• Replies 29,374
  • Likes 48

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dougy86 said:
Games will not load [black screen] after enabling Ocarina [worked first time w/ MadWorld NTSC-USA] otherwise games load+play fine when Ocarina disabled

My system firmware is 3.3J
cIOS 38 rev14
USB Loader GX rev714

Any help with me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Seems to be a bug with Ocarina in those versions (this turned out to be my problem as well). Chances are the solution is to just wait for a version that has this issue fixed.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - r715 dol/channel will be compiled and uploaded to the server by Midnight EST tonight. Most likely sooner but give me till then (at work).

Also, make sure to update all when updating the dol since the language files are involved in this update.

D

Deleted-119707

0ld8oy said:
FYI - r715 dol/channel will be compiled and uploaded to the server by Midnight EST tonight. Most likely sooner but give me till then (at work).

Also, make sure to update all when updating the dol since the language files are involved in this update.
language files are required now in the latest rev?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
0ld8oy said:

language files are required now in the latest rev?

No, they are not required. Language files are just what the update pertains to. If you don't use the language files at all then this update is not necessary.

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get an over 255 lines message and then a black screen when trying to load brawl+. Is there a way to fix this? I have the latest rev that is downloadable directly through usbloader gx.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revision 715 dol and channel are now available for download via the USB Loader GX wifi update feature. Click on the source list link in my signature to view changes.

rmh3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't installed a new game in about a month due to a bad drive motor. Drive motor is now replaced and games work great, BUUUUUUT now I'm seeing "file not found on server" issues for every image it tries to pull down... anyone have any ideas?
FYI; I just upgraded to 714 through the UI, so I know it's seeing the connection properly.

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm predominately using the USB Loader GX Channel from the first page and when I update through the internal update feature of USB Loader GX I now have two HBCs, one v6xx (whatever it is) one v713!!!
How do I know which one is which so I can delete the older one - as they both appear in the data manager with exactly the same title?

Also - I love having the cover art download feature back in the modified 714 - thanks so much for the mod
grog.gif
. This I use from the homebrew channel version installed on SD as it's quite easy to update this (as I don't yet understand where channels live and if they can be modified outside of the WAD).
Is there any way to inject this modded dol into the USB Loader Channel? I'm brand new to the wii modding scene (but certainly not new to modding) and there's a lot to learn about channels and wads.

Thanks.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mqark said:
Hi, I'm predominately using the USB Loader GX Channel from the first page and when I update through the internal update feature of USB Loader GX I now have two HBCs, one v6xx (whatever it is) one v713!!!
How do I know which one is which so I can delete the older one - as they both appear in the data manager with exactly the same title?

Also - I love having the cover art download feature back in the modified 714 - thanks so much for the mod
grog.gif
. This I use from the homebrew channel version installed on SD as it's quite easy to update this (as I don't yet understand where channels live and if they can be modified outside of the WAD).
Is there any way to inject this modded dol into the USB Loader Channel? I'm brand new to the wii modding scene (but certainly not new to modding) and there's a lot to learn about channels and wads.

Thanks.
as far as i understand, ur question is how to look for the release revision of ur usb loader gx right? u may see this at the settings menu of usb loader gx. then select credits. on ur screen will be the talented guys who made this loader and what ur looking for is located at the top right corner of the screen.

regarding ur concern on injecting the new .dol revision of ur loader gx on the channel u may use wadder3.0 which u can see on wadder.net...but i would suggest that you use a usb loader gx forwarder channel so that ur loading the .dol from the apps folder. u could find good forwarder channels also at wadder.net. u will also learn there how forwarder channels work.

hope this helps. good luck.

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I attempt to update this using the WiFi method in the program. However after it tells me that "A folder could not be made" or something similar to that anyway. What's causing this?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aabbccdd said:
Hmm, rev 713 seems to be the latest on the homepage, why?

The homepage and the server are maintained by different people who have different schedules and different priorities. I've been keeping the server updated lately precisely so people wouldn't be on here complaining that they can't get the newest revision. Whenever the server is updated, both the dol and channel are available from my files link in my signature. If you'd like access to these files and the homepage has not been updated yet, you can bookmark this link and get them from here.

mqark said:

grog.gif

Thanks.

If you have two HBC versions you need to delete the folder from your apps folder on your SD/USB that is NOT named: usbloader_gx
The underscore is required. If it is two different channels you are seeing, your best best would be to uninstall them both with wad manager and then grab the most recent one from my files link in my signature. Not sure if the coders changed the ID of the channel at some point back then. It should be ULNR.

As far as creating your own channel wad of the mod, it has to be done manually as changes to the source are required for a channel as opposed to the dol. If you inject the dol as is into a wad it will not update properly. There's an adjustment that needs to take place for the channel.dol which means that each revision has to be compiled two separate times. This is why previous to my takeover of the server updating responsiblities the channel did not get updated as often. Also, creating a channel wad of the modded version would be pretty pointless since the update feature would still give you whatever is on the server and not a modded version of it. So, until the wiitdb site is back up, you'll have to hope that the gentleman who put the mod out there continues to do so for each revision and you'll have to manually update your dol each time. Or, you can do what most other people are doing and just manually add your covers. Before anyone asks, I will not put anything on the server other than what the coders have intended so you will not see any "modded" versions of GX available for WiFi update.

QUOTE(harrypmgaga @ Aug 22 2009, 09:41 AM)
I attempt to update this using the WiFi method in the program. However after it tells me that "A folder could not be made" or something similar to that anyway. What's causing this?

Which revision of the loader are you updating from?

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
plasmata said:
fennec said:
plasmata said:
I have DDR2 working but not sure about DDR1. Keep in mind that there are different mats for DDR1 and DDR2. They are not interchangeable. Mine came with an adapter thats used for DDR2. DDR1 presumably would work without it. When it comes to game compatibility it is always best to check the compatibility list first and I would recommend that people add to the list their findings/settings to make games work.

Hi plasmata, can I ask you what cios are you using ?
I know 3rd party mats are not compatible with DDR2. I checked compatibility list but it does say if it works with mats (and 3rd party ones), although playing DDR without one must be very boring !

Thank you for you answer !

I'm using cios 12 with GX 648 although it worked with earlier GX versions as well. My 3rd party mats claim to work with both DDR versions but I've only tried DDR2 with the adapter.

I installed cIOS 13b instead of 14 and it is now working !!

Thx
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P