• Views 7,218,630
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It would be cool if GX will support Hermes cIOS v5 including NAND emulation for saves like Uloader 4.5 does. Will that be possible in a future release?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
megagoron said:
Hi, I have a japanese wii, using USBLoaderGX, for most games it's ok and region usually not a problem, but I cant start Wii Fit Plus(PAL:E), I played with settings a little, I get black screen or it's black&white and jumping. Can someone help me? I need EUR just because they use meters and kilograms, and I don't understand ft. and lb. xD

Thanks.
Some games just plain refuse to run in other vid modes - you'll have to set it to run in PAL mode, and hope your TV supports it.
The TV usually supports it if it's an HDTV and you're using component cables.

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random question -- what if you turn off the Wii during a game installation? Does it screw up something? Will it automatically remove the broken image?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rklamer said:
Random question -- what if you turn off the Wii during a game installation? Does it screw up something? Will it automatically remove the broken image?
The game data will be marked as inactive and will be overwritten next time

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slicer74 said:
New cIOS from Hermes is out ! v5b

Can use 222, 223, 224 (base on 37, 57 and 60).

I installed all

222, 38
223, merge 37
224, merge 57

I ran GX, choose Sing It and choose 223, the game freezes so I restart.

Now GX ask me to choose a partition or to format one, I choose the only one partition on my HDD wich is a WBFS partition. It says 80gb free out of 160 but no game is shown.

I quit and try uLoader, it says no WBFS partition is on my HDD.

I quit, connect to my PC and ran WBFS Manager => Cannot found my WBFS drive.
I try also GameManager 1.4, my drive is now unsusable and cannot see a thing in it !
No doubt it doesn't work with v5 and I have 222v4, but 3 days ago I was changing the settings for MOHH2 to 222 and got a code dump and lost my entire drive of games. I've since been working on getting them all put back on my drive. I got the same exact problem. I got a code dump immediately upon choosing the 222 and hitting "back" to the menu. Instantly, I rebooted the Wii, GX don't find the drive, hooked it up to PC and WBFS Manager don't see it or is corrupt. Formatted the drive and now some of my games install real fast and they freeze up the Wii as soon as I attempt to view the disc from the menu. SOME of my games are fine but others just freeze, I don't even get to see the disc spin, blue light comes on at the slot and it just sits there letting me use the hand in the GX browser and scroll and all that, just can't click on nothing.

No I didn't get a pic of the code dump but if it happens again I will and you can bet your ass I'll post it.
smile.gif

Wasn't going to say nothing cause I thought it was freak but when I read the above I had to say something.

249v17
222v4
3.2U

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a single NTFS partition USB HDD, yes no other partition (stop me right here if GX doesn't support this scenario).

GX always hang at Initialize usb device. If I plugin the HDD after GX loads, then it couldn't find WBFS partition which is correct since I don't have one. It allows me to select but it can't find anything (Cfg Usb Loader does find out the ntfs after this step. I'd like to try out GX but failed).

Does anyone hit this? Care to share a tip?

Thanks in advance!

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
beemisc said:
I have a single NTFS partition USB HDD, yes no other partition (stop me right here if GX doesn't support this scenario).

GX always hang at Initialize usb device. If I plugin the HDD after GX loads, then it couldn't find WBFS partition which is correct since I don't have one. It allows me to select but it can't find anything (Cfg Usb Loader does find out the ntfs after this step. I'd like to try out GX but failed).

Thanks in advance!
Do you also have a SD card to store Config Files and such?

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GX loads from SD card but I don't see any config file created. Do I have to create the config file manually? If so, where could I get the template.

Thanks Scuba156.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beemisc said:

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you are using a rev that supports NTFS. I'm not positive but at least rev899 or better should be ok, I recommend 899 or 910 ( I haven't tested 910 extensively yet but it seemed ok upon initial use). use cios38rev17 and install hermes v4 (222 and 223). I'm using a single 1TB partition for NTFS and it works fine. Also make sure there is a WBFS folder on the root with your games named correctly as well. Use Wii Backup Manager to ensure your titles are named properly. BTW what format are you game files? .iso or .wbfs? Could also be that your drive is not support, its possible. What brand is the drive?

superskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
My usbloader gx keeps saying no new updates when it is not on the latest revision. I am on 909 it won't update to 910.

I was on 874 and it wouldn't update, downloaded the 909 dol to see if that would fix it but it still won't go to 910. Any ideas?

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
beemisc said:

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you are using a rev that supports NTFS. I'm not positive but at least rev899 or better should be ok, I recommend 899 or 910 ( I haven't tested 910 extensively yet but it seemed ok upon initial use). use cios38rev17 and install hermes v4 (222 and 223). I'm using a single 1TB partition for NTFS and it works fine. Also make sure there is a WBFS folder on the root with your games named correctly as well. Use Wii Backup Manager to ensure your titles are named properly. BTW what format are you game files? .iso or .wbfs? Could also be that your drive is not support, its possible. What brand is the drive?

Thanks VashTS,

I use GX 910 with Hermes 222/223. Not sure about cios38rev17.
I am using Westen Digital My Book Studio 500GB, format NTFS with wbfs folder at the root. I am also using Wii Backup Manager to transfer games to HDD. I am using .ISO. My drive should support since I can play games with Configurable USB Loader normally.

chrnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superskid said:
My usbloader gx keeps saying no new updates when it is not on the latest revision. I am on 909 it won't update to 910.

I was on 874 and it wouldn't update, downloaded the 909 dol to see if that would fix it but it still won't go to 910. Any ideas?
They do not update web site with the link to the latest install. If you want 910 you whould have to download it manually.

chrnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beemisc said:
VashTS said:
beemisc said:

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you are using a rev that supports NTFS. I'm not positive but at least rev899 or better should be ok, I recommend 899 or 910 ( I haven't tested 910 extensively yet but it seemed ok upon initial use). use cios38rev17 and install hermes v4 (222 and 223). I'm using a single 1TB partition for NTFS and it works fine. Also make sure there is a WBFS folder on the root with your games named correctly as well. Use Wii Backup Manager to ensure your titles are named properly. BTW what format are you game files? .iso or .wbfs? Could also be that your drive is not support, its possible. What brPand is the drive?

Thanks VashTS,

I use GX 910 with Hermes 222/223. Not sure about cios38rev17.
I am using Westen Digital My Book Studio 500GB, format NTFS with wbfs folder at the root. I am also using Wii Backup Manager to transfer games to HDD. I am using .ISO. My drive should support since I can play games with Configurable USB Loader normally.

Try using your backup in Wbfs format instead of ISO on NTFS drive. Also wbfs uses less space on hard drive.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when is .ISO a problem? They work fine as long as they're named correctly.

I play all my games from NTFS as .ISO. And they are the same size as .WBFS if they're sparse files.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ClockWorK said:
Since when is .ISO a problem? They work fine as long as they're named correctly.

I play all my games from NTFS as .ISO. And they are the same size as .WBFS if they're sparse files.

Euh sparse files?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
slingshot27 said:
ClockWorK said:

Euh sparse files?

You can have a 4gb file, that has holes in the middle. It's cool, but copying tends to reflate them. WBFS OTOH will always stay the same size.
If you constantly need to burn ISO's or don't mind the 4.7gb per game then keeping them in ISO format makes sense. Otherwise it's just hassle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...