Found a bug..

You using usb-adapter or Wi-Fi for internet?

Internet not working when using usb-adapter is known, because when using usb-loader you can not have a 2:nd usb product active (bug in cIOS rev9-10).

I know about that.. this is something completely diff.. as I said above..

I use Wi-Fi btw...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did