superskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
chrnk said:
superskid said:
My usbloader gx keeps saying no new updates when it is not on the latest revision. I am on 909 it won't update to 910.

I was on 874 and it wouldn't update, downloaded the 909 dol to see if that would fix it but it still won't go to 910. Any ideas?
They do not update web site with the link to the latest install. If you want 910 you whould have to download it manually.

What? It always used to update to the latest version automatically.

pippopelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ClockWorK said:
Since when is .ISO a problem? They work fine as long as they're named correctly.

I play all my games from NTFS as .ISO. And they are the same size as .WBFS if they're sparse files.

Since r900. The last good version with games iso in ntfs is r899.

chrnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superskid said:
chrnk said:
superskid said:
My usbloader gx keeps saying no new updates when it is not on the latest revision. I am on 909 it won't update to 910.

I was on 874 and it wouldn't update, downloaded the 909 dol to see if that would fix it but it still won't go to 910. Any ideas?
They do not update web site with the link to the latest install. If you want 910 you whould have to download it manually.

Once the version is stable enough they put a link to it. Currently it's 874. They do not update the link to every version they release.

Bludog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm having a problem loading games and I have searched all over this site and read the readmii.txt for USB Loader GX, so I apologize if this has been addressed.

I softmoded my Wii, and I can run backed up games (Wii Resort, Mortal Kombat, etc) with no problem, but decided to move to USB HDD. I have a Fat32 partition with my games loaded. Apps, HB, etc are running from my SDHC card for now. Images are on my HDD. GX loads just fine, I get the GUI, I can see my games and the associated images. I can change settings etc no problem. When I click on a game to play it, it goes to the “pre run” screen and plays the background sounds of the game, but when I click on the spinning disc to start the game, it goes to a black screen and freezes there. All of the USBLGX settings are default. I have tried to run 8 different games with the same outcome. I don’t know if this matters, but I created my ISOs from the backed up discs reading at 8x and 4x. (4 ISOs each).
unsure.gif

Here’s what I’m running:

Wii: 4.2u
Priiloader v0.2(r30)
IOS V70
System Menu: v481
Neogamma R8 (R14) (iso249)
HDD: WD Elements 500gb (1 partition formatted to FAT32)
Wii Game Manager 1.1
USB Loader GX v1

Thanks for any help.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a weird issue. I just recently converted to NTFS due to getting a new 1TB dedicated for Wii. USB Loader GX will not read a few of my games for some stupid reason. At first I thought it was an issue with the .wbfs image having both update and game partition. So I removed those but still no luck.

These games have worked before, fully tested. These are fresh rips as well straight from disc.

CFG loader sees them, but GX refuses to. I've tried 899 through 910 to no avail. 899 is more compatible with some though.

A few of the titles, Sengoku Musou 3, Sengoku Basara Heroes 2, Star Wars the force unleashed, mario party 8, guitar hero 5 and guitar hero metallica. There are a few others. Out of the other 100+ titles on there, these few are giving me problems.

Wii specs, 4.1U cIOS38rev17, hermes v4, WD 1TB HD, and I'm using Wii Backup Manager to transer, with game partition only checked under the options, so it does not copy the update partiton.

I am aware that NTFS is flaky right now, just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and fixed it.

mumboman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Kittymat said:
fgsfdsyo said:
I've posted here before but I seem to can't put my finger on what's making my HDD freeze.
It's in the compatible list, there's no programs for it to go into spin-down.
It's just randomly in some games they'll just completely stop working.

Fatal Frame 4, she can never open a door (it's literally stuck loading, the dot doesn't even flash)
Muramasa, can't even start a new file.

et cetera

Any help at all or remedy?
IOS222/223 installed, CIOS249v17 installed

I hope someone can help as I have the same / similar issue.

I have a compatible drive (WD Passport Essentials 320GB) working great, however I do get strange issues.

Fifa 09 - freezes when starting the match, it loads runs and lets me get to the match part then freezes, however this is not down to the game, my second hard drive loads and runs it perfectly, it is not first drive as if I reload it from drive 2 to drive 1 - it then works.

When it froze I tried to run it using uLoader and ConfUSB Loader - worked great with both loaders, tried again with GX - froze in the same place. Updated from 874 to 907 same issue.

So it is not the drive, the file or the Wii - hope you agree!

I had this issue with loads of games initially, however I used to keep adding and removing files, so I formatted the drive (WFBS) and reloaded, all games worked (apart from Fifa09).

It seems to be GX has issues with the reading at certain points - made much worse if you add and remove files from the drive - to get Fifa working I removed and reinstalled and it is now working fine.

Is this a known issue or is there a solution

Also tried from the channel - and forwarder, using different ios's still the same issue

Running 222v4 and 249v14

The symptoms you both mention seem similar to what I have been experiencing recently.

I previously had no problems with my WD Scorpio Blue 500GB USB drive loading most titles through USB Loader GX. As of last week, every game I tryed to play would freeze after a few minutes and after unsuccessfully trying several different versions (r899, r907 & r910) over the course of the week I decided to buy a new HDD and see if that solved the problem.

After formating a 420Gb partition as WBFS (over FAT32) for backups and a smaller 30Gb Fat32 partition for homebrew, I proceeded to copy all games to the new drive using WBFS Manager 3.0.

The in-game problems still persist and on this new drive I am even having issues with USBLoader GX menu screens freezing with the dvd drive light flashing blue. If I unplug the HDD USB cable then reinsert it things will unfreeze for a minute but then freeze up again. From what some people have said, it could be a drive spindown issue but I am baffled as to why I previously had this working for several months without problems on an identical Western Digital drive.

ANY suggestions how to fix this would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Sysmenu 4.1U
222v4
249v17

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chrnk said:
superskid said:
chrnk said:
superskid said:

Once the version is stable enough they put a link to it. Currently it's 874. They do not update the link to every version they release.
Correct. We don't update the link with every revision, because a lot of them are unstable. If you are bold enough, and you always like a bleeding edge USB GX, you can always enable the BETA updates option in the settings. Enabling that option will always download the latest revision from Google Code, which are automatically compiled by our build machine. So, no manual download required, unless you want to revert to a previous version.

robinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I have big problems to get USB loader GX to work for me.
I think I have all correctly installed.
What happens when i start USB loader GX from the forwarder installed as a WAD,
Is that it tolds me the drive is not formated (It is, I have used WBFS Manager 3.0 in windows to format the drive).
Anyway when i choose to format in USB loader GX it presents four partitions that all are in the wrong size (no partition size seems to match the size of the drive) and it should realy be only one partition.

cIOS 249 r17 is installed.
WBFS formated drive.
Have tried different versions of USB loader GX.

Please can someone help me, or give a hint on what is wrong?
Do i need cIOS 222,223?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mumboman said:
The in-game problems still persist and on this new drive I am even having issues with USBLoader GX menu screens freezing with the dvd drive light flashing blue. If I unplug the HDD USB cable then reinsert it things will unfreeze for a minute but then freeze up again. From what some people have said, it could be a drive spindown issue but I am baffled as to why I previously had this working for several months without problems on an identical Western Digital drive.

It could be your caddy. I had a similar problem with a cheap caddy and a 500gb scorpio blue, which would cause the drive to spin down & up constantly. Unfortunately it kept doing it when I put the drive back into my laptop. So I RMA'd it. I haven't risked the caddy since, because it seems it can no longer power a drive from one usb port (I was using one port when it started acting weird and gave garbage instead of the hard drive manufacturer details).

I don't know whether the problem was caused by the drive or the caddy in the first place. It could be related to your problem, or you could just have something messed up on your wii.

chrnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robinh said:
Hi
I have big problems to get USB loader GX to work for me.
I think I have all correctly installed.
What happens when i start USB loader GX from the forwarder installed as a WAD,
Is that it tolds me the drive is not formated (It is, I have used WBFS Manager 3.0 in windows to format the drive).
Anyway when i choose to format in USB loader GX it presents four partitions that all are in the wrong size (no partition size seems to match the size of the drive) and it should realy be only one partition.

cIOS 249 r17 is installed.
WBFS formated drive.
Have tried different versions of USB loader GX.

Please can someone help me, or give a hint on what is wrong?
Do i need cIOS 222,223?
I would try cIOS 222. It did not work for me on cIOS 249, but once I switched
to 222, it works.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a problem with SSBB in USB Loader GX. I can see Brawl on my Game List just fine, but the instant I click on it, nothing happens. The music in GX keeps playing, and I can highlight buttons, but if I press them nothing happens. I can't go back to the Wii Menu, and I can't go into Settings, so I have to hard reset.

Any suggestions? Bad dump or otherwise? All settings are default.

pluotnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can I install games on my NTFS partition? I am trying, but I get an error. I am not sure if it's due to my settings, or if the usb loader does not support NTFS installing yet.

Kyururu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
rklamer said:
A bit of a problem with SSBB in USB Loader GX. I can see Brawl on my Game List just fine, but the instant I click on it, nothing happens. The music in GX keeps playing, and I can highlight buttons, but if I press them nothing happens. I can't go back to the Wii Menu, and I can't go into Settings, so I have to hard reset.

are you using wii backup manager to transfer the iso?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Brawl. I have them both installed on my ntfs formated harddrive. when i want to load them with the newest version of gx but i only get black screens. i used every ios setting but only black screen. anyone can help me ?

Kyururu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hunter291 said:
i have a problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Brawl. I have them both installed on my ntfs formated harddrive. when i want to load them with the newest version of gx but i only get black screens. i used every ios setting but only black screen. anyone can help me ?

Patch Cios38 to rev17.
You may also refer to http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/sou...HBC/readMii.txt for MPT's special boot methods

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did everything. newest hermes cios, newest wanin cios, but still black screen. mpt worked with wbfs formated drive, but not with ntfs formated -.-

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyururu said:
rklamer said:

Yes.

Kyururu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
rklamer said:
Kyururu said:
rklamer said:

Yes.

In that case you need to go to settings and set the 'wii partition to keep' to 'game partition only' and transfer the iso again.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyururu said:
rklamer said:
Kyururu said:
rklamer said:

Yes.

In that case you need to go to settings and set the 'wii partition to keep' to 'game partition only' and transfer the iso again.
Thanks. But will this screw up my other partition? I have a main partition I use for other things, then a WBFS partition for USB Loader GX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y