• Thread starter cyrex
  • Start date
  • Views 7,184,911
  • Replies 29,368
  • Likes 48

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
About every 2nd time I start GX now (using 2.0) I get the message "No WBFS or FAT/NTFS/EXT partition found".

Choosing "Select" shows up nothing. If I unplug my USB drive then plug it back in and restart GX, it finds it and works fine.

This never happened at all, ever, before upgrading to 2.0.

My drive is 100% formatted WBFS

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB Loader GX v2.0 is working like a charm. Using 249[56]rev21 as the global cIOS. Only game running on a different cIOS is COD:BO which is using 250[57]rev21. Cool thing is two previous games that where using different IOS in order to run (Worms: Battle Island (222[38]v5.1, and 007: Golden Eye 250[57]rev20) when I was using r938 are running fine off of the global IOS - I don't know if this is due to the cIOS or Loader upgrade, but either way, cool.

Now the only thing missing for me is to wait for some new updated themes. I had to edit my old favourite theme, Dark GX V2, in order for it to work with the new USB Loader GX.

One thing I did notice that is slightly annoying, but could just be affecting me, I noticed the image that the new forwarder channel displays on the screen before USB Loader GX is launched is slightly off center to the left on my HDTV. Anyone else notice this?

-[]D

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
As much as I love the USB Loader GX interface how am I meant to use it to load my backups if the loader wont load? It gets stuck on "initializing USB device" on cIOS rev21 base 57. I tried one external hard drive with the first partition being NTFS and the second being FAT32 and I also tried a USB stick formatted to FAT32. Both of these worked perfectly fine with CFG USB Loader. I'll try different base IOS's later, though I doubt that it will change anything.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
somedrunkenidiot said:
As much as I love the USB Loader GX interface how am I meant to use it to load my backups if the loader wont load? It gets stuck on "initializing USB device" on cIOS rev21 base 57. I tried one external hard drive with the first partition being NTFS and the second being FAT32 and I also tried a USB stick formatted to FAT32. Both of these worked perfectly fine with CFG USB Loader. I'll try different base IOS's later, though I doubt that it will change anything.
Q: Did you try starting UsbloaderGx through HBC?
Q: What forwarder are you useing?

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi i heard there was USB GXv2.0 so I download USBLoaderGX2.0_AllinOnePackage

there was usbloader_gx inside App file so I add it in the SD
and in the WAD file there is
ChannelDOL file
ForwarderDOL file
USB Loader GX-ULNR_Channel_2.0.wad
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_2.0.wad

so I tried to install USB Loader GX-ULNR_Channel_2.0.wad file but in Wad Manger 1.7 error (ret = -1029)
so I tried to install USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_2.0.wad and it installed but when I try to start the channel it rest my wii so I only can start USB GXv2.0 fro HBC
and it rest all privet data I used before like faveort games ........

I have install cios21 during use installation IOS249 as base IOS57 v5918 selected custun IOS installation IOS249

so what is the problem ?

and thank you for help I want only Forwarder channel works
My wii is U4.2

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ok now I have install the USB Loader GX-ULNR_Channel_2.0.wad
(tried to unsiall then install) it installed with no error but when I enter the channel from wii manue it rest again so why did USB GX change the usb_GX file bas from the channel ?

please help

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great to see this major update. GX was and still is my fav USB loader. Great GUI and.. cool name I guess
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
roysolid said:
(tried to unsiall then install) it installed with no error but when I enter the channel from wii manue it rest again so why did USB GX change the usb_GX file bas from the channel ?

please help
You need IOS 58 to run the channels.
install ISO58 by launching this homebrew : IOS58 installer

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
somedrunkenidiot said:
Q: Did you try starting UsbloaderGx through HBC?
Q: What forwarder are you useing?

I'm loading through HBC on USB. All tests I'm doing right now are on my FAT32 16GB USB stick.

IOS 249 rev21 base IOS 58 - fail "Initialize usb device"
IOS 249 rev21 base IOS 57 - fail "Initialize usb device"
IOS 249 rev21 base IOS 56 - fail "Initialize usb device"
IOS 249 rev21 base IOS 38 - fail "Initialize usb device"
IOS 249 rev21 base IOS 37 - fail "Initialize usb device"

I give up. Until the next revision is released I'll just stick with CFG USB Loader. If you want me to give more info or do more tests just ask.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks GX team for great GX v2.

I have a request.
Downloading covers from web is uncomfortable for some people.
So, I just wanna see the game images from game inside.

Savegame manager GX can show us the images from game.
We don't need to download the cover images for savegame manager GX.

Could you add the function in usb loader GX v2 ?

ricardofer

Trophies
XP
Country
roysolid said:

please help

Hi,

I can load the USBLGX 2.0 channel from HBC, but I can't manage to install the forwarder. An error (that I'll post later the code) occurs. Any idea?

alexgf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB GX 2.0 worknig great on my fat32/wbfs drive now I'm trying to get it to work on a ntfs drive with everything being the same same config and all. I have the games in a folder. USB will start up fine but it doesn't see any of the games! I have IOS58 installed and I named the folder WBFS, is there a setting I need to put into GXGlobal? How do I get it to see my games?

Thanks!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexgf said:
I have USB GX 2.0 worknig great on my fat32/wbfs drive now I'm trying to get it to work on a ntfs drive with everything being the same same config and all. I have the games in a folder. USB will start up fine but it doesn't see any of the games! I have IOS58 installed and I named the folder WBFS, is there a setting I need to put into GXGlobal? How do I get it to see my games?

Thanks!

global options > then click either the first or second (don't remember which) button and select the partition you want to use.

roysolid said:
QUOTEYou need IOS 58 to run the channels.
install ISO58 by launching this homebrew : IOS58 installer

it worked thank you very much why didn't USB GX team say you have to install it ?

you should reinstall your HBC so that it runs on IOS58 as well
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lejong2002 said:
Thanks GX team for great GX v2.

I have a request.
Downloading covers from web is uncomfortable for some people.
So, I just wanna see the game images from game inside.

Savegame manager GX can show us the images from game.
We don't need to download the cover images for savegame manager GX.

Could you add the function in usb loader GX v2 ?
Savegame Manager GX is using the image stored in the save file (you can see the same image if you go to your official savegame manager on your wii menu).

What "game inside" images do you want to see in USBLoaderGX ?
The image of the savegame ?
The "channel animation" (known as banner) ? (it needs a banner reader, which doesn't exist, and would be really slow as it would need to extract the banner from the game iso first before playing it).
An ingame screenshot ? (there's no database for that to be downloaded/shown in the loader)

Just for you to know, if users feel inconfortable downloading covers from inside the loader, they can download a full pack of covers on Wiitdb.com (download page).

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly thankyou for the new version USBLoader GX V2 an excellent program.

Now to my question:

I'm considering converting my Ext HDD used for my Wii, to NTFS from FAT32 using a Windows 7 PC.

Please would someone in the know be so kind as to confirm if USBLoader GX V2 can now dump new games to an NTFS partition successfully or should I continue with my FAT32 set up ?.

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requiem_mortis said:
Firstly thankyou for the new version USBLoader GX V2 an excellent program.

Now to my question:

I'm considering converting my Ext HDD used for my Wii, to NTFS from FAT32 using a Windows 7 PC.

Please would someone in the know be so kind as to confirm if USBLoader GX V2 can now dump new games to an NTFS partition successfully or should I continue with my FAT32 set up ?.

Works a treat with NTFS. Had zero problems with any type of drive I've tested - WBFS, FAT32, or NTFS.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
requiem_mortis said:
What ?
You want to convert your HDD which already work on WII because you want to use it on Win7 now ?
or do you currently have an Ext HDD and want to convert it because you think it's not working on Wii ?

Ext and NTFS are working with USBLoaderGX, you don't need to convert. Just keep Ext2/3/4

And why do you want to do : Ext -> FAT32 -> NTFS ?
just format NTFS directly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?