• Likes 48

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys - i have a question about the readmii instructions for USB Loader GX.

This link here says to remove some stubbed ios files for a 4.2u wii after modding it using DOPIOS

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

The USB Loader GX readmii doesn't say to do that - and, last night I modded two wiis using readmii instructions and I couldn't install Waininkoko's rev 17 - got error, until i deleted ios 249. After I deleted IOS 249, I was able to install rev 17 and everything worked fine.

I was wondering if there is an error in the readmii instructions, or if it was me that did something wrong

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys - i have a question about the readmii instructions for USB Loader GX.

This link here says to remove some stubbed ios files for a 4.2u wii after modding it using DOPIOS

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

The USB Loader GX readmii doesn't say to do that - and, last night I modded two wiis using readmii instructions and I couldn't install Waininkoko's rev 17 - got error, until i deleted ios 249. After I deleted IOS 249, I was able to install rev 17 and everything worked fine.

I was wondering if there is an error in the readmii instructions, or if it was me that did something wrong

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think you got a little ahead of your self...

The Readmii is a little outdated and there is talk on updating it.

Either way I wouldn't follow the readmii of a loader to softmod your Wii. You have to delete all the over 200 stubs first if you want to intall Wanin's or HErmes version ios back into those slots. Thats why you get an error if you try and install before you remove stubs.

I would follow the guide you have from the beginning or use the Guide thats stickie'd here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Once you have all that in place, the USB loaders are usually as simple as place the boot.dol in the /apps/loadername folders.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i am trying to launch a WBFS version of links crossbow training.

but when i tell usb loader to play the game it returns me to teh wii menu.
this is the first time i have used this loader.

why?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doctair said:
The readmii is outdated, but not the setup guide, since I still the maintainer and I do know how to write guides for that.
I haven't been keeping up to date with GX itself so everything else might be slightly outdated. That's why I asked for someone to update the info about GX. (Still haven't gotten a reply btw, so if anyone wants to
tongue.gif
).

The setup guide is almost the same as the one of the CSG now
wink.gif

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
Doctair said:
The readmii is outdated, but not the setup guide, since I still the maintainer and I do know how to write guides for that.
I haven't been keeping up to date with GX itself so everything else might be slightly outdated. That's why I asked for someone to update the info about GX. (Still haven't gotten a reply btw, so if anyone wants to
tongue.gif
).

The setup guide is almost the same as the one of the CSG now
wink.gif

Hey TJ I meant no disrespect..

I followed your guides on CSG and learned alot.. thanks teach
lecture.gif

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys....

I have another question . . . I deleted IOS 249 and then installed Wanin's Rev 17, and then I installed the actual wads for Hermes Rev 4 222/223. However, I did not delete any other IOS files before doing so. GX Loader was working after I did the above.

Do I need to delete the other IOS files and if I don't, will I run into trouble?

Thanks again.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys,

I have a small issue with USB Loader GX. Everything works fine, all games load (using IOS222 rev5), but if I start House of the Dead - Overkill, all I get is a black screen.

I've tried playing with the settings but that didn't work.
The weird thing is that if I press the game title, it says "House of the Dead- Overkill (0.00GB)" and no sound plays (the screen also shakes a little up and down, but this stops after the window with Settings and Back appears, yes only with this game :S), but if I run the game in CFG USB Loader, it says 4.0GB, the sound plays and it runs perfectly.
I don't really like the GUI of CFG and USB Loader GX is just easier to use, so I'd like to stay with it.

I hope you guys know the answer. Thanks xD

PS: I'm using the latest revision (r929 I though)

Edit:
Ok, this happens with games over 4GB and it is known as an issue. I'll just have to wait then.

takagen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
MrDiesel said:
Ok, this happens with games over 4GB and it is known as an issue. I'll just have to wait then.

I assume your partition is in NTFS? If so, when using [Wii Backup Manager] to transfer the game, go to Options -> Settings -> FAT32/NTFS/WBFS Split Style, choose 2GB.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The fellows making this realize the sound option to read in the disc channel sound from the disc is broken, right?
It's been almost a week without a fix.
...Aside from turning disc sounds off of course.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They realized, but not everyone has always time just to fix such a stupid problem, fix it yourself and send them the patch if you need it so badly.
Or just play original games form the disc channel, you even get an animation this way (which you probably only saw with Wii sports as it's delivered with the Wii).
Fucking kiddies who never spend a cent on a game and think everyone has to work for them. Just wait and play with your puppies or keep the sound disabled. Kids like you annoy the hell out of me.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nollog said:
The fellows making this realize the sound option to read in the disc channel sound from the disc is broken, right?
It's been almost a week without a fix.
...Aside from turning disc sounds off of course.

QUOTE(xander150 @ Apr 23 2010, 09:09 AM) They realized, but not everyone has always time just to fix such a stupid problem, fix it yourself and send them the patch if you need it so badly.
Or just play original games form the disc channel, you even get an animation this way (which you probably only saw with Wii sports as it's delivered with the Wii).
Fucking kiddies who never spend a cent on a game and think everyone has to work for them. Just wait and play with your puppies or keep the sound disabled. Kids like you annoy the hell out of me.
Take a look at the how often updates are made and how large the code base is and how many feature/bug requests are sent in for projects like USB Loader GX. Then realize that these coders ain't getting paid for all their work and yes, coders have lives too. Rest assured, the problem is most likely being worked on, just takes time. Besides it's not as if USB Loader GX is completely broken at the moment.

In lieu of a fixed update you can...
  • Install a previous version, r921.dol or below.
  • Use a different cIOS, like Hermes.
  • Enable quickboot of the games.
  • Disable the sound playback for the disc spinning screen.
I personally have stuck with r921, and all seems good. I pass on my thanks to all the coders, and look forward to future updates.
gbasp.gif

-[]D

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a codedump when trying to dump any game, using FAT32, can dump games fun using config usb loader but would like to get GX running aswell. When I hit install game the drive starts up the menu goes clear. (The actually background image is there but all text and images dissapear) and then it stares there for a little before returning a code dump. I'm using the version of GX you get when you run the .exe and it installs it for you. Anyone have this problem before? Know the answer?

Thanks for any help.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blazingwolf said:
I'm getting a codedump when trying to dump any game, using FAT32, can dump games fun using config usb loader but would like to get GX running aswell. When I hit install game the drive starts up the menu goes clear. (The actually background image is there but all text and images dissapear) and then it stares there for a little before returning a code dump. I'm using the version of GX you get when you run the .exe and it installs it for you. Anyone have this problem before? Know the answer?

Thanks for any help.

You need to update (I believe past 900) - 921 seems stable, the ones past this have issues at the moment.

Find the gx loader downloads (google!), download 921.dol, rename to boot.dol and replace the one in the apps / gx loader folder on the SD card with this one.

Best to delete all the .cfg files in the config folder too

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nollog
i dont know how to say this any easier for you to understand.

there is a "current stable release"
you have purposefully turned on an option called "beta updates"
you are using a beta revision
if you dont like it go back to the current stable release

those of you too stupid to know what beta means, should try to read here.
if you dont understand that, then i dont think there is any help for you.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
@nollog
i dont know how to say this any easier for you to understand.

there is a "current stable release"
you have purposefully turned on an option called "beta updates"
you are using a beta revision
if you dont like it go back to the current stable release

those of you too stupid to know what beta means, should try to read here.
if you dont understand that, then i dont think there is any help for you.
tongue.gif
I blame Google lol Everything is beta in my world, cause it's better than VHS!!!

OK, I'm back on my meds.....

-[]D

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Im useing 929 its been fine so far only problem i had was when i 1st updated i was loading with 249 rev19 base 38 it just froze i deleted the GlobalCGF same problem.
So then i went back to 921 changed it to load from 222 v4 37/38 then i updated to 929 again and it works fine. Only had 2 stack dumps 1st was grid view pushing up on D-pad seems to be random and second was not resetting after WiiTdb update and trying to start a game.

Fuzzy Yogurt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 929. Everything appears to load up fine but when I click on a game, nothing happens. I can't really do anything. I push the button to go into settings and nothing happens.

The hell?

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuzzy Yogurt said:
I updated to 929. Everything appears to load up fine but when I click on a game, nothing happens. I can't really do anything. I push the button to go into settings and nothing happens.

The hell?

i'm currently haveing the same issue i've tried going down to 921 like segested and still have the same issues i've deleted all the config files for it and let it rebuild and update and still haveing the problem. i asked about the issue on the chat they have and noone had an answer. meh i'm goin to start useing cfg usbloader.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Fuzzy and trigger use 222 as your boot up cios not 249 but like i said earlier you have to make these settings while you are useing 921 then update to 929 .
With the feature of reloading back to UsbloaderGx its great and i dont use grid view so i dont have any problems reloads back after useing HBC features.
I know 222 is a bit slower when it comes to boot up but when you dont have to constantly go back to the Wii Menu to load another game its just great.
I use Hermes version 4 still
Many thanks to the whole team

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xander150 said:
Kids like you annoy the hell out of me.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. What are you 13 ?
rofl2.gif
I haven't seen you make not 1 constructive comment yet. All you do is troll. Grow up. I see your point with the guy above but your comments are all the same.

GX running fine here, keep up the good work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...