jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
live.png
You know (and tripellex I am not saying this for you to go through more trouble lol), but with people that are making new backgrounds using NeoRame's new 3D Disc image, since Neo made brand new disc images with the 3D style and a gray background to them, unless something can be done to automatically position the default game box images into this 3D position, people using any newly created background would either have to (A) Deal with using the older style images to look flat or (B) Use NeoRame's new cover pack, but have to deal with the gray background to the side of the image.

Just something I noticed.
tongue.gif

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, somethin very strange goin on with the betas for me, heres my config, works just fine with 6.6 and 6.7, but betas dont like it

images_path=SD:/images/
background = sick.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
download = 1
home = reboot
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 1
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
console_color=15,1
covers_coords=28,106
console_coords=252,54,340,290
hidesettingmenu = 0
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
NeoRame said:
You know (and tripellex I am not saying this for you to go through more trouble lol), but with people that are making new backgrounds using NeoRame's new 3D Disc image, since Neo made brand new disc images with the 3D style and a gray background to them, unless something can be done to automatically position the default game box images into this 3D position, people using any newly created background would either have to (A) Deal with using the older style images to look flat or (B) Use NeoRame's new cover pack, but have to deal with the gray background to the side of the image.

tongue.gif

can the new images be auto downloaded, or do we have to use that specific cover pack?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimano said:
well, somethin very strange goin on with the betas for me, heres my config, works just fine with 6.6 and 6.7, but betas dont like it

background = sick.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
download = 1
home = reboot
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 1
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
console_color=15,1
covers_coords=28,106
hidesettingmenu = 0
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0
I noticed that some entries have a space on both sides of "=" and some do not. Does this affect anything? My v6 config had spaces on both sides of = for the console_coords, and it works perfect. I really have no idea.

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering that the images are in png, if they all become transparent images w/o background then it could possibly work out.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimano said:
jservs7 said:
NeoRame said:

tongue.gif

can the new images be auto downloaded, or do we have to use that specific cover pack?
I believe there is not separate server to download the new 3D covers, but if you have it set to auto download covers, it should still download the original ones. This is what I mean

3D =
R2DEAP3D.png
Normal =
R2DEAP.png

Another resolution, someone can be nice enough to edit out NeoRame's new pack without the grey area.
tongue.gif

Stokesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Surely if that other guy can make a working coverflow, someone can make it so it shifts the 2d cover into the 3d perspective.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:

background = sick.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
download = 1
home = reboot
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 1
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
console_color=15,1
covers_coords=28,106
hidesettingmenu = 0
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0

try savesettings = 0 this setting has bugs in the v7betaX

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:
My suggestion for this: Don't make the download automatic, but move it to the settings on button 1.

It is on the settings menu! (only shows up if you dont't have the image for that game) and you can disable auto download in the config
Really? Will test this now...

NeoRame, would you make 3d covers out of these or tell me how I can do it? Thanks
smile.gif

# download = [0] 1
# 0 => missing covers are not downloaded
# 1 => missing covers are downloaded when prompt arrow is in front of a game with no cover / boxart
# network is set up only once for every session, until the loader is ran again
# no action can be performed while image downloading
download = 0

# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => don't download cover art when you install game
downloadinstall = 1

Can somebody make for me a nice config.txt with above settings that the covers will not download auto

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:
My suggestion for this: Don't make the download automatic, but move it to the settings on button 1.

It is on the settings menu! (only shows up if you dont't have the image for that game) and you can disable auto download in the config
Hm, not for me. I disabled auto download, deleted a cover I know is on the server, but I get no option to download the cover in the settings menu when pressing B.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:

Hm, not for me. I disabled auto download, deleted a cover I know is on the server, but I get no option to download the cover in the settings menu when pressing B.

I didn't work in v7beta, it did in v7beta2, i guess its not in v7beta3? i havent tested on 3 much sorry
frown.gif

just wait V7 final is coming very very soon!

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Golfje said:
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:
evvil said:
SpaceJump said:

Really? Will test this now...

NeoRame, would you make 3d covers out of these or tell me how I can do it? Thanks
smile.gif

# download = [0] 1
# 0 => missing covers are not downloaded
# 1 => missing covers are downloaded when prompt arrow is in front of a game with no cover / boxart
# network is set up only once for every session, until the loader is ran again
# no action can be performed while image downloading
download = 0

# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => don't download cover art when you install game
downloadinstall = 1

Can somebody make for me a nice config.txt with above settings that the covers will not download auto

just add:

download = 0
downloadinstall = 1

to a txt file named config.txt and place it in the same folder as to boot.dol, thats it!

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evvil said:
wiimano said:

background = sick.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
download = 1
home = reboot
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 1
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
console_color=15,1
covers_coords=28,106
hidesettingmenu = 0
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0

try savesettings = 0 this setting has bugs in the v7betaX

thanks for the info, im gonna try this out, as well as putting space on each side of every line of =

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V7 Official: http://sharebee.com/7387e93b

Source: http://sharebee.com/58fd8ac4

In order to compile the source, you need to add this library and add to libogc folder:
http://melpo.googlecode.com/files/FreeImage-Wii.zip

Thanks evvil for testing
Thanks LuffarJoh for helping in the widescreen feature!

What's New:

1. A lot of bug fixes
2. added widescreen option. (If you use widescreen, please set layout to ultimatew or simple delete the layout config)
#
# wbackground = image_name.png
# name of your widescreen background image, in PNG format, located in your images path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
wbackground = wbg.png
#
# widescreen = [0] 1
# 0 => no wide screen
# 1 => wide screen
# caution: if turn on the wide screen, the loader would resize the image from your SD card. Toggling between
# wide screen and non-wide screen would cause loss in image quality. Hopefully this feature would get better in next release
widescreen = 0
#
3. ultimate2 layout has been changed to fit new background, it is also the default layout now.
Added new ultimatew layout (for default widescreen, which is the default layout when you enable widescreen)

Config Guide: http://pastebin.com/m57db58d2

You might have noticed a significant increase in file size. This is due to the new FreeImage library being used.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using a new image library? Are you resizing the images within the app now? Does that mean that I can stop the batch image tilterizer?

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
You're using a new image library? Are you resizing the images within the app now? Does that mean that I can stop the batch image tilterizer?

Yes, auto image resize. However, currently after resizing it will overwrite the original image in SD card. Might improve this in next release.

All new bugs would be fixed in next release (unless they are significant)

I am done today.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure why i had issues with the betas, but the final build 1.1 and 1.4 work great for me, great job hungyip, thanks mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.