Hacking USB Loader Help!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do it properly you should use IOS36. Just make sure when you're in the IOS36 menu in TBR that you're selecting to install to IOS36 and are saying YES to the trucha patching option as shown in the video.

And you already tried using IOS249 in the installer and that didn't work either?

Edit: And I'm not flaming anyone, nowhere here did he say he has a launch Wii so I'm not assuming anything about it as giving information without taking that into consideration is dangerous, and the TBR should work on any system that is out at the moment. I simply pointed out that IOS downgrader generally isn't supposed to work on a Wii with 4.0 and nothing previously done to it before which is why you originally needed to use comex's thing to downgrade IOS35 before being able to install an older IOS 35 with the trucha bug. Now cboot2 and TBR can be used safely on any Wii to get the Trucha Bug back. You also seemed to have a misconception about how the cIOS installers used IOS's so I pointed that out as well. I don't intend to flame anyone, I'm just trying to help correct any misconceptions and prevent any possibly harmful advice from being given. Before you did your legit 4.0 update did you already have some form of cIOS installed or the trucha bug present in something? If so that would be a completely different case to this (and still shouldn't have needed IOS downgrader).

wazeer23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont even think i have any cIOS downloaded, should i start from the first one? im deadly confused and extremely frustrated right now.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you ran TBR again making sure everything was exactly like the video and using IOS36 with the rev13a installer still didn't work?

Edit: What did IOS downgrader actually do when you ran it. Did it just not do anything and reset or did it actually go through and install a bunch of IOS's?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can try the cboot2 method. There's a little more info including some more snippets from nabster92 at this link..

@nabster92
I was joking about the flaming. He told me he had a launch Wii in PM. Thanks for the info regarding how the cIOS uses the IOS. And I had nothing installed before updating to 4.0U. I used bannerbomb/hackmii installer, ran IOS Downgrader, and installed cIOS without issue. The only difference is that I installed rev7 first and then update the cIOS to rev10. I now run rev12.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok let's start from the beginning, is this a launch Wii?

And you said you installed a wad of the usb loader gx channel. What did you use to install that?

Was that while you were on 3.2 or on 4.0?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Well, you can try the cboot2 method. There's a little more info including some more snippets from nabster92 at this link..

@nabster92
I was joking about the flaming. He told me he had a launch Wii in PM. Thanks for the info regarding how the cIOS uses the IOS. And I had nothing installed before updating to 4.0U. I used bannerbomb/hackmii installer, ran IOS Downgrader, and installed cIOS without issue. The only difference is that I installed rev7 first and then update the cIOS to rev10. I now run rev12.

I have no idea why that worked unless you weren't actually on 4.0 yet or something...what told you to do that in that way?

And to wazeer, is that with your usb device in the outer USB port (the one closer to the edge)?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sigh...ok well you said you have a launch Wii so let's just try the IOS35 downgrading method.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Follow the OFFLINE guide up to step 11. If you don't already have bootmii on your Wii then you might as well just follow those step to install the HBC as it will install a newer version of it anyways.

Edit: Let me know if there are any problems with the prepare.bat or something now that 4.1 is out. Not sure if that would interfere with what gets downloaded from NUS with that. If it doesn't work right PM me some way for me to send the files to you.

...On that note when did you update to 4.0? It didn't actually update to 4.1 by any chance did it? That shouldn't cause any problem, but maybe that would be what was making things not work...it WAS only out for like a full day so everything about it might not really be known yet.

wazeer23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on the bootmii part, and i cant chose any option on my wii, my wii mote doesnt even connect

Posts merged

lol i updated to 4.0 yesterday, 2 hours before 4.1

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the actual bootmii menu or the installer? The bootmii menu requires a GC controller, it doesn't have access to the wiimote functionality. If you installed to boot2 however you can also use the power button on the wii itself to move right and the reset button to select.

wazeer23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10) If you do not have cIOS installed yet Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 choose IOS35 and install cios_fix.wad then restart

Doesnt work, it fails

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... did 8 and 9 give any errors?

I don't know why your Wii is being so difficult with this. Maybe that random IOS249 you seem to have on your Wii from elsewhere is causing problems. You could try using AnyTitleDeleter and have that delete IOS249, but make sure to not delete ANYTHING else but that. Then trying doing that installation again of either cios_fix.wad and then rev10 or the rev13 installer again with IOS 36 or 35.

If that doesn't work then you could maybe try running TBR again and having that IOS36 step install a patched IOS36 to IOS249 instead and then run the rev13 installer again off of IOS249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la