Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, installed again just to make sure to, i am on cios rev 10. hungyip you have anything for me to test? you were idle last time i checked.

nothing with 1.4 works, not this one, not brismas, not the official loader, all gives me issues, im not sure why that is. when the loader does load up, it will freeze, and i cant scroll the games, then once i power it down, 1 time out 4 it will freeze up on the system menu with the high pitch beep until i shut it down again.

this only seems to happen with 1.4 loaders.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, said above there mate, ive installed it, installed it twice to make sure of it, said it all went through successfully, ran boot, network, downloaded, installed, restart, and still not able to work. i cant even do a thing on the loader, before i could at least scroll, now it just freezes up

actually don, maybe i have the bugged version then, ill try this one, thanks mate

sleeepy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
sleeepy2 said:
Help. I broke it and I don't know what I did.
Yesterday I tried UltimateV6.7 (1.4) didn't work (Code Dump) but (1.1) did.
Today I see there is a new version that is only based on the (1.4) version. It didn't work (Code Dump) so I installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad cause I thought that is what was needed. Didn't help still (Code Dump). Now UltimateV6.7 (1.1) doesn't work either.
What stupid move did I do and how can I fix it?

What system menu version are you on? If you're on 3.2 then installing that version of IOS36 shouldn't really have to do with anything as far as I know. Are you running the loader through a forwarder channel or directly through the HBC?

@FenrirWolf
menu is 3.3u running directly from HBC
obviously I am not really sure what I am doing but it did work yesterday.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
check that you have the 2nd version of the cios... as i said several people were having issues with their loaders ALL were using the previous bugged version.
you should give it a try.
if it stil don't work, check if you have a GC controller plugged in...

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey don, i think you sent me the 1.4 loader, not the cios rev 10

it says SDUSB-Loader_v1.4

i think you need to send again, wrong file mate

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neorame,

Really like your last concept. Any chance you might be able to do a reverse on it? Make a Black verion of it with the white lettering? Instead of the Grey with black lettering? For some reason the blacks look more sleek to me on the screen.

NeoRame said:
here we go.... here is my new theme update, with my new nice looking "3d" boxart. backgrounds availeble for v6 and v7
exclusiv for this theme i have convert all covers from http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php for the 3d boxart
i have downladed all covers (axactly 1331 covers ) at April 15. 2009, 23:35:30

boxart in action preview ;-)
live.png

NoImage cover
noimageb.png

Background for v6
28581469.png

Background for v7
bgv7.png

config.txt
Code:
images_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
console_color=8,7
download = 0
covers_coords=28,106
console_coords=252,54,340,290

Download Cover packs for my theme:

PAL - 565 Covers

NTSC - 518 Covers

NTSC-J - 248 Covers

All in one Cover pack - 1331 Covers

hope you like
NeoRame

and keep it your awesome work on this USBL

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well boys and girls, its time for my latest contribution to this awesome project. Below is my custom black chrome BG, refitted for the 3D boxart, along with WAD images for making a custom WAD. I tried making one myself, and I kept getting code dumps, so maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can make one for me. Hit me up on PM if you can give me a hand.

Background
18936174.png

Channel Background
menuscreen1.png

Icon and Logo
iconimage.png

logochan.png

Please don't PM me asking how to use these. If you don't know, Google it, as I'm no expert in WAD making myself.
Also please don't PM me asking for the PSDs, as I didn't make any this time around.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work tripellex.
smile.gif

You should make your icon image different from the logo image so it performs a nice change on the system menu.
biggrin.gif

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
Well boys and girls, its time for my latest contribution to this awesome project. Below is my custom black chrome BG, refitted for the 3D boxart, along with WAD images for making a custom WAD. I tried making one myself, and I kept getting code dumps, so maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can make one for me. Hit me up on PM if you can give me a hand.

SNIP

Please don't PM me asking how to use these. If you don't know, Google it, as I'm no expert in WAD making myself.
Also please don't PM me asking for the PSDs, as I didn't make any this time around.

Still using the old layout for the buttons?

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex, sick background mate, any way to do one with the images on the right side? i like black a lot more, keep em comin

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't aware there was a new layout lol. Guess I don't pay much attention to the buttons themselves. I'll go back and revise it.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah tripellex, the newest has the images on the right side too, i think it looks better on that side, thats just my opinion on that, really like that background tho mate

update: i reinstalled rev10 revised, not sure if mine was revised or old before, but still freezing up on me, 1.4 loader doesnt like my wii mates, not sure what the problem is

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did some testing with v7beta3 and it seems everything works besides the case when the loader tries to download a cover that doesn't exist (in my case it is cover for a GH3 custom with edited game id). The loader then loops and tries to download the cover again and again without end (the loader always reports that he downloaded a small file, no idea what). My suggestion for this: Don't make the download automatic, but move it to the settings on button 1.

And I say it again (hopefully you hear me
wink.gif
): Please make the path to the titles.txt configurable in config.txt.

Thanks for your great work!

Btw, NeoRame your 3D boxart skin is awesome!

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tripellex said:

Background
18936174.png

Looks nice! I really like the black. Looks sleek.
I have a feeling the 3D pictures wont work with this tho, or do they? On all the pictures (unless theres another set I dont see) theres a grey strip on the right hand side that blends in neorame's grey background. It wont blend so well on a black background.

For some reason I can't get the background to work and it's not loading any of the images. It keeps loading the regular background for some reason. I have the new one in the root, the cover folder and the apps/usbloader folder and all of those places it still doesnt show up. My config files in a couple different places too. What am I doing wrong?

QUOTEimages_path=SD::/apps/usbloader/covers/
background = Black3Dcover.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
console_color=8,7
download = 0
covers_coords=28,106
console_coords=252,54,340,290
video = auto
ocarina = 1
home = exit

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wish i could say the same, but v7 beta 3 doesnt work at all for me. i am on rev10, as ive said, and i downloaded link from don killah, so if that is the newest revised one, then thats what i have.

6.6 based off 1.1 loader works 6.7 based off 1.1 works

anything with 1.4 seems to be buggy for me

ill test anything out, just let me know, so far tho, no success with anything 1.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....