Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Any insight on this issue?

USB Loader GX won't launch GC games using Nintendont when I have two partitions on my USB External (2TB FAT32 partition, 2TB WBFS partition). The GC games are all there on my primary FAT32 partition and my paths are configured correctly, but it won't launch them. It always provides the error: "To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main Gamecube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition."

I made a full thread here with all my info, global.cfg, and pictures of everything:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3tb-4tb-5tb-or-6tb-drives-with-vwii-usb-loader-gx-nintendont.429374/

Last edited by element6,

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Fixed it, turns out that I had a .wbfs.tmp file aside the standard .wbfs , I figure that when I attempted to dump/install the game via USBloader GX or CFG and I cancelled the process it didnt erase the temp file.

Reactions: Cyan and Clutz450

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following post pertains to my Wii U's vWii. So I've rearranged my living room which now has my couch sitting farther away from my TV than before. The WiiMote was having a hard time seeing the senor bar until I increased the sensitivity to max and now it is working fine. However, whenever I play a game on my emunand it seems like the sensitivity is still set to the old value and I don't know how to change it. I thought about going into neek2o system menu from the features setting and changing the settings that way but I have way too many games installed in my emunand that it just locks up when I do that. I know USB Loader GX has some other settings that will copy over other settings from real nand to emunand that I think will do what I am asking but I'm not really sure what they will do and I don't want to just randomly mess with things and possibly mess up my emunand. I also have WiiXplorer installed which I can use to copy files over from real nand to emunand if that helps. Thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any insight on this issue?

USB Loader GX won't launch GC games using Nintendont when I have two partitions on my USB External (2TB FAT32 partition, 2TB WBFS partition). The GC games are all there on my primary FAT32 partition and my paths are configured correctly, but it won't launch them. It always provides the error: "To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main Gamecube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition."

I made a full thread here with all my info, global.cfg, and pictures of everything:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3tb-4tb-5tb-or-6tb-drives-with-vwii-usb-loader-gx-nintendont.429374/
so you say your paths are configured correctly yet usbloader gx tells you your Main Gamecube path isn't. are you sure to went to custom paths in usbloader gx settings and set the Main Gamecube Path. well according to your global config file you did.

well the only thing i can think is nintendont just recently got gpt support and maybe usbloader gx hasn't been updated to get nintendont games on gpt and expects them to only be on a MBR FAT32 partition hence why you are getting the error.

Last edited by fledge68,

element6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
so you say your paths are configured correctly yet usbloader gx tells you your Main Gamecube path isn't. are you sure to went to custom paths in usbloader gx settings and set the Main Gamecube Path. well according to your global config file you did.

well the only thing i can think is nintendont just recently got gpt support and maybe usbloader gx hasn't been updated to get nintendont games on gpt and expects them to only be on a MBR FAT32 partition hence why you are getting the error.

That's what I figured was going on. Thanks for the reply!

Hope this gets fixed in an update someday. I'm gonna revert to two separate 2TB drives for the time being

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first primary
you are using a "GPT (data partition)", gamecube needs a "Primary" partition (which is not a GPT, but a MBR type).

USBLoaderGX IS compatible with GPT, but nintendont IS NOT (or WAS not) compatible with GPT.
If nintendont is now compatible with GPT, I will have to allow such partition table in the loader's check.

I will have to check which version added GPT (and exFAT?) to allow that partition type.
The issue will be that exFAT is not compatible with USBLoaderGX and thus I can't list games from such partition format. So users with exFAT won't be able to use USBLoaderGX to launch their games. I recommend using FAT32 anyway for all homebrew needs. There's no gamecube games not fitting on FAT32.

I can only remove the GPT error message.

Edit:
v3.399 has been skipped, so I will add the support starting from v3.400
I see it now also supports extended partition (0x0F but not extended 0x05)

Edit 2:
Very quick fix (UNTESTED):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lznsb2zd7mcpm2d/USBLoaderGX_r1261Mod01.7z
I removed the error message if using 3.400 or newer.

I also moved the usb detection past the version detection (it shouldn't create issues).
3.400 should now work with MBR, GPT and EBR. (also with "unknown" table type, like wiiU hdd, I hope nobody will wonder why it doesn't work while they don't have an error message, just a little common sense please)
I don't know if EBR (Extended/logical will work, I didn't work on that support at all. Maybe it will work, maybe not)
I think it will work as long as you have the correct EBR type (0x0F; not 0x05).

Please, report is this 1261_mod01 works fine with nintendont+GPT, and I'll add it in my signature.

users with 0x05 can ask me if they want to test the EBR version detection, I added it in mod2.

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i'm running my VC on emunand and want to try using ocarina. I downloaded the cheat via usbloadergx and created the gct. When i load the VC i get this error "Ocarina is not supported with neek2o yet. Launch game anyway?".

Is there a work around this so i can use ocarina cheat ?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i'm running my VC on emunand and want to try using ocarina. I downloaded the cheat via usbloadergx and created the gct. When i load the VC i get this error "Ocarina is not supported with neek2o yet. Launch game anyway?".

Is there a work around this so i can use ocarina cheat ?
Unfortunately ocarina is not supported with EmuNAND in USB Loader GX just yet (not sure when/if this feature will ever be implemented but you can check with Cyan) right now all you can do is run the game from real NAND then you can use ocarina codes all you want.

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sounds like you are launching the game using neek2o. Try changing the setting to emunand and see if it works.

I tried, the VC game (Genesis's Shining Darkness) won't load if i change to emunand, tried both full and partial. It only work if i select Neek.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately ocarina is not supported with EmuNAND in USB Loader GX just yet (not sure when/if this feature will ever be implemented but you can check with Cyan) right now all you can do is run the game from real NAND then you can use ocarina codes all you want.

Not true. I've used EmuNAND to play VC NES Ninja Gaiden and I was able to use Ocarina cheats. However I had to go into the main loader settings and change channel loading from "Main Dol" to "Boot Content" (or something like that and I may have it backwards too). But whatever it was, once I switched it the cheats worked.

I tried, the VC game (Genesis's Shining Darkness) won't load if i change to emunand, tried both full and partial. It only work if i select Neek.

Maybe that's one of those games that will only work under neek2o. I think I have that on my EmuNAND. I'm at work right now and won't be home until real late. But I can give it a try and see if I can get it to load. I'll let you know.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not true. I've used EmuNAND to play VC NES Ninja Gaiden and I was able to use Ocarina cheats. However I had to go into the main loader settings and change channel loading from "Main Dol" to "Boot Content" (or something like that and I may have it backwards too). But whatever it was, once I switched it the cheats worked.
That's interesting, maybe support was implemented recently (I haven't checked this thread for a while now and I don't know what I'm missing) because Cyan told me before that ocarina codes aren't implemented with EmuNAND in USB Loader GX just yet and that he had plans for it in the future, this was long before NEEK2o was implemented.

Btw I too played Ninja Gaiden a few days ago, I been meaning to visit this trilogy some time and I finally did, man is it difficult but I used save states to get past it, beat all three games on SNES!

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw I too played Ninja Gaiden a few days ago, I been meaning to visit this trilogy some time and I finally did, man is it difficult but I used
Yeah, it's really hard. A long time ago I tried beating the first one with save states (and I used them a lot) and still couldn't get past the last boss. But using the ocarina cheats for no damage I finally beat all three. Although since there was no challenge at that point it kinda felt unfulfilled.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's really hard. A long time ago I tried beating the first one with save states (and I used them a lot) and still couldn't get past the last boss. But using the ocarina cheats for no damage I finally beat all three. Although since there was no challenge at that point it kinda felt unfulfilled.
I prefer using save states if I had to because it feels more fulfilling than using cheat codes... Of course, sometimes cheat codes are a must =p

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It wasn't included recently.
I guess the "channel launch mode" affects some patches.
ocarina might work if you use the other settings (in the main settings>loader settings>channel launch mode : boot/normal)

or maybe it works only for some games.

Neek and neek2o are compatible with cheats, but you need additional files. (kenobiwii.bin in sneek folder) and place the cheat gct in a specific folder, and probably enable some settings in the neek hidden menu.
I didn't look how to use cheats in neek or neek2o, so I didn't add this feature in the loader yet. it might require more work than just copying a file in a folder (like editing neek settings from the loader before launching the game, instead of accessing the neek settings from the hidden menu). to do that, it will require writing a neek2o setting editor.
I had issue on latest release due to size limit and I can't add a lot of new functions :(
I had hope that Dimok helped me fix this issue, but he didn't code for the wii for a long time, he may have other things to do now.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried that game using EmuNAND and it loaded up right away for me. So I'm not really sure what your issue could be. Have you done any more troubleshooting or made any more progress on this issue?

Edit: It case this helps, I have Nand Saves Emulation set to OFF and Nand Chan. Emulation set to Full. Also, I tested it on a vWii with d2x v10beta-vWii base56.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just tried that game using EmuNAND and it loaded up right away for me. So I'm not really sure what your issue could be. Have you done any more troubleshooting or made any more progress on this issue?

Edit: It case this helps, I have Nand Saves Emulation set to OFF and Nand Chan. Emulation set to Full. Also, I tested it on a vWii with d2x v10beta-vWii base56.

I tried similar setting but it still won't load. Maybe there's something wrong with my setup. Here:

sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priilaoder installed
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS0
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 43167936
Boot2 v2
Found 171 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 2 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 518): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS200 (rev 21003): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[75] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2016/06/07.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your setup is fine.
in fact, only one line is important in all the report : the cIOS slot used by the loader.
usually, it's using the slot249, but it can be edited in the loader settings. check it's using 249 for both global and individual settings. your 250 is fine too and will have better compatibility. if I had to choose, I would pick 250 instead of 249.

You have d2x v10 base56; so it should work.
Maybe the issue is the video mode? I know some VC have issues with the video settings (mainly neogeo games). I don't think genesis had issues, but you could try to force PAL or NTSC interlace (one of the old resolution used for old consoles is often 240p, but there's no option for that in the loader, 480i is the same)

The emuNAND should be on FULL (partial is only for Wii games disc. I still haven't removed that option for the channels)

Rycamp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I'm new to Loadiine and there's a problem that's really annoying me:

Some games misses their block icons on the Loadiine GX Menu, and Auto download doesn't work. How to proceed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.