• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Between 1110 and 1111, I added an option to display/hide the play count in the GUI (so it's not what made Cod working
tongue.gif
), and Dimok fixed the HookType/ocarina setting reading when launching a game.
He made the hooktype a per-game setting in r1110, he forgot some settings in the process. it should all be fine now.
So I guess it was related to the hooktype if CoD is working.

to resume:
1108 : added different hooktype and re-enabled WiiRd debugger.
1109 : no change/language update only.
1110 : per game hooktype.
1111 : fixed hooktype choice reading.

About Driver not working on r1111, it's strange, I thought Dimok compiled it with PPCr21 to be sure that Driver will work.
Maybe he didn't.
If you can compile the sources yourself, you can try to compile with PPCr21 and LibOGC linked above to see if it fixes Driver.

Driver may contain an AntiPiracy checking which is on latest libogc, if that's the case it will certainly be possible to bypass this check so we can compile it with any ppc/libogc revision. we just need someone who know what's different between these libogc revisions.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
About Driver not working on r1111, it's strange, I thought Dimok compiled it with PPCr21 to be sure that Driver will work.
Maybe he didn't.
If you can compile the sources yourself, you can try to compile with PPCr21 and LibOGC linked above to see if it fixes Driver.

Driver may contain an AntiPiracy checking which is on latest libogc, if that's the case it will certainly be possible to bypass this check so we can compile it with any ppc/libogc revision. we just need someone who know what's different between these libogc revisions.
Strange indeed, i always thought that once a game has been started, its all about the cIOS and the loader plays no role anymore. So how is it possible then that compiling the loader with a different libogc or devkitPPC can influence a game after booting it.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing DJ Hero2 thru the disc channel and it freeze once it hits a 100% install. I have to reboot Wii or it will not work. Then I try playing game and it keeps rebooting my Wii. I checked the game while is was connected to my computer and it has tmp on the end of the file name. Is anybody else having this problem. I am using a original disc. I have Usb loader gx v2.2 , rev1100. I am on 4.3U and modded Wii recently to d2x cIOS to v6 using Modmii. I have 2 WD 1TB drives 1 is formatted to Fat32 and that is the one that will not copy the game. I tried installing game on the drive that is formatted to wbfs and the game installs fine and works.

update:

It works, just takes a long pause when it gets to a 100% before it is completed. I am use to wbfs partition everything loads faster than the fat32 partition.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just updated because of Driver..
My issue USBLoader is when showing as a list, there is no text name of the games. It says new and I have downloaded the covers, Driver now works (yipee) but there are no names.
I know it would be something very simple.
Regards

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you had a very old version.
GX is now using a different format for WiiTDB (full database instead of just the games you own).

Try redownloading it from settings>page3>download>WiiTDB.

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing any backup, after about 45-60 minutes of gameplay, my Wii just shuts off. No light are on or anything. I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting this... Any ideas?

I'm using a 500GB Toshiba USB HDD. I can provide any further details upon request.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well thats not a loader issue, more likely your wii. Is the fan running in your wii and if so is the airway clear or clogged with dust, sounds like your wii is overheating and shutting down.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After a shutdown, if you press power it works and switch ON again?

I had the Auto-Switch-OFF problem once and thought the wii was bricked, but it's a power adapter problem.
If you have the same problem and can't power the wii anymore after it switch off, disconnect both side of the power adapter (wall and console) for few hours and then it will work again.

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well thats not a loader issue, more likely your wii. Is the fan running in your wii and if so is the airway clear or clogged with dust, sounds like your wii is overheating and shutting down.

The fans are perfectly clean. I didn't know where else to post this. It only happens while playing backups I put it in the Noob thread, but that thing hasn't seen any responses in a few days...

Cyan said:
After a shutdown, if you press power it works and switch ON again?

I had the Auto-Switch-OFF problem once and thought the wii was bricked, but it's a power adapter problem.
If you have the same problem and can't power the wii anymore after it switch off, disconnect both side of the power adapter (wall and console) for few hours and then it will work again.

After it shuts down, I have to unplug the power cord and plug it back in before it works again. So I just have to unplug the cord every hour to get it to to work? Will I new power cord fix the issue?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
harry_merkin said:
After it shuts down, I have to unplug the power cord and plug it back in before it works again. So I just have to unplug the cord every hour to get it to to work? Will I new power cord fix the issue?
You don't need to do it every hours.
"IF" it the same problem I had, just unlug it from both side for few hours (like 4-5 hours unconnected), then it will work again like new.
It seems there's a memory in the adapter and it needs to be reset.

If after unluggin for that long you still have shutdown problem, then it might be heat related. verify that your internal Fan is working, and is not full of dusts.

QUOTE(Andre4yo @ Sep 13 2011, 09:30 PM) Hi, can anyone help me with that problem?
My usb Loader d-pad scrolling doesn't work on the games menu..so i can't scroll the games by the d-pad...
It's a known problem.
It's caused by LibWiiGui which doesn't have a focus feature.

So when you use the dPAD to scroll down the games, it also scroll down the button selection (setting/homebrew/exit/home/TitleID/ etc.), and when you press A it select the buttons first before the item list.
One solution is to move down 4-5 game bellow the one you want to launch, then press UP up to the game, the cursor will then be back to "game list" item instead of the button items.

Until Dimok rewrite the Libwiigui to add focus, or change the way the Gamelisting focus is working on the Loader you should use the pointer only.

opium2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hiya fellas, I recently decided to fire up my wii for the first time in about 2 years and try my hand at making a theme using Grhum909's theme creator
If any of you have a hacked PS3 you might have seen me around but I really haven't touched anything to do with the Wii in quite some time
rolleyes.gif

Here's my first attempt:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cu8Ps0snxI[/youtube]

Pretty basic and mostly just a color change to try and get my feet wet so to speak.
You can download it from the theme downloader inside usb loader gx or from here: http://wii.spiffy360.com/theme/692
It does come with the audio used in the above video and is titled bg_music.ogg in the themes folder.
The theme is part of a series so there are also versions for a few other wii homebrew programs (as well as some ps3 and xbox 1 homebrew)

Depending on my free time and boredom levels I'll probably make a few more at some point

Within

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ill prolly get flamed for this question, cause its been asked a million times, but i havent found any answer for my dumb brain:

I have a nearly full external seagate hdd, formatted as NTFS. I googled around and many people said i could use the hdd as it is when i convert the game iso to wbfs. So i used the Wii Backup Manager, converted the game and made a new folder in the HDD Root. As expected the Loader cannot find a wbfs partition and does nothing. All the software i use is the newest, only the cios is a bit older. Rev19? 249? Dunno last time i played the metroid prime collection and havent touched anything since then.
So what is the step i am missing. A way to make a folder "wbfs" or is it something completely different? Making a wbfs partition within the HDD would be a horrible act cause i got no spare HDD nor enough space anywhere.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been using this loader since the beginning and finally got around to updating all of my iOS and apps. I have always had an issue with my Seagate not initializing and it would require a power cycle at the sys menu before loading any apps located on the HD. One of the recent updates on this loader figured out how to initialize the hardware so it NEVER requires a reboot now. This is TOTALLY AWESOME!

However, nothing else has picked up on this trick. Is it documented somewhere? Is there a way that I can get forwarder channels to initialize the HD first? Apps? HBC? Nothing else seems to have this ability so I still have to use an SD to load almost everything. It beats walking downstairs to power cycle the drive before running every app but it seems like the solution is out there but the initialization code has not yet been added to all the other apps code. Is this possible? Any of the developers want to give me a little direction?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Within said:
Ill prolly get flamed for this question, cause its been asked a million times, but i havent found any answer for my dumb brain:

I have a nearly full external seagate hdd, formatted as NTFS. I googled around and many people said i could use the hdd as it is when i convert the game iso to wbfs. So i used the Wii Backup Manager, converted the game and made a new folder in the HDD Root. As expected the Loader cannot find a wbfs partition and does nothing. All the software i use is the newest, only the cios is a bit older. Rev19? 249? Dunno last time i played the metroid prime collection and havent touched anything since then.
So what is the step i am missing. A way to make a folder "wbfs" or is it something completely different? Making a wbfs partition within the HDD would be a horrible act cause i got no spare HDD nor enough space anywhere.

On the root have a folder called wbfs, put your game folder in this (wii backup manager should do this for you!)
It may be your HDD not compatible, try updating your cios.s to d2x v6 base 56 (249) and base 57 (250) also try running the loader on hermes 222 (if you have it installed)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about some of the options; Sorry if some of these have been asked.
What is Sneek Video Patch used for?
What is the purpose of Quick Boot?
Return To displays 554c4e52; What does this mean?
When should I enable the Multiple Partitions under options?
What is the purpose of Sync FAT32 FS Info?

Thanks in advance for this info.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know the technical detail.
I only know that it's the video patch used for imported games in Sneek.
As it's using a different method to patch the video mode, it's also included in usbloaders (and some games require it).

I'm sorry, I don't know more informations and I don't remember which games needed it. Other users may help you.

When quick boot is disabled : Click on a game list or game cover and it will open a new menu with the spinning disc, and an option to set individual game settings. It also play the banner's sound of that game.
When Quick Boot is enabled : Click on a game and that game is automatically launched. You don't have the additional "click again on the spinning disc to launch me" to do. it's quicker, but you can't access game setting.

This is the Hexadecimal code for "ULNR".
ULNR is the TitleID of the USBLoaderGX installed channel.
UNEO is the TitleID of the USBLoaderGX Forwarder channel.

USBLoaderGX need AHBPROT flags enabled to access the title's names of the installed channels.
If you run the loader from the HBC 1.0.7+ with in the meta.xml, or if you use the newer forwarder/channel, then you have AHBPROT set, and you would see "ULNR" instead of "554c4e52". (or UNEO instead of "55e5454f" if set to the forwarder)

Both values are fine, they are both referring to the same channel (either by the name in ACII, or the titleID in hexadecimal).

Do it when you want.

This option works only with Hermes cIOSes.
If you have a HDD with multiple partitions (WBFS/FAT32/NTFS) etc. and you are out of space in one, you would like to store the games in the other partition.
Though, they are listed one at a time, you would have to go to the setting to choose which partition you want to use.
It would be much easier if you can list games from all your partition at the same time! that's what this option is used for.

There is also an option to show both USB, it's used to load two HDD at the same time and list all the games from both HDDs.
You also need to set "show multiple partition" to enable, or else it will still list only one at a time, even if both HDD are loaded.

When setting multiple partition listing, the selected partition in the settings is used to install/dump new games.

[Note: Technically, this is not how it's really working but it's good enough to understand what this option is used for]
When writing to a FAT32 partition, Windows is updating the files informations automatically in the TOC (location, size, remaining size on disk, etc.)
But it wasn't the case with the first FAT32 library used on the Wii, only the filename and location on the disk were stored while using old homebrew applications writing to disk.
So if you wanted to display the used/remaining size in USBloaderGX, it needed a very long time to calculate it by scanning the full drive instead of using the informations provided by the HDD's TOC.

Then, Dimok corrected the Library to also write and update the correct free space every time a file is written to a FAT32 HDD, so it will list the file content almost instantly.

But to allow previous HDD with missing informations to be loaded fast too, he created that option which synchronize (update) the file's informations.
You need to do it only one time, except if you are still using old versions of homebrew (emulators, wiixplorer, etc.) which used old library to write to FAT32,.
If you experience slow down on load with "show free space" option enabled, then you may need to resynchronize the drive's data again.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I don't know the technical detail.
I only know that it's the video patch used for imported games in Sneek.
As it's using a different method to patch the video mode, it's also included in usbloaders (and some games require it).

I'm sorry, I don't know more informations and I don't remember which games needed it. Other users may help you.

When quick boot is disabled : Click on a game list or game cover and it will open a new menu with the spinning disc, and an option to set individual game settings. It also play the banner's sound of that game.
When Quick Boot is enabled : Click on a game and that game is automatically launched. You don't have the additional "click again on the spinning disc to launch me" to do. it's quicker, but you can't access game setting.

This is the Hexadecimal code for "ULNR".
ULNR is the TitleID of the USBLoaderGX installed channel.
UNEO is the TitleID of the USBLoaderGX Forwarder channel.

USBLoaderGX need AHBPROT flags enabled to access the title's names of the installed channels.
If you run the loader from the HBC 1.0.7+ with in the meta.xml, or if you use the newer forwarder/channel, then you have AHBPROT set, and you would see "ULNR" instead of "554c4e52". (or UNEO instead of "55e5454f" if set to the forwarder)

Both values are fine, they are both referring to the same channel (either by the name in ACII, or the titleID in hexadecimal).

Do it when you want.

This option works only with Hermes cIOSes.
If you have a HDD with multiple partitions (WBFS/FAT32/NTFS) etc. and you are out of space in one, you would like to store the games in the other partition.
Though, they are listed one at a time, you would have to go to the setting to choose which partition you want to use.
It would be much easier if you can list games from all your partition at the same time! that's what this option is used for.

There is also an option to show both USB, it's used to load two HDD at the same time and list all the games from both HDDs.
You also need to set "show multiple partition" to enable, or else it will still list only one at a time, even if both HDD are loaded.

When setting multiple partition listing, the selected partition in the settings is used to install/dump new games.

[Note: Technically, this is not how it's really working but it's good enough to understand what this option is used for]
When writing to a FAT32 partition, Windows is updating the files informations automatically in the TOC (location, size, remaining size on disk, etc.)
But it wasn't the case with the first FAT32 library used on the Wii, only the filename and location on the disk were stored while using old homebrew applications writing to disk.
So if you wanted to display the used/remaining size in USBloaderGX, it needed a very long time to calculate it by scanning the full drive instead of using the informations provided by the HDD's TOC.

Then, Dimok corrected the Library to also write and update the correct free space every time a file is written to a FAT32 HDD, so it will list the file content almost instantly.

But to allow previous HDD with missing informations to be loaded fast too, he created that option which synchronize (update) the file's informations.
You need to do it only one time, except if you are still using old versions of homebrew (emulators, wiixplorer, etc.) which used old library to write to FAT32,.
If you experience slow down on load with "show free space" option enabled, then you may need to resynchronize the drive's data again.
Thanks Cyan for the info; so are you like a guru when it comes to Wii homebrew? LoL oh course you are
smile.gif
You know with all the latest improvement with all 3 main usb loaders it's hard to determine which one is better suited for each individual. Thanks again guys
tongue.gif

This partial nand emu.... This is definitely a winning feature for me. Thank you devs.

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't load a PAL game through USB loader at all :/ . All I get is a black screen when forcing NTSC for the video mode. Everyone just says to choose the force option and it would work perfectly, but nothing is working for me. And if I do get the game to play, it's just a black and white flickering scree. I would really appreciate some help on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff