Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
slicer74 said:
Thanks for the fast answear.

rev898 !
Forwarder and or from HBC.

I update the WiiTDB but not all the game I have in my HDD is found.

Here what i have done...

Install 2 games via WBFS Manager
Name are incorrect
Update the WiiTDB via GX, restart the loader, nothing happen
Then, press 2 then 1 and it create a file in apps/usb_loagergx that include a link for my web navigator.
I do so, it create WiiTDB.zip, I put this in my SD/Config and now the title of the 2 games is OK

But, I installed and third game and cannot get the correct title via the loader.

GX update give a Wiitdb_wbfs1.zip while i already have wiitdb.zip from my pc.

Hi i have had this trouble before to fix it what i did was

1 delete all the cover artwork (e.g. cd covers , 3d covers, normal artwork(under images)
2 delete all wiidb_wbfs.zip files (under config)
3 delete gametitles.text (under config)
4 delete text codes (under textcodes)

then put sd back into wii start up usb loader and again check for covers update wiitdb

hope this helps

failing that plug your hdd back into the computer using wbfs managet remove all the games that fail to display the correct title and try to reinsert them into the into wbfs manager and then install them to the hdd again

Julian Sidewind

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'v got a question about usb loader gx...how do i arrange the folders in my usb to be able to have every type of cover as an option. I tried the configuration that wii game manager uses but when i try to select 3d or disk, it either says they're not found or it crashes.

And also another question... how can i tell which version is the latest. I'm currently using the channel but the website makes it look like the homebrew application is at a later version.

Thanks

GAMECASE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soulstrom said:
I'v got a question about usb loader gx...how do i arrange the folders in my usb to be able to have every type of cover as an option I tried the configuration that wii game manager uses but when i try to select 3d or disk, it either says they're not found or it crashes.

And also another question... how can i tell which version is the latest. I'm currently using the channel but the website makes it look like the homebrew application is at a later version.

Thanks

hi

What do u mean? soz im failing to understand

when u sat latest do u mesn the software its self or the chanel / forwarder

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
slicer74 said:
Thanks for the fast answear.

rev898 !
Forwarder and or from HBC.

I update the WiiTDB but not all the game I have in my HDD is found.

Here what i have done...

Install 2 games via WBFS Manager
Name are incorrect
Update the WiiTDB via GX, restart the loader, nothing happen
Then, press 2 then 1 and it create a file in apps/usb_loagergx that include a link for my web navigator.
I do so, it create WiiTDB.zip, I put this in my SD/Config and now the title of the 2 games is OK

But, I installed and third game and cannot get the correct title via the loader.

GX update give a Wiitdb_wbfs1.zip while i already have wiitdb.zip from my pc.
The questions i said werent for you
tongue.gif

After you updated to 898, did you delete the config file and all wiiTDB files? Do that then reset your config, and try updating your wiiTDB. I believe rev 898 is a renamed rev833 (due to the problems of rev 897) which is before some features were added, if so, the config file and WiiTDB need to be deleted if you updated from rev89* to rev898

QUOTEI'v got a question about usb loader gx...how do i arrange the folders in my usb to be able to have every type of cover as an option. I tried the configuration that wii game manager uses but when i try to select 3d or disk, it either says they're not found or it crashes.

1.all cover image types downloaded through usbloader GX should be used in usbloader GX. the 3D covers get used in the list and coverflow type view, and the 2D ones get used in the other view. If that is what you mean

2.go to credits and look in the top right, although all versions (.dol/forwarder and channel) are currently at rev898. This shows what the latest revisions available for download are

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Scuba156 said:
Rev898 seems to have lost USB FAT32 support for config files. back to 895 for me
Indeed. Was it a mistake or do they have a reason for dropping usb config (and cover - images takes a large amount of space, which is the main reason I use the usb to store them) support?

I got mine to show the "USB" button by deleting the wtdb.zip and/or renaming it to the name someone gave on the previous page (wiitdb_wbfs1.zip I think). Weird.

Julian Sidewind

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried downloading the images through the loader on the wii, but when i do that it just crashes, maybe if i update my version to the latest it'll work so ill try that. I needed to know how to arrange the folders on the sd card with the images so that usb loader could recognize them all because all covers of one game have the same names so they cant be in the same folders as each other or they'll overright.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
soulstrom said:
I tried downloading the images through the loader on the wii, but when i do that it just crashes, maybe if i update my version to the latest it'll work so ill try that. I needed to know how to arrange the folders on the sd card with the images so that usb loader could recognize them all because all covers of one game have the same names so they cant be in the same folders as each other or they'll overright.
Go to options, then 'Custom Paths' which will show you were each image type is stored

GAMECASE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soulstrom said:

ok

your 3d cover info will needc to go in
?:\images\ROLP8P.PNG

your 2d cover need to go in
?:\images\2D\ROLP8P.PNG

your cd cover need to go in
?:\images\disk\ROLP8P.PNG

where ? bing your sd or usb device

all covers have to be named the title of the game e.g ROLP8P IS MARIO SONIC WINTER OLYMPICS your cover artwork will need to be named the same SO ROLP8P.PNG

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Now I'm on r897 and I get a "what()" and M_Range_VectorCheck error not sure about the names of the calls, but those words appear and it crashes back to homebrew channel.
The first time it crashed I was scrolling through games, now it does it when I load.
changed my view in the config and it works, but it's still a bug. Seems to happen when you pass over a no image game.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From R897 the whole loader was reverted to R883. The problems were still left because the new libogc were still used. Now the BuildBots libogc is restored to the old one.

All the new problems after R883 should be gone now in R899

2lux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi guys, first sorry for my bad english ... im french
smile.gif

can i hope its possible to make .ciso support on ntfs or fat partition like tu new uloader 4 ???

i like usbloader gx and i dont want to go on another usb loader ...
thanx for your response

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
dimok said:
From R897 the whole loader was reverted to R883. The problems were still left because the new libogc were still used. Now the BuildBots libogc is restored to the old one.

Thank you for the comfirmation, i thought as much. So whats planned for now?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
We need an option to set our country, so especially in the pal region an Aussie gamer gets the aussie cover

I thought it downloaded the cover based on the game.So if you got a PAL game it would download the PAL cover if available.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
We need an option to set our country, so especially in the pal region an Aussie gamer gets the aussie cover

I thought it downloaded the cover based on the game.So if you got a PAL game it would download the PAL cover if available.

Yeah but if you look at PAL with WiiTDB their are many different countries with different rating and such

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent dimok but it will be great if you review that release (899) because for me everytime I enters the audio menu I get a crash.
enything alse is OK.

my config:
firmware 3.0U
IOS 249 rev 17
IOS 222/223 rev 4
My language in my Wii is spanish.
my USB disk is a Samsung 320GB, with one fat32 partition, running the loader from the USB.
my USB loader langueage is english.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
icpmattj said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

Yeah but if you look at PAL with WiiTDB their are many different countries with different rating and such

Yeah, ive sent a feature request to preview the cover before download and select which one to use, but i like your idea to be able to select the country as well. but i just went to wiiTDB.com and downloaded the PAL 3D cover pack from http://wiitdb.com/Main/Downloads, which IIRC has an Australia folder in it full of 3D Australian covers

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, first of all excellent program here, been using it for a while with no problems.

Now before I go reporting this issue, I wanted to confirm that it is indeed an issue and not me doing something silly.
I dumped "Dawn Of Discovery" and when I attempt to launch it in USB Loader GX I get a stack dump. It does not even get to the part where it shows the disc and options. So I cant even configure/test alternative settings.

I attempted to use another image versus my physical dump and same result.
I was on Rev 15 and updated to Rev 17, no luck.
Just to make sure it wasn't the image, I mount the USB and launch DoD from NeoGamma R8 Beta 12 it worked fine.

USB Loader GX (latest, updated everything VIA network an hour before this post).
IOS 246 Rev 17
4.2 U
Maxtor USB drive

I'll happily provide any more information if necessary, and I apologize in advance if this was mentioned before.
I did a search on here and google to no avail. And as always, thanks for your time.

MD

Quicksaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quicksaver said:
Tried r897 and it can't boot through cios222, only 249. r883 works fine.

QUOTE(dimok @ Jan 20 2010, 08:13 PM) From R897 the whole loader was reverted to R883. The problems were still left because the new libogc were still used. Now the BuildBots libogc is restored to the old one.

Yep, problem gone.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if my console is just getting old or something but the install process doesn't seem to be working to well.
I tried to install Metroid Prime 3 which I specifically remember being 4.12 GB. The disc stopped spinning and it failed like 60% through and when I go back to it, it shows it being installed as over 7GB.

It also seems to have caused a few of my other games to stop working.
I guess it's a good thing that I own the games and can just install them again
smile.gif

I'm almost tempted to delete everything and start again. I wonder how much the drive and laser would like that.

It's also pretty strange. I also specifically remember Brawl being 6.93GB and now I install it and it's 7.1GB. I delete it and install it again and then it's 7.42GB
This thing is playing games with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o