Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
@blackb0x I don't remember if I explained this to you before, but I've noticed a bug with the gamertag feature that has been around for years.

Gamertags (well, RiiTag is the only one right now) seem to not update when there are multiple Internet connections set up on the Wii and may have to do with the connection slot used, and they don't update when using wired Ethernet either. I had this bug before with DUTag when it was still around, so I think it's a USB Loader GX problem.

Happy holidays!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Larsenv Thanks for the report!

Do you see any similar issues with the HBC? Like if you connect to 2 WiFi networks and then turn one of them off is it connecting to the correct one? It should show the symbol when connected and you'll see the devices IP address when you press the home button.

@fandango Thanks! And the same goes to you and everyone else here. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
@Larsenv Thanks for the report!

Do you see any similar issues with the HBC? Like if you connect to 2 WiFi networks and then turn one of them off is it connecting to the correct one? It should show the symbol when connected and you'll see the devices IP address when you press the home button.

@fandango Thanks! And the same goes to you and everyone else here. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

I'm not sure what the HBC says, but I think I found how I can reproduce the problem. If you don't have a Connection 1 set up on your Wii and are using Connection 2 or 3, that seems to break the tag updating for some reason.

By the way, something else that's been broken for a while is the GameTDB titles for my games. I believe the title names are downloaded, but the game titles are still wrong like "sports pack for revolution" (the internal name).

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what the HBC says, but I think I found how I can reproduce the problem. If you don't have a Connection 1 set up on your Wii and are using Connection 2 or 3, that seems to break the tag updating for some reason.

It might just be a libogc issue, since it's networking code is so incomplete for the Wii. But I'll look into it when I've got a little more time.

By the way, something else that's been broken for a while is the GameTDB titles for my games. I believe the title names are downloaded, but the game titles are still wrong like "sports pack for revolution" (the internal name).
I think you mentioned this issue before, but I was unable to replicate it. And I'm not sure how it could fail, unless you've got game header caching enabled and it hasn't reset to get the new titles. That shouldn't happen though.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, I want to re report an issue that has been plagging me for years and neither Cyan or me could figure a workaround.

The bug being, usb loader GX outright refuses to work with all the external HDD's, all of them are WD blue, one is a 3.5" Blue EHDD on a amazon case, another is an easy store and so on. Usbloader GX says "waiting for EHDD" and then it won't detect it and skip right onto the channel mode.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bug being, usb loader GX outright refuses to work with all the external HDD's, all of them are WD blue, one is a 3.5" Blue EHDD on a amazon case, another is an easy store and so on. Usbloader GX says "waiting for EHDD" and then it won't detect it and skip right onto the channel mode.
Delete your existing usbloader_gx folders and then try with my updated version of the loader.

https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I ask 1. is it planned to release another current new version?
2. I have a problem because the game paper mario the thousand-year door on usb loader gx has a problem that thick black stripes are displayed at the bottom and top of the screen !! on wiiflow and nintendont it is correct i'm using the latest usb loader gx release
And is it possible to refresh the game list / Reload Cache somehow, as it is in Wiiflow?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. is it planned to release another current new version?
In the new year.

2. I have a problem because the game paper mario the thousand-year door on usb loader gx has a problem that thick black stripes are displayed at the bottom and top of the screen !! on wiiflow and nintendont it is correct i'm using the latest usb loader gx release
Make sure your Nintendont settings are correct within USB Loader GX. Video scale should be set to auto and video offset should be 0.

And is it possible to refresh the game list / Reload Cache somehow, as it is in Wiiflow?
Unless you're using game header caching you don't need to manually refresh the cache.

If you are using game header caching then you can reset the cache by going to settings > features > reset game header cache.

Deleted member 547976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In the new year.

Make sure your Nintendont settings are correct within USB Loader GX. Video scale should be set to auto and video offset should be 0.

Unless you're using game header caching you don't need to manually refresh the cache.

If you are using game header caching then you can reset the cache by going to settings > features > reset game header cache.
You helped a lot thanks :)

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question - always used USB Loader GX (@blackb0x version) on a modded Wii but just moved over to running it on a modded WiiU's vWii.

All works great but it looks like if I hide my USB drive from the WiiU using UStealth (to stop the annoying 'format this drive?' nag) then USB Loader GX doesn't seem to like using emulated NAND for saves.

Known issue?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@zfa It's not one that I'm aware of, but I'd assume that it's also an issue with Cyan's older r1271 release? It'd be great if you could try since I don't personally own a WiiU.

Saving to an SD card might work if UStealth prevents HDD emuNAND saves from working.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
@zfa It's not one that I'm aware of, but I'd assume that it's also an issue with Cyan's older r1271 release? It'd be great if you could try since I don't personally own a WiiU.

Saving to an SD card might work if UStealth prevents HDD emuNAND saves from working.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get the old version and check it out. I guess another check I can perform is whether NAND saves work on the original Wii when the drive is hidden. Not that you'd ever need this, but the check would at least then cement that a) what i'm seeing on my vWii is a loader thing not a vWii anomaly; b) it'd be reproducible on both hardware.

Let me have a play.

Reactions: XFlak and blackb0x

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country

OK, results:

1. With a drive set to hidden, (my) emuNAND saves don't work whether USB Loader GX is run on a WiiU's vWii or on the original Wii hardware (so easy to reproduce).

2. The issue exists back in r1271 too, so was probably on omission when the hidden drive stuff was implemented way back in r1216(?).

Hope that helps. And happy what-remains-if-anything-of-your-holidays to everyone!

Reactions: XFlak and blackb0x

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, results:

1. With a drive set to hidden, (my) emuNAND saves don't work whether USB Loader GX is run on a WiiU's vWii or on the original Wii hardware (so easy to reproduce).

2. The issue exists back in r1271 too, so was probably on omission when the hidden drive stuff was implemented way back in r1216(?).

Hope that helps. And happy what-remains-if-anything-of-your-holidays to everyone!
on vwii don't you have to have a cios d2x fix if you plan on using a stealth drive?

Reactions: zfa and XFlak

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, results:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
on vwii don't you have to have a cios d2x fix if you plan on using a stealth drive?
That's my symptom, for sure. Let me try this out.

Thanks for the link, appreciate it. Looks like it may be a quicker fix than I anticipated.

EDIT: Sorry, quick question - I'm just going to use the d2x-cios-installer on my vWii, per most guides. Can I just replace the FAT.app components of its v10\beta52 subdir?

Last edited by zfa,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my symptom, for sure. Let me try this out.

Thanks for the link, appreciate it. Looks like it may be a quicker fix than I anticipated.

EDIT: Sorry, quick question - I'm just going to use the d2x-cios-installer on my vWii, per most guides. Can I just replace the FAT.app components of its v10\beta52 subdir?
i believe so. @XFlak do you agree?

Reactions: zfa and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've not tested it personally, but yes I agree that's all that should be necessary. You could do the same with modmii, just ignoring invalid hash check errors with the resultant wads. The cios tags will not indicate this change though (I E. As reported in syscheck's), at least not without additional changes

Edit: thx for sharing this btw, it was news to me, and I made a note of it to eventually maybe add it to the list of d2x beta options modmii has to choose from

Reactions: fledge68 and zfa

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@blackbox & @Cyan
I have problem with rockband 3 on vwii, i use ios 250(56) as game ios
(ios 249(57) gives me black screen)

I cant enable sd card mode which needed for dlc
IMG_20220102_181240_818.jpgIMG_20220102_181230_352.jpg

Any fix/workaround?

Also my vwii cant detect my hdd if i use default ios 58, if i switch to ios 249(57) it detect my hdd

Strangely if i switch back to ios 58 after switch to 249(57) and restart usbloader it detect my hdd

Last edited by hadi aulia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones