• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't get the "Force 480p" to work on Wii games.
I've just tried on Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou (which doesn't officialy support progressive scan) and it runs the game on 480i.
I can force the progressive scan setting on this game using Wiiflow.
Using r1200.
Did previous revision worked fine ?
I changed the video mode settings in r1200, can you confirm that it's working fine in r1198 and in r1191? (that's both revision which had some changes). (links should be on previous pages)
Thank you.

hvy109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created a patch to fix a bug which has been present since r1128 (added autocomplete if only one search character is available and more than one
match).
The problem is autocomplete is done even when the end of a game name was reached, which involves removing the game from the list.

Example (without fix):
I want to search games that contain "Mario Galaxy" (I have Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2)
I select 'M' character, 'A', 'R',..., and finally 'G'. Then, the autocomplete starts.
When the game filter is "Mario Galaxy", the only character that can be selected is ' ' (space) and there are two games (SMG & SMG2), the autocomplete continues.
Now, the game filter is "Mario Galaxy " (with a space), SMG is deleted and the autocomplete stops.
The only game that appears is SMG2. I would have to go back once to see both games.

Patch:
Code:
Index: source/GUI/gui_searchbar.cpp
===================================================================
--- source/GUI/gui_searchbar.cpp (revisión: 1200)
+++ source/GUI/gui_searchbar.cpp (copia de trabajo)
@@ -177,6 +177,8 @@

void GuiSearchBar::FilterList(std::vector &List, wString &GameFilter)
{
+ bool endOfGameName = false;  // endOfGameName is disabled by default
+
SearchChars.clear();

for (u32 i = 0; i < List.size(); ++i)
@@ -201,12 +203,14 @@
continue;
}

-   if (   wcslen(gameName) > GameFilter.size()
+   if (wcslen(gameName) > GameFilter.size()
&& SearchChars.find(towupper(gameName[GameFilter.size()])) == SearchChars.end()
&& SearchChars.find(towlower(gameName[GameFilter.size()])) == SearchChars.end())
{
SearchChars.insert(gameName[GameFilter.size()]);
}
+   else if (wcslen(gameName) == GameFilter.size())  // The end of the game name was reached
+	endOfGameName = true;
}
else if(Settings.SearchMode == SEARCH_CONTENT)
{
@@ -227,6 +231,8 @@
wchar_t ch = towupper(*found);
if(ch)
SearchChars.insert(ch);
+	 else	   // The end of the game name was reached
+	  endOfGameName = true;
}
}
else
@@ -247,7 +253,7 @@
SearchChars.clear();

// If the last character was not backslash try autocomplete
- if(SearchChars.size() == 1 && GameFilter.size() > 0 && lastSearchChar != 8)
+ if(SearchChars.size() == 1 && GameFilter.size() > 0 && lastSearchChar != 8 && !endOfGameName)
{
GameFilter += *SearchChars.begin();
FilterList(List, GameFilter);
https://dl.dropbox.c...ocomplete.patch

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't get the "Force 480p" to work on Wii games.
I've just tried on Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou (which doesn't officialy support progressive scan) and it runs the game on 480i.
I can force the progressive scan setting on this game using Wiiflow.
Using r1200.
Did previous revision worked fine ?
I changed the video mode settings in r1200, can you confirm that it's working fine in r1198 and in r1191? (that's both revision which had some changes). (links should be on previous pages)
Thank you.

Hm strange thought that worked, I'll try again.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone link me to the lastest version of USB Loader GX please ? Having trouble finding it lol. Believe the latest is v1200?

Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't Know if is an issue with DM 2.2 or
c204.gif
USB loader GX but Baldur's gate Dark Alliance works with DM 2.0 but no longer works with DM 2.2

EDIT: my mistake, after tyiing the latest USB loare GX (1200) is working again.

nacho2226

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi, I'm using ULoader at the moment with an external USB DVD drive. I was wondering, if I update the cios to the d2x, could I use USBLoader GX with the external DVD drive? I really can't afford a HDD at the moment, so I'd be very grateful for your response.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm using ULoader at the moment with an external USB DVD drive. I was wondering, if I update the cios to the d2x, could I use USBLoader GX with the external DVD drive? I really can't afford a HDD at the moment, so I'd be very grateful for your response.

Don't know about the GX question but, if you have a spare internal HDD, you can buy an internal-to-external case and voila, new external USB HDD for really cheap (if you have a spare HDD).

nacho2226

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Thanks for the response! I was just checking, because the wiki said that it was compatible but in the google code page the feature was nowhere to be seen. So no Metroid trilogy and DIOS MIOS for me, yet.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the response! I was just checking, because the wiki said that it was compatible but in the google code page the feature was nowhere to be seen. So no Metroid trilogy and DIOS MIOS for me, yet.
Yeah, I saw that on the Wiki, too, but I would have no idea how you'd go about using it. I think even if it did work at one point it would have been only through cIOS 222.

If you still DO want a USB-DVD support, I'd install uLoader. It's a little old and ONLY uses Hermes cIOS's (222,223 and 224) which you can get through ModMii but as long as you have the DVD drive connected when you start the app it will read from it. Hermes cIOS's aren't as compatible as d2x but for USB-DVD it's the only way.

When you get the cIOS's from ModMii, make sure you download v5 or under for 222 and 223 since v5.1R isn't compatible with uLoader (224 actually isn't compatible with USB-DVD in any version but still uLoader can't even use it for HDD loading if it's v5.1R). Also, if HBC is set to look at the SD card it'll be fine but sometimes when there's an external DVD drive in and HBC hangs if it tries to read from USB. When in doubt, install a forwarder channel.

NOTE : For Metroid Prime Trilogy, you will have to use alternate DOL loading, I believe.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm using ULoader at the moment with an external USB DVD drive.
If you still DO want a USB-DVD support, I'd install uLoader. It's a little old and ONLY uses Hermes cIOS's (222,223 and 224) which you can get through ModMii but as long as you have the DVD drive connected when you start the app it will read from it. Hermes cIOS's aren't as compatible as d2x but for USB-DVD it's the only way.
LOL...Dejavu...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The next GX beta will have an internal banner download feature (along the cover download) for GameCube games only.
The default URL is the place where Abz put his banners as this is (in my knowledge) the place with the most available banners.

What is the "weird symbol" anyway?
You talk about the game logo?

You can also create your own banners.
There are tutorials from SifJar in the Wii FAQ section of this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo