Hacking usb loader gx

barrygh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have a 4 gig flash pen that works fine with usb loader gx but im looking to store my back ups on a hard drive i have formatted the hard drive to wbfs and i have the games on it however my wii crashes to a black screen when i try to load it.
can any one help please.
thanks
barry

barrygh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my hard drive has been formated to fat 32 then to wbfs so that the wii can read it i have also put games on it using wbfs manager 3.0 but as soon as i try to load it wy wii goes black screen and freezes any idea

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try deleting your usb loader settings file (can't remember the exact title now)

u dont need to format hard drives as wbfs anymore, u can play wii games off them if u keep them formatted fat32 (or ntfs), wbfs still works... but if it keeps giving u problems, try fat32

barrygh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi again i have tryed another hard drive infact i have tryed 4
1 seagate 60 gig
1 maxtor 80 gig
1 excelstor 60 gig
and 1 samsung 120gig

i have downloaded wii back up manager Version 0.3.4r4 and still im getting the same result i press start on usb loader gx and the screan goes black freezes and the blue led around the disk drive starts to flash slowly. any ideas
and thanks xflak40 for all your help so far.
barry

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsure.gif
Maybe need the usb2 cIOS?, and have you tried the other usb port (The bottom one if you lay it flat)?

barrygh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i do have cios 249 and 222 i installed them when i soft modded my wii i have never hear of a usb 2 cios to be honist. my wii is playing games of my 4 gig flash pen but just not my hard drives were do i get the usb 2 cios?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lmao, it would be hilarious if it was the wrong usb port, especially since usb loader gx has a picture telling u to plug it into port0 if it doesn't detect a drive after 15 seconds!

Posts merged

what version of cios249 are u using, upgrade to rev17

u also should instal cios 222/223

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, didn´t realize there was such an obvious "error" message about the port. Guess that is pretty funny.

I do have app folder that´s called "cios_usb2", but I don´t know how old it is, or where to get it. Google prolly does though.

Any way good luck. It was worth a shot.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the usb2 installer your referring to install IOS202 for use with mplayer_ce (and maybe some other stuff) but it is not used by a usb loader... so that isn't the problem either

to run a usb loader all your wii needs is cios 249 and/or 222 (222 v4 or v5 for fat/ntfs support) and a way to launch the usbloader from your hard drive or sd card (and obviously u need a properly set up hard drive)

try downloading the most recent version of usbloader gx from HERE.

If it still isn't working, try usb loader cfg

barrygh1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks to xflak40 and callmebob for all your help i have got it working ihad to change my hard drive cady in the end to get it working but thanks for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: eyetoy was fun yeah