Hacking usb loader just goes back to system menu

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently switched to my windows computer and switched my external hardrie to FAT32 and I think I put a couple .iso files on it correctly using WBM but when I plug into my Wii and open USB loader it loads and I click "START" then it just goes back to system menu...

IM confused, have I done something wrong, or not install something correctly?

Im using 4.3u, recently used ModMii.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have the USB loader that is provided by the download in ModMii, do I have to download anoher USB loader or what!? argggg!

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck all that im just gonna use my mac computer, this windows shit is all just to confusing! Actually this is all just to confusing!

But I think I have it almost figured out.

Once I format my external hardrive to WBFS, I can then use WBFS for MAC- OS X to add .iso files an add then to my external hardrive that I can then plug into my wii and play?

Only thing im not understanding is do I need to download USB loader GX ? Im confusedabout this, I have USB Loader which was installed on my wii when downloaded Modmii?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you format to FAT32?
are your games in a folder on the drive called wbfs?

its simple.
hack your wii using modmii
run modmii again, goto usb loading, install that section, you'll get FAT32 GUI Formatter.
Do the ENTIRE drive FAT32.
use wii backup manager to trans from mac to drive.
USE Configurable USB Loader, works 100%

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
did you format to FAT32?

I do believe so.

I think I have given up on this whole using windows and formatting to FAT32.

Think I might just got with the info I was told about formatting to WBFS, and then using WBFs for MAC- OS X to add .iso files to the external drive.

But all im wondering is do I need usb loader GX or is the USB Loader provided by modmii fine to use?

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
did you format to FAT32?

its simple.
hack your wii using modmii
run modmii again, goto usb loading, install that section, you'll get FAT32 GUI Formatter.
Do the ENTIRE drive FAT32.
use wii backup manager to trans from mac to drive.
USE Configurable USB Loader, works 100%

See this is my problem WBM is a windows program... Cant use on my mac so which is why I think im going to format to WBFS and use WBFS for MAC- OSX

And as of right now im trying to find a guide online how to format my External Hardrive to WBFS format... Think I have found a guide but not sure, no one is really familiar with macs guess I should purchase a windows computer and stop borrowing someones when needed haha.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone familiar with how to format a external hardrive to WBFS so i can use WBFS for MAC- OSx to add .iso files to external hardrive and then use usb loader to play games?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootcamp, parallels, fusion, virtual box - all options for running windows on your mac, and i suggest you employ one of them, format your external drive to fat32, and save yourself a great deal of trouble down the road.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
bootcamp, parallels, fusion, virtual box - all options for running windows on your mac, and i suggest you employ one of them, format your external drive to fat32, and save yourself a great deal of trouble down the road.

okay I downloaded Bootcamp about to partion ir or whatever its asking now. And after I run this I should just be able to download WBM and format to FAT32 and then put .iso files on to my external hardrive and play? is that what your saying?
biggrin.gif

am i almost there?
smile.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with an install of windows on your mac, you'll be able to run all the windows apps, like wii backup manager, which can handle all the formatting and iso loading required to make a backup-friendly drive.

liop4q

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
with an install of windows on your mac, you'll be able to run all the windows apps, like wii backup manager, which can handle all the formatting and iso loading required to make a backup-friendly drive.

Okay well now I have come into a dillemia after installing bootcamp it asked for a windows installation disc...

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure this out? I used Modmii as well and im using a formatted FAT32 WD 500gb Passport. The USB loader says plug in USB device and when i click start the black screen with the logo comes up but then it goes to system menu. Any ideas?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) make sure the USB drive is in the bottom port
2) does it go back to the system menu on every game?

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again for your Shano. I dont have any games loaded on it as i have no isos. I just wanted to back up my orginal disk. Right now it's a channel on my system menu. I click on it, it says, please connect usb, despite the fact it is connected and the the light is on, and when i hit start it goes to a black screen with a wii remote on it and then from there it goes to system menu. Ive run Modmii to softmod and i used modmii for the usb loader part of it. I dont understand what Im missing.
frown.gif

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wannawanna said:
Thank you again for your Shano. I dont have any games loaded on it as i have no isos. I just wanted to back up my orginal disk. Right now it's a channel on my system menu. I click on it, it says, please connect usb, despite the fact it is connected and the the light is on, and when i hit start it goes to a black screen with a wii remote on it and then from there it goes to system menu. Ive run Modmii to softmod and i used modmii for the usb loader part of it. I dont understand what Im missing.
frown.gif

ahh I see, and I think I know your issue.

The "please connect usb" will be there no matter if a USB device is connected or not.
It's a forwarder channel, meaning it forwards to an app on your sd card.

Try this:

download this
http://www.mediafire.com/?q58lv183cjlub57

rename the .dol to boot.dol

make a folder called whatever in your apps folder, place the .dol there

Load the .dol
Go settings once you boot usb loader gx
click the "partition" option and see if you can find your harddrive

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it but I get error "USB device not found". I checked the compatability on the list and it should be fine. I also dont hav GX though, just the configurable one from Modmii

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furthermore, Isusb detects it

EDIT

Sorry for the double post first off. So, I installed USB Loader GX via their installer on my sd card. That loads and finds my hard drive. Finally!!! When I run it now I get a DSI error though.
frown.gif
The game is Brawl, I dont know if that makes a difference since I used the smash stack hack

Super Edit

So- I took out my sd while in the hbc and magically wiiflow and CFGUSB appear and work flawlessly.... I dont get it. Anyone? lol and thanks for all the help.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting any settings from those loaders in the /apps folder and the /config folder (and the /usb_loader folder)

Try using the beta rev I posted

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
liop4q said:
I just recently switched to my windows computer and switched my external hardrie to FAT32 and I think I put a couple .iso files on it correctly using WBM but when I plug into my Wii and open USB loader it loads and I click "START" then it just goes back to system menu...

IM confused, have I done something wrong, or not install something correctly?

Im using 4.3u, recently used ModMii.
I hope it's OK to answer that, the channel you have uses IOS58 and you don't have it, that's the problem.
Use the IOS58 installer for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage