• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rmh3 said:
I hadn't installed a new game in about a month due to a bad drive motor. Drive motor is now replaced and games work great, BUUUUUUT now I'm seeing "file not found on server" issues for every image it tries to pull down... anyone have any ideas?
FYI; I just upgraded to 714 through the UI, so I know it's seeing the connection properly.

Here is USB Loader GX r715 modified to download boxart (3D and regular) and discart from WiiBoxart.com
USB Loader GX r715 with WiiBoxart mod

QUOTE(mqark @ Aug 22 2009, 08:33 AM) Also - I love having the cover art download feature back in the modified 714 - thanks so much for the mod
grog.gif
. This I use from the homebrew channel version installed on SD as it's quite easy to update this (as I don't yet understand where channels live and if they can be modified outside of the WAD).
Is there any way to inject this modded dol into the USB Loader Channel? I'm brand new to the wii modding scene (but certainly not new to modding) and there's a lot to learn about channels and wads.

Thanks.

mqark, I highly recommend using a Forwarder Channel instead of your current method. You can get the excellent USB Loader GX official Forwarder Channel here:
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

I recommend this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wxfpuo400nx/...er_16.06.09.rar

That Forwarder Channel looks on your SD card for the folder:
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

If you place the modified boot.dol I hosted above into that location, then the Forwarder Channel will automatically use it.

You can also place it on your USB drive in a similar manner, and you can change where the Forwarder Channel looks by modifying your USB Loader GX settings, changing your update path. This is explained somewhat on the Forwarders page.

Good luck!

Cyclonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What settings does it take to get rygar battle of argus pal to work? all i get is a black screen and brave a warrior's tale gives me the loading screen then it freezes there.....4.0 wii ...gx loader 713.......cios 9

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
harrypmgaga said:
I attempt to update this using the WiFi method in the program. However after it tells me that "A folder could not be made" or something similar to that anyway. What's causing this?

Which revision of the loader are you updating from?

I'm not sure, I'll double check, but I think its 600.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dont think there is a PAL version of USB Loader... Maybe there is copy protection on the disc?

Gonna try with a original game and report back.

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
razorback78 said:
mqark said:
Hi, I'm predominately using the USB Loader GX Channel from the first page and when I update through the internal update feature of USB Loader GX I now have two HBCs, one v6xx (whatever it is) one v713!!!
How do I know which one is which so I can delete the older one - as they both appear in the data manager with exactly the same title?

Also - I love having the cover art download feature back in the modified 714 - thanks so much for the mod
grog.gif
. This I use from the homebrew channel version installed on SD as it's quite easy to update this (as I don't yet understand where channels live and if they can be modified outside of the WAD).
Is there any way to inject this modded dol into the USB Loader Channel? I'm brand new to the wii modding scene (but certainly not new to modding) and there's a lot to learn about channels and wads.

Thanks.
as far as i understand, ur question is how to look for the release revision of ur usb loader gx right? u may see this at the settings menu of usb loader gx. then select credits. on ur screen will be the talented guys who made this loader and what ur looking for is located at the top right corner of the screen.

regarding ur concern on injecting the new .dol revision of ur loader gx on the channel u may use wadder3.0 which u can see on wadder.net...but i would suggest that you use a usb loader gx forwarder channel so that ur loading the .dol from the apps folder. u could find good forwarder channels also at wadder.net. u will also learn there how forwarder channels work.

hope this helps. good luck.

Hi, no - I know which version is which when the program is run as I've done what you've suggested and checked the version number. It's when I try to delete first one that's installed from the channel with version 640 (or some number around there - one of the first ones that let you upgrade from within the program that I found). It's after this upgrade that USB Loader GX then creates another channel with the newer dol in - however both channels appear as exactly the same name in the wii system menu and therefore when you go to the datamanagement tool in the wii system menus to try to remove one you have two apparently identical entries and I can't tell which one to delete.

I will probably do as oldboy suggests and just make a careful note of the id's using a program that displays them (can't remember the name of it right now - not near my wii now) if there's something on there other than UNLR and the other programs once I've cleared the two channels then it must be that one.

It looks like I'll be using the forwarder though as I like the idea of being able to drop updated dol's into a folder as and when I like and retain control over how things are organised and work.

Cheers for your help so far guys, I appreciate it!

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cyclonius said:
What settings does it take to get rygar battle of argus pal to work? all i get is a black screen and brave a warrior's tale gives me the loading screen then it freezes there.....4.0 wii ...gx loader 713.......cios 9

CIOS 9? FFS, install the latest. I tried Brave yesterday and it worked just fine using the latest one.

Cyclonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got brave working....however i just dumped rygar ntsc and deleted the pal and all is fine again........i don't upgrade much unless i have to.....if its not broke then i don't fix it...... thanks for the reply.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the prtoblem with this loader from few days... don't update anymore, no cover download anymore and ocarina don't works (black screen after launch game).

I've try to delete all my config file, always the same problems.

Come On team, go go go!!!

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wiitdb is down, so no cover downloading. Use a modded version found somewhere in this thread. Ocarina doesn't work, no-one knows why, but I don't know why yours doesn't update, mine updates fine.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aabbccdd said:
Wiitdb is down, so no cover downloading. Use a modded version found somewhere in this thread. Ocarina doesn't work, no-one knows why, but I don't know why yours doesn't update, mine updates fine.

Ocarina is working fine for me with the latest version

D

Deleted-119707

Rambytes said:
What the prtoblem with this loader from few days... don't update anymore, no cover download anymore and ocarina don't works (black screen after launch game).

you cant make them hurry up.
manualy download the covers. unless your a lazy tw@.
ocarina? be a man and dont use it.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
telling him to do it manually does not fix the problem with the server for both the covers and the loader its self. i also think a settings.xml with known settings to get problem games to work is essential.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Rambytes said:

About Ocarina you can look here: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=827
The database/cover site (wiitdb.com) will be back as soon as the new server is available.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
telling him to do it manually does not fix the problem with the server for both the covers and the loader its self. i also think a settings.xml with known settings to get problem games to work is essential.

There is no server problem with the loader itself. If you are having trouble updating...manually install a newer revision. All updates are tested by me before I report them here. If you are trying to update from 100 revisions back you are probably going to have issues.

There is no server problem with the covers. The site that hosts them is moving. Please wait patiently. A lack of covers in no way prevents you from playing the games.

If you are concerned about "problem game" settings, start your own thread that lists them all. They will not create a settings.xml because everyone uses different cIOS and settings. For instance, I use cIOS 222 rev 3 globally with my 002Fix set to ANTI and EVERY SINGLE GAME WORKS PERFECTLY. The only changes I ever have to make is to set my video mode to AUTOPATCH for out of region games. I've never even installed cIOS 249 rev14, I still have rev 12 installed (and never use it). A lot of people use rev 10, some people use rev 9... The coders are not going to force anyone to install any certain cIOS to use their loader properly.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... i've try many time and the loader update without problem...

But ocarina don't work too...

and for nicky041192, if I want to use ocarina, it's my decision... and if you want to know why, it's for Wii Sports Resort, to have more than 5min in the flight event.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
the site says latest version is r713, did u compile r715 yourself?? this loader moves so fast man lol

edit -- nvm i checked the gcode page and pulled it from the svn myself.

r715 has been available for WiFi update through the loader for 2 days now. Unless I am out of town, they are on the server within 24hrs. of svn update. I announce all updates here in this thread and all revisions I put on the server are available from my files link in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer