• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It has a y cable. I tried out wiiflow just a little bit ago and it didn't read the USB drive.
If multiple homebrew have issues with the drive, there is either an issue with the drive itself, or with the IOS used to mount it.
if you are using slot249/250, you could try to set the loader's IOS slot to 58 in USBLoaderGX settings and reboot the loader.
But you mentionned that Nintendont is not working either, and that homebrew is already using IOS58.
That's worth a try anyway, let's see the result.

Could you post a syscheck ? just to be sure what IOS and cIOS version you are using.

now Everytime I load my vc I get this error ""neek nand path selection failed"
You want to use Neek ? (just to be sure you don't want it but selected it by mistake)
Most VC works fine without Neek, so you could use "emuNAND FULL" instead.

The error you see is caused by the creation and update of the Neek setting file. that file contains the path to the emuNAND folder to use for neek2o (it can hold up to 8 different path, and they can be switched on the fly while inside neek2o system menu). when auto-launching, it's not required as it correctly launches the path to the selected channel, but it's the path used when exiting the game back to neek system menu and also the path where it's loading the "NK2O" channel from if you use "return to" option.
The first path of the list is used as default for neek2o, so the loader is checking the path exists and sets it as default.
The creation of this file seems to be the issue for you.
Maybe your path is too long (there's a character length limit) or there's a write issue (SD protected? anything preventing writing to this file)

Could you provide the path to your EmuNAND channel set in USBGX settings?
and if possible, the nandcfg.bin file located in /sneek/ folder. (or its content if you know how to open it in hexeditor)

Maybe your emuNAND is on the root of your device? I don't remember if I fixed root path for neek2o.

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You want to use Neek ? (just to be sure you don't want it but selected it by mistake)
Most VC works fine without Neek, so you could use "emuNAND FULL" instead.

The error you see is caused by the creation and update of the Neek setting file. that file contains the path to the emuNAND folder to use for neek2o (it can hold up to 8 different path, and they can be switched on the fly while inside neek2o system menu). when auto-launching, it's not required as it correctly launches the path to the selected channel, but it's the path used when exiting the game back to neek system menu and also the path where it's loading the "NK2O" channel from if you use "return to" option.
The first path of the list is used as default for neek2o, so the loader is checking the path exists and sets it as default.
The creation of this file seems to be the issue for you.
Maybe your path is too long (there's a character length limit) or there's a write issue (SD protected? anything preventing writing to this file)

Could you provide the path to your EmuNAND channel set in USBGX settings?
and if possible, the nandcfg.bin file located in /sneek/ folder. (or its content if you know how to open it in hexeditor)

Maybe your emuNAND is on the root of your device? I don't remember if I fixed root path for neek2o.

My nand emu path : usb 1:/nands/pl_us/

Where do i find the Neek setting file so i can point it back to "usb 1:/nands/pl_us/" ?

Last edited by Amontre,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your path is good.
the neek setting file is located in the neek folder on the same device than your emunand path
sd:/sneek/nandcfg.bin
usb1:/snee/nandcfg.bin <-- should be here

you can check the content of that file in an hexeditor (it's a binary, not a text file), but maybe it's just easier to delete it and let the loader re-create it. keep a copy so you can send it to me in case the issue is that file's content.
the loader has some check in place to delete the file if something is wrong inside, I guess your issue happen even before that content check. maybe it can open it in write mode

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So far, for me, this has been the worst USB Loader since a boot.dol that only has the words 'usb laoder' typed in on Notepad. Why? Because it doesn't even play USB backups on USB! It's pretty cool, and I like the way it's like the Wii menu, but when I load a game on the USB, it just wants me to copy it to the SD, and channel loading always fails. Please help!

Paperfairy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using USB Loader gx to load a Wii game that uses cheats, and a few GCN games that do not. Is there a way to do any of the following?

A) Turn on Ocarina for the Wii game and not the GCN games without having to toggle it upon boot
B) Get USBLGX not to display the "loading game without cheats" error
C) Trick USBLGX/Ocarina with an "empty" cheats file? (Already tested this with an empty file, causes the Wii to 100% turn off)

Thanks!

EDIT: For people in the future with this problem - I didn't realize that "fastboot" skips the options menu for individual games! I feel silly, but problem solved.

Last edited by Paperfairy,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, for me, this has been the worst USB Loader since a boot.dol that only has the words 'usb laoder' typed in on Notepad. Why? Because it doesn't even play USB backups on USB! It's pretty cool, and I like the way it's like the Wii menu, but when I load a game on the USB, it just wants me to copy it to the SD, and channel loading always fails. Please help!

It works fine. Maybe try reading the directions and asking instead of going straight out of the gate in full ass mode.

1. What version of the loader are you using? Revision number is located either in the lower left of the splash screen or top right of the credits.
2. What cIOSes do you have installed? SysCheck will tell you that.
3. What kind of hard drive are you using? Is it self-powered? How is it formatted?

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what I read is "Your program is shit because I don't know the requirements nor how to use it properly".
Thanks for your input, it really makes people want to help you when you criticize someone else work without a constructive message.

Greywolf :
he probably doesn't have a cIOS, or didn't even try Wii games but only gamecube.
he probably installed DIOS MIOS Lite (which work only on SD card) and wonder why he can't play games from USB, instead of installing a gamecube loader compatible with USB. Or he still have the setting set to use MIOS instead of Nintendont. Maybe the loader should read his mind to know which gamecube loader to use?

I am using USB Loader gx to load a Wii game that uses cheats, and a few GCN games that do not. Is there a way to do any of the following?
A) Turn on Ocarina for the Wii game and not the GCN games without having to toggle it upon boot
B) Get USBLGX not to display the "loading game without cheats" error
C) Trick USBLGX/Ocarina with an "empty" cheats file? (Already tested this with an empty file, causes the Wii to 100% turn off)
Thanks!
EDIT: For people in the future with this problem - I didn't realize that "fastboot" skips the options menu for individual games! I feel silly, but problem solved.

A) yes, you can set Ocarina globally for Wii games (though it's not recommended).
Just note that the cheat code option for Wii games are not the same than the one for Gamecube games.

You should do this :
select your Wii game, go to option > game settings > Ocarina : Enable
Save the settings!
now the Ocarina will be enabled for that game only. You don't need to edit that setting every time you launch the game.

It does not affect other wii games eother, as you set it for that individual game only.

B)
Yes. Do not set Ocarina globally (because in that case, lot of games will tell you "you didn't select any cheats for that game!"
instead, set the Ocarina option individually, when you select cheats for a game just think about enabling the Ocarina option for that game (and only for that game) too.

C)
Why use an empty cheat file? just disable the global option.

D)
Ahh, damn, I replied before reading all your message and just read you found the issue yourself :P

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It works fine. Maybe try reading the directions and asking instead of going straight out of the gate in full ass mode.

1. What version of the loader are you using? Revision number is located either in the lower left of the splash screen or top right of the credits.
2. What cIOSes do you have installed? SysCheck will tell you that.
3. What kind of hard drive are you using? Is it self-powered? How is it formatted?

what I read is "Your program is shit because I don't know the requirements nor how to use it properly".
Thanks for your input, it really makes people want to help you when you criticize someone else work without a constructive message.

Greywolf :
he probably doesn't have a cIOS, or didn't even try Wii games but only gamecube.
he probably installed DIOS MIOS Lite (which work only on SD card) and wonder why he can't play games from USB, instead of installing a gamecube loader compatible with USB. Or he still have the setting set to use MIOS instead of Nintendont. Maybe the loader should read his mind to know which gamecube loader to use?

I probably shouldn't have said that so meanly, I actually just really wanted to say something funny about a "usb laoder" and a boot.dol. Sorry. And I don't know how I should say all this, but here it goes.

1. According to USBLGX, the latest version.

2. Here's my SysCheck HDE. I removed the Console ID.

SysCheck v2.3.1 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 93 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 13 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535 Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS239[58] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249[37] (rev 21004 Info: d2x-v4): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0 (I think this is actually plain old IOS249)
IOS250[57] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65280): Stub
BC v6
MIOS v4 (DIOS MIOS 2.10)
Report generated on 06/14/2016.

If your wondering why I have so many cIOS's, its not because i'm a pirate.

3. As you can see, I have DIOS-MIOS V2.10.

4. As far as I know, the drive is just a regular Verbatim 8GB USB, don't think its self powered. When I got it the device wasn't in a box or anything.

5. It's FAT32, I believe.

I know some of this info isn't very... (idk the word)... it doesn't have enough information. If you need more just ask. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) "latest" is not very descriptive.
current (as of this post) latest is "1261 mod01", you have that one? I don't think you do.
r1260 is fine, don't update.

2)
by default, USBLoaders are using the slot249, and your slot249 is very outdated (v4) and using a IOS base which is not a good choice (37 instead of 56 or 57), while your slot250 is very good (v10 and base57).
So, you can either reinstall your slot249 to be v10 beta52 base56, or just switch the loader's settings to use the slot250 instead of 249.
settings>loader settings>Loader's IOS : 249 -> 250, then reboot the loader.

And I'm not wondering anything about cIOS. just that you probably tested many combination, or followed different tutorials.

3)
yes, I see you have DIOS MIOS 2.10, but I don't know if your version of syscheck is making a difference between DM and DML.
But in any case, DM/DML are both outdated and missing features. Nintendont is a better choice to play gamecube games.
Nintendont doesn't need any specific system file (no MIOS to reinstall every time, just IOS58), and works with both SD and USB right away. It works with audio streaming games, it works with wiimote, and many USB controllers.

Nintendont is an external homebrew which can be launched from USBLoaderGX with arguments and settings (such as "run this game, with these settings").
You copy nintendont's boot.dol to your SD:/apps/nintendont/ and tell usbgx that you want to use "nintendont" instead of "MIOS" in the main settings.
It will fix your "copy to SD" message.

Now, if you "really" want to use DIOS MIOS for any reasons (testing that loader, why not), be sure to check what USBLoaderGX detects as installed version by going into the credit window :
Settings>Credit> top left information are the DM/DML detected version.
if it detects DML while you have DM, maybe you have an outdated USBLoaderGX version. (r1180 ?)
A lot of people think "their latest version" is the real latest, but it's usually not.
3.0 (r1180) was released BEFORE usb was even a possibility for gamecube. only DML existed at that time. DM were released few weeks after USBLoaderGX 3.0, so of course it doesn't even know it exists.
so it knows ONLY sd card and tell users to copy games to SD, while using USB as "storage for more ISO".
I think your issue is this : you are using 3.0 r1180 and think it's the latest.
look in my signature and update to r1260

I don't know if googlecode is still serving the files for the internal update, but I guess not if you think 3.0 1180 is the latest just because it doesn't tell you there's a new version.
Googlecode has shutdown. there's no new update hosted there.

4) that's fine.
updating your cIOS in slot249, or using slot250 should fix any incompatibility (if you have any) with your usb device.
At least, it will fix many wii game's issues.
It will not affect gamecube at all, as it uses IOS58.

5) FAT32 is fine.

Reactions: GreyWolf

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, this really helps. I'll try all this, but I am not a "big fan" of Nintendont. And as I said before, I don't think 249 is even d2x. But if setting it to 250 first and if that doesn't help i'll use d2x. Thanks!

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using that tool above ^

After you enable XP compatible mode (4096 byte sectors) on WD Drives you should be able to create a single, 8TB FAT32/64k partition with FAT32 Format GUI, WBM, or Easeus. If it doesn't let you, try converting to GPT and give it another shot.

@element6 - Yes, this worked, kind of, and now I have the WD 8TB My Book formatted to a single partition - FAT32/64k clusters & 4096 byte sectors. Moving some files over to it now and will give it a try next chance I get to see how it works.

Kind of - Let me explain: (**See updated Edit #3 below)
1-Using EaseUS I checked the stock drive info: NTFS / 512bp sector / 4096bp cluster / GPT
2-Using FAT32GUI I tried of course to format to FAT32: Both 32k & 64k failed as expected
3-Used WD Quick Format: This Failed
---I'm on Windows 10, maybe it makes a difference what OS your on when you run it
---I ran it a couple times before formatting, but it never gave me the option for XP Compatible, no options at all
---So I pressed FORMAT DRIVE and it failed
---Now the 8TB drive doesn't show up anymore :(
4-Not being happy I loaded COMPUTER MANAGEMENT to check the drive and it was showing as RAW & Unformatted
5-Loading the drive under EaseUS showed it also as Unformatted but now it's showing as MBR
6-Using EaseUS tried setting it to ACTIVE and formatting as FAT32 with lowest cluster size available 128k: FAILED (More un-happiness)
---Drive did set to ACTIVE though
7-Using EaseUS tried formatting as NTFS 4K: Success
---Drive is now 4096bp sector & 4096pb cluster
---YAY 8TB drive shows just fine now:)
8-EaseUS will not let me format it under FAT32 with less then 128k clusters
9-Using FAT32GUI formatting it to 32k clusters: Gave me only a usable 4TB - Should have been expected
9-Using FAT32GUI formatting it to 64k clusters: Gives me the full 8TB to play with :)
10-Using EaseUS to check the drive info: It's shows as MBR and under properties some weird info I don't claim to understand. See FAT32GUI & EaseUS pictures below (looks like after the format finished FAT32GUI reset to 32k clusters on the selection screen, but I did choose 64k clusters which can be seen if you read through the information in the format window).

WD 8TB Drive Stats - 4_After FAT32 Formatter @ 64k Clusters - Gives full 8TB Usable.png WD 8TB Drive Stats - 5_EaseUS PM shows this information.png

But the drive is working and wbfs files are transferring over, so I guess we'll see what happens...

-

Edit 1: Wii games are loading just fine (NTSC Wii / 8TB WD My Book / 1 Partition / FAT32 with 64k / 4096 byte sectors / USB Loader GX v3.0 r1260). Next to try will be GameCube.

Edit 2: GameCubes are loading just fine through USB Loader GX v3.0 r1260 & Nintendont v3.371. Next will be to try WW & VCs.

Edit 3: I tried a 2nd 8TB WD My Book (my Backup Drive) and just started with the above step #3 and everything worked great without any errors. Maybe trying to format it in the original ways that failed caused some kind of hang up. So without further testing to see what works and what doesn't I'll just use the WD Quick Format program to get the drive changed over from GPT to MBR without all the errors.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: Clutz450

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Wii U. I've had a modded Wii for years. Just a couple of quick questions:

1) Is the newest version of USB Loader GX (r1260) able to boot Wii games from the SD card on vWii? I know Gamecube games are launchable from the SD via Nintendont...

2) Like on my Wii, am I able to set up an emuNAND with all my Wii VC titles on an SD card and use USB Loader GX's NEEK2O support to load them on my vWii?

Thanks.

Last edited by superkrups20056,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's working the same way on Wii and vWii.

It's still usb only for wii games.
to use emuNAND, you need to make a new NAND dump from your vWii (don't use your wii dump).
Neek2o works, but you need the leaked (illegal, so not a lot of available link) vWii version of it. but not all games need neek, you can just use "emuNAND full" with cIOS if you want.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working the same way on Wii and vWii.

It's still usb only for wii games.
to use emuNAND, you need to make a new NAND dump from your vWii (don't use your wii dump).
Neek2o works, but you need the leaked (illegal, so not a lot of available link) vWii version of it. but not all games need neek, you can just use "emuNAND full" with cIOS if you want.

Thanks a lot Cyan. Any plans on supporting SD for Wii games? I think other loaders support it as of now...it would be convenient because your Loadiine project is SD only so we could theoretically store everything on one form of media.

Thanks again for adding NEEK2O support!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
plan, yes.
I don't know when I'll do it though.
Maybe this summer, I'll have some holidays (If I don't spend them watching series and playing games from my backlog).

I still have the HDD detection issue to fix, and also the memory crash (probably a dol size limit issue). I think supporting SD card shouldn't require a lot more code, so it should fit without crashing, but no promise until I test it to see if it works or not.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plan, yes.
I don't know when I'll do it though.
Maybe this summer, I'll have some holidays (If I don't spend them watching series and playing games from my backlog).

I still have the HDD detection issue to fix, and also the memory crash (probably a dol size limit issue). I think supporting SD card shouldn't require a lot more code, so it should fit without crashing, but no promise until I test it to see if it works or not.

Well we all know what's possible in the summers...I think u got NEEK2O support added 2 summers ago? Thanks for your hard work on everything!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, that's right ;)
When I have time to properly review and immerse in the code, anything is possible ! haha

2 years already ? what did I do last summer?
edit: ahh, neek2o was last year. in July.
But my computer crashed in august and I couldn't work on the loader as much as I wanted, I had to reinstall all my tools on my new computer.
I still miss one or two things after a year, but it's fine, I can work on the loader again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👞 Found it :hrth::toot::grog::D:grog::toot::hrth: