• Views 7,169,348
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks dimok, i'll redo the system menu, it's wierd cause i am using the dark blue csm from mod mii. but will play with them an see whats going on.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GX nowadays is the most compatible en feature rich loader.
It had full banner support, Nand emulation, DML etc, etc.

Does this NAND emulation make Tintin work or do I still have to use Sneek for some games?

Nope the NAND emulation, enables saves, chanels etc. Sneek is the only way to play Tintin from a loader

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GX nowadays is the most compatible en feature rich loader.
It had full banner support, Nand emulation, DML etc, etc.

Does this NAND emulation make Tintin work or do I still have to use Sneek for some games?

Nope the NAND emulation, enables saves, chanels etc. Sneek is the only way to play Tintin from a loader

yup, saves/ channels.

Games and channels are loaded through cios, opposed to sneek.
So compatibilty is also a direct result to the used cios.
sneek does'nt use a cios.

I still dream of an "on the fly" patching of official ios to cios, to have 100% compatibilty.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

OK, thanks. I'm due to have a go at getting Sneek working on my Mum's Wii today, so just wanted to check I wasn't giving myself unnecessary work ;)

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
i have seen this before but what is it and should i be using it

emulation nand mode on usb loader gx

Two things you can do with it...

Firstly you can use an emulates NAND so that your saved games are written to disc instead of to your Wii's memory - this allows many more saved games to be stored at the same time and does away with you ever having to move game data to and from SD cards, say.

Secondly you can set GX so that it will play Wiiware/VC stored on your emulated NAND (the games just appear alongside your WBFS games) - this removes the need for a separate channel launcher like postloader, Mighty Channels etc.

Both features are well worth using if you ask me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For that, you need either:
- a custom made banner animation (Fix94 And AbdallahTerro are doing some, you can ask for specific games).
or
- A new banner which would dynamically load a png from the SD/USB named with the GameID6. It would display that picture instead of the internal game's logo.
Again, you would need a maintained database with all game's Title screen, or you'll have to search a picture by yourself for each game.

We will add the first option. You will have to enable "Banner Cache" option, and then place the GameID6.bnr files to the cache folder. It will load the custom banners instead of showing the default one.

I don't know if the second option can be made easily.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sneek is a way to boot and use the Wii by redirecting all Internal read/write Access into a Emulated NAND.

To achieve that, you copy the full NAND of your Wii (or create a new one) into your SD or USB, and the Wii will use your SD or USB copy of your NAND as if it was the Internal Memory of the Console.

The advantage is that you are not limited to 512MB anymore, and you have a lot more (virtually unlimited) spaces to install and store WiiWare, Virtual Console, Save games, etc.

Sneek runs everything on official IOS (no cIOS needed), as if it was the real Wii. You don't use USBloaders or Disc launchers to play games, they are already on an external storage device which act as a real Wii.

Tintin game is working only with an Original game (retail disc) or on Sneek (Emulated disc).

for more information on Sneek, you should search Sneek topic on the forum.

Reactions: 1 person

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is a great loader.
I think he need a auto ios detection like cfg mod or a ios base info when is select a game.
This way we can switch cios for each game cfg have that.
Like Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_3 he needs ios base 57.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch