• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can, we would prefer you test the latest beta (r1084), so we know if the bug is still there or already fixed.
download the file, and place boot.dol in your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it didn't work yet.
Thank you
smile.gif

I'll tell Dimok about it.

satanishere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
If you can, we would prefer you test the latest beta (r1084), so we know if the bug is still there or already fixed.
download the file, and place boot.dol in your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

in the credits screen all i see is v2.1 IOS249 v21004, here is a screenshot of the code dump.

4uurm1.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks.
I can't debug it myself, I don't have the boot.elf (only the boot.dol) corresponding to the version you are using.
boot.elf is needed to trace back the error with the code dump report.

Maybe dimok kept it.

If you could try again with r1084 http://www.mediafire.com/?5qta35b1acg87ts that would help, we have the boot.elf for that one
wink.gif

r1085 will be released soon.
We added game filtering by user's defined categories. (RPG, racing, etc.)

satanishere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Thanks.
I can't debug it myself, I don't have the boot.elf (only the boot.dol) corresponding to the version you are using.
boot.elf is needed to trace back the error with the code dump report.

Maybe dimok kept it.

If you could try again with r1084 http://www.mediafire.com/?5qta35b1acg87ts that would help, we have the boot.elf for that one
wink.gif

r1085 will be released soon.
We added game filtering by user's defined categories. (RPG, racing, etc.)

thanks cyan, I just tested it on r1084 and got a code dump, here is a pic of the dump.

2jchd6p.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks.

It seems related to the devkit arm compiler, and the text drawing engine.
I'll report this to Dimok, I'll try to debug it (if I can reproduce the bug).

Note for users :
r1085 is released.

new features :
- Category filtering : You can set categories to each games, and filter the categories to show.
- cIOS reload block : enable this and use cIOS d2x v6 beta1+ to play games with reloading dols (Metroid prime trilogy, CSI, Sam & max, etc.). No need to use the alternative dols anymore
biggrin.gif
Press B when asked to select a dol to launch the game.
- Fixed wip patching (New super Mario Bros didn't work with latest revisions)
- Fixed Anti piracy detection for We Dare (Thanks to Oggzee).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
CSI fatal conspiracy confirmed NOT working with latest beta, d2x beta 6, block ios reload enabled.

Does GX have this code:
// Fix for Sam & Max
*(vu32*)0x80003184 = 0x80000000; // Game ID Address

I bet not, because it breaks some old cIOS from Waninkoko (8,15,16 and maybe others too) and the most recent Hermes.

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
CSI fatal conspiracy confirmed NOT working with latest beta, d2x beta 6, block ios reload enabled.

Does GX have this code:
// Fix for Sam & Max

I bet not, because it breaks some old cIOS from Waninkoko (8,15,16 and maybe others too) and the most recent Hermes.

Actually it does, but it's hard-coded to only put it in for Sam & Max Season 1 (game ID R3XP6V or R3XE6U).

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:

Does GX have this code:
// Fix for Sam & Max

doncaruana is right.

Is that needed for that game or why do you ask?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it is. And it is stupid to white list this code, since it's just copying the disc channel's behaviour. If you need a switch for this code, black list it, don't use it for broken cIOS!

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Yes it is. And it is stupid to white list this code, since it's just copying the disc channel's behaviour. If you need a switch for this code, black list it, don't use it for broken cIOS!
I don't know who or when this was added but that must be quite some time ago. I didn't even know it was there before. It is not in place where the other game patches are in the code.
Stupid is that it is called "Fix for Sam & Max" when it's needed for other games as well.

What cIOS versions exactly don't like this? Something like Hermes v5.1 and Waninkoko < R17 or 18?

EDIT:
Did you actually mean it is needed for CSI fatal conspiracy because that's what i was asking in the last comment?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I added this to NeoGamma's code when i found out that this was required to get Sam & Max to work from disc with cioscorp/patched to use IOS249 discs. And that is why i called it Sam & Max fix, while it should be just next to all the other stuff that's written into the memory, without any comment.

This was years ago, and none of the other devs was really listening to me, because "meh our precious cIOS rev15 and 16 return 001 errors with it". While those cIOS are actually broken, because they produce 001 error if this is activated. This is also the reason why a cioscorp with rev15 or 16 as base doesn't work(001 error on half games).

It's highly likely that the CSI games also require this code, because those games are IOS Reloading games that reload their main.dol. While most IOS Reloading games load other .dols.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I added this to NeoGamma's code when i found out that this was required to get Sam & Max to work from disc with cioscorp/patched to use IOS249 discs. And that is why i called it Sam & Max fix, while it should be just next to all the other stuff that's written into the memory, without any comment.

This was years ago, and none of the other devs was really listening to me, because "meh our precious cIOS rev15 and 16 return 001 errors with it". While those cIOS are actually broken, because they produce 001 error if this is activated. This is also the reason why a cioscorp with rev15 or 16 as base doesn't work(001 error on half games).

It's highly likely that the CSI games also require this code, because those games are IOS Reloading games that reload their main.dol. While most IOS Reloading games load other .dols.
Ok thanks for clearing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same