bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How does one install USB Loader GX r716 with WiiBoxart Mod? Will just updating from within USB Loader GX grab it?

Thanks

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
I'll still be updating the server and my files with each new release, but don't expect any more input or help anywhere other than the GX IRC channel. I don't have the time or patience to try and help douche bags all day. Good Luck to Deviyl, xzxero, D3ADL1N3R, tj_cool, WiiPower, nabster92, and anyone else who does.

Adios.

I can 100% understand 0ld8oys frustration. At this point in time with the Wii scene there's not going to be a whole lot of things that cannot be answered with a simple forum search, reading a sites help/faq/noob section, or just going that extra GIANT step of looking back a page or two, or hell... read the entire 600+ page thread!

It was only this last June when I got my first Wii and knew nothing about it's scene whatsoever, but I can say that I read countless numbers of pages, posts, threads, forums, and did my best to try and find the answers myself before asking a question. I'm not perfect as I've definitely made some mistakes along the way (like bricking my first Wii by uninstalling the system menu), and I'm not saying that it's not ok to ask questions that may seem stupid.... it's just that those questions have 99.9% already been answered before. If not here, then somewhere else.

If you happen to ever just skim through here 0ld8oy, I feel ya man - it certainly IS very, very frustrating at times. I'm sure we'll see each other on IRC.

Take care!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bodean said:
tj_cool said:
wiitdb is back, so why the mod?

How do you set USB Loader GX to download these covers?
Normal GX versions automatically get covers from wiitdb.com
all you need is an internet connection on the wii (must be wifi)
Then go to Listmode, Gridmode or Carousel mode and press 1
Now you can choose what to download
smile.gif

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
bodean said:
tj_cool said:
wiitdb is back, so why the mod?
QUOTE(antiaverage @ Aug 28 2009, 03:30 PM) Because, after clearing out my images and trying to snag all from WiiTDB, too many are missing or corrupt or sized inappropriately. Since I have FTP access to WiiBoxart, I can fix problems there immediately. Since I don't have access to WiiTDB, I have to spend time helping update their database via submissions. I will spend some time going through the files I noticed as having problems on WiiTDB and sending in solutions, but for now some people may like to have the option to use WiiBoxart if it better meets their needs.

In time, I hope WiiTDB will overtake WiiBoxart, as I much prefer the design direction and organization there. During the interim, choice is a good thing. That's the idea behind diversity and competition, helping push for the best product possible. I hope I can lend a hand anywhere it is needed.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts in general, don't hesitate to PM me.

How do you set USB Loader GX to download these covers?
Normal GX versions automatically get covers from wiitdb.com
all you need is an internet connection on the wii (must be wifi)
Then go to Listmode, Gridmode or Carousel mode and press 1
Now you can choose what to download
smile.gif

The same is true for my mod, except the covers and discart come from http://wiiboxart.com

You can also click on a "No Image" image displayed to the left of the Listmode view and select what you would like to download: Normal Covers, 3D Covers, Discart, etc.

USB Loader GX r716 with WiiBoxart Mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?gtj54u51mhy

Rpepper

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys..

Having some probs with MobileLite Reader 9-in-1 reader. usbloader gx just freezes and cannot recognize the reader.
Im using rev715

Can someone help??
Thanks

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
antiaverage said:
Because, after clearing out my images and trying to snag all from WiiTDB, too many are missing or corrupt or sized inappropriately.
Some are certainly missing, but you must have a lot of games to have so many missing covers?
Today I checked all artwork for corrupt/wrong size, there were exactly 3 corrupted files, it's fixed now.
Uploading on the site is easy, resize is done for you, 3D covers created automatically and disc transparency as well.
You can post the ID for the games you need fixed on the WiiTDB thread and they will get fixed.
Don't worry about driving competition, we don't need that to work hard every day to provide a clean set of artwork for all users
smile.gif

If you have a lot of fixes to contribute at once, PM me to upload to the ftp.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem. I haven't been able to download the box art for Wii Sports Resort. It always downloads a 0b file. I have about 8 or 9 missing disk images. They've been on my drive for at least two months, so I find it very hard to believe that they're not on the database, but they aren't ever found on the server.

Edit: Just updated to 716, full update. Again, deleted my 0byte Sports Resort box art and tried downloading box and disk art again. It got all but two disk art: Resident Evil Archives and Vertigo were missing. So only two there. Still downloaded a worthless file for the WSR box art though. Same thing when I tried 3d art instead of the normal art.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Hooya said:
It got all but two disk art: Resident Evil Archives and Vertigo were missing. So only two there. Still downloaded a worthless file for the WSR box art though. Same thing when I tried 3d art instead of the normal art.
The disc art is sorted between original artwork and custom artwork, the custom disc is available for those two games, but not the original disc.
This means it found original discs for all your games but 2, not bad, how many games do you have?
There is a setting to download both disc styles in USB Loader GX if you don't mind mixing them you'll get far more discs this way.
It's very strange about Wii Sports Resort, I would think users would have reported it already for such a popular game?
http://wiitdb.com/Game/RZTE01

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
Hooya said:
It got all but two disk art: Resident Evil Archives and Vertigo were missing. So only two there. Still downloaded a worthless file for the WSR box art though. Same thing when I tried 3d art instead of the normal art.
The disc art is sorted between original artwork and custom artwork, the custom disc is available for those two games, but not the original disc.
This means it found original discs for all your games but 2, not bad, how many games do you have?
There is a setting to download both disc styles in USB Loader GX if you don't mind mixing them you'll get far more discs this way.
It's very strange about Wii Sports Resort, I would think users would have reported it already for such a popular game?
http://wiitdb.com/Game/RZTE01

That's what I thought, which is why I wasn't too worried, but even today it's still not giving me a proper file.

I have just over 100 games. WSR is the most recently added one to my disk (so much crap lately...) I have plenty of space where the file should go.

I tried putting one there manually and it gave me the "ur stupid it's the rong siz hur hur" message. That was a while ago though.

As for the disk images: maybe I'll just delete the whole directory and start again. I'd rather have the official disks, but I have loads of custom disks in there right now as it is. I haven't seen those options as to which versions you can download. Where is that setting?

kabledog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry but this is killing me. I am running Wii 4.1u (Wananikoko) have Cios 38r14, Cios 53,55 and USBLoader GX 715.
Everytime I try Ghostbusters I get stuck at the damn safety screen and my wiimote loses signal with Wii. Please help as everyone else I talk to who uses USBLoader GX XXX seems to have no problem. Am I missing a Cios, I have settings all default except 002 fix is on.

Thanks in advance.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love the latest version of GX guys, the HBC button is a nice touch.

If you could id like to add a few more items to the wish list

- Being able to rename the games on your USB device

- Running discs directly from GX

Maybe down the road GX could replace the wii system menu lol

Iain12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You already can rename the games. Click on the game, and then click on the game name (above the spinning disc)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
I love the latest version of GX guys, the HBC button is a nice touch.

If you could id like to add a few more items to the wish list

- Being able to rename the games on your USB device

- Running discs directly from GX

Maybe down the road GX could replace the wii system menu lol
Just so you know if you go in to the hbc and click on the wii button you can run channels like the backup lunchers, emulators and more. So the only thing you need the wii menu for is the mii channel and to sync up a new wii remote. I would like a better way of doing this added in to the loader, but for now you can use this way of doing it.

PS Is there a simple way of making a button on the main menu of the usb loader that could load these channels just by pressing that button. I will see if I can get it to work myself but I am not that good at editing the source code.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I was finally ready to test my setup
smile.gif
Using latest USB Loader GX, forwarder channel and a 500GB external hdd (Toshiba StorE alu, does not spin down), 3 primary partitions, one WBFS formatted (not 'active').

I'm running into 'Exception (DSI) occurred!' errors and other weird things. When pushing the Ocarina button on my SSBB dump I get the DSI error I made a photo of:

DSI_Exception_small.jpg

When running Deadly Creatures (USA) I get a black screen. When running Wii Sports Resort I get returned to the Wii menu. The DSI error popped up in several other cases, also when trying to run a game. I've used both WBFS Intelligent GUI and PrixM's WBFS GUI to transfer Wii dumps to my WBFS partition.

I followed xzxero's Simplistic mod, offline mode. I went from a clean 3.2E (with a D2Pro) to 4.0, 4.1 using Waninkoko's updater, and then followed xzxero's tutorial to get cIOS38 rev 14, TBR, BootMii and Preloader.

Please give me some advice on what options I need to set to get me going. Thanks
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Readmii Updated
  • Added Download for HJSplit (This can combine .001, .002, .003, .... files; some people seem to have problems with these)
  • Changed the info for Anti002Fix
  • Added section for games with unusual boot methods
  • little changes to the GXtheme.cfg (this is the only GXtheme.cfg that is complete!)
As usual, leave a comment here/PM me about errors or changes

Downloads

Dol R717: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwtxijmwvn0
Hybrid R717: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytwtzmxmmfz (looks for FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol, else load R717)
Channel R717: on request

Had no time to test them, but should work (so use at own risk!)

Iain12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I have a channel version of the latest update?

Whenever I click on Update on the USB loader, it gives me an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom