Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
marinos35 said:
Bassetts said:
I apologise in advance if this has been answered but I have trawled the thread and search various terms but have not found a definite answer. Does USBLoader GX download/update the wiitdb.zip itself or does this always have to be done manually? It looks like it should be automatic if correct WiFi settings are present but I cannot get it to download. I have seen some people saying wiitdb.zip is updated when the update all option is selected but when I try an update I just get told everything is up-to-date.
the update all option updates it, but if there isn't a new rev out I think it doesn't download anything. If you check the downloads section at the site at my sig you will see a guide of how to update it manually with the help of your pc (or just press 2 at the loader to show the info window and read the very tiny letters at the bottom)

Thanks for the clarification, I shall add a request on the bug tracker as it seems common sense to update the wiitdb file even if there is not a new version of USB Loader GX out, people will be adding new games at any time.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bassetts said:
marinos35 said:
Bassetts said:
I apologise in advance if this has been answered but I have trawled the thread and search various terms but have not found a definite answer. Does USBLoader GX download/update the wiitdb.zip itself or does this always have to be done manually? It looks like it should be automatic if correct WiFi settings are present but I cannot get it to download. I have seen some people saying wiitdb.zip is updated when the update all option is selected but when I try an update I just get told everything is up-to-date.
the update all option updates it, but if there isn't a new rev out I think it doesn't download anything. If you check the downloads section at the site at my sig you will see a guide of how to update it manually with the help of your pc (or just press 2 at the loader to show the info window and read the very tiny letters at the bottom)

Thanks for the clarification, I shall add a request on the bug tracker as it seems common sense to update the wiitdb file even if there is not a new version of USB Loader GX out, people will be adding new games at any time.

This functionality was removed. Probably trying to avoid issues reminiscent of those with djtaz and abusing the privilege of downloading/using up unnecessary bandwidth.

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
Bassetts said:
marinos35 said:
Bassetts said:

This functionality was removed. Probably trying to avoid issues reminiscent of those with djtaz and abusing the privilege of downloading/using up unnecessary bandwidth.

I see, it is a shame when the minority abuse a great service like this and make it so the majority cannot have a nice feature such as updating the file when a new game is added. At least it still generates a URL for the games you have I suppose
smile.gif

On another note I have noticed that when downloading covers I seem to be getting German ones for PAL games even though my language setting on the console and app are English and there are English covers available on WiiTDB when doing a manual search of the game ID. Does anyone know why this would be?

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I am also getting German names for games from WiiTDB now, and I would assume that it will do the same for cover downloads...

Could someone answer my question on Channel loading and the 002 error, though?

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
Hrugnir said:
Yes, I am also getting German names for games from WiiTDB now, and I would assume that it will do the same for cover downloads...

Could someone answer my question on Channel loading and the 002 error, though?

I just got a German 3D cover and an English disc image for the same game, seems a bit random.

Not sure about the 002 error, I got a few 002's when using Backup Launcher Gamma and NeoGamma with the option turned off but have not had the chance to try with USB Loader GX with the option off yet. Maybe you have just not played any games that are affected by it? There is a page on the wiki about which games get a 002 error.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Bassetts said:
On another note I have noticed that when downloading covers I seem to be getting German ones for PAL games even though my language setting on the console and app are English and there are English covers available on WiiTDB when doing a manual search of the game ID. Does anyone know why this would be?Please give me a few game IDs so I can check. The requested language can't change from game to game when covers are downloaded so there must be some German covers uploaded as English ones.

QUOTE(ChokeD @ Aug 1 2009, 12:27 AM) I forget who told me to send them to them for the image server but here they are.
Thanks, I think that would be me
smile.gif

I'm afraid a lot of the missing ones are custom discs (GX doesn't download any custom discs but they are on the server), and some are from the wrong region. If anyone feels like helping, feel free to sort it and upload them on the site, otherwise I'll do it later.
The problem with such packs is that it takes a long time to sort, adding pictures directly on the site saves a lot of time for everyone.

For those that didn't follow the dedicated thread, here's a reminder.
There are a google image search links on each page so when a game exists in the database finding the artwork is just a matter of shift-clicking on the link (even for localized titles), and using the size options to pick the biggest/cleanest version of the artwork.
Missing information/artwork is shown in the game list so it's easy to spot what's missing if you're just looking at filling the blanks.
- you can upload jpg or png, there is no need to resize, high resolution welcome.
- 3D covers are generated automatically
- there is no need to add transparency to discs, the picture just needs to be square.

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
Bassetts said:
On another note I have noticed that when downloading covers I seem to be getting German ones for PAL games even though my language setting on the console and app are English and there are English covers available on WiiTDB when doing a manual search of the game ID. Does anyone know why this would be?
Please give me a few game IDs so I can check. The requested language can't change from game to game when covers are downloaded so there must be some German covers uploaded as English ones.

Off the top of my head the only one I can remember that I got a German cover but English disc for was R42P69, I have manually downloaded the covers and discs now but I will hopefully get some time to see if getting the covers via USB Loader GX gives me any other anomalous results soon.

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
Bassetts said:
Off the top of my head the only one I can remember that I got a German cover but English disc for was R42P69
I updated this one on july 17, it was probably wrong before.
If anybody else sees wrong covers, post the ID on dedicated thread and they'll be fixed.

I got the incorrect cover downloaded today, just before I posted about it. I will be sure to test the rest of the games I have when I get some time and post any problems to the thread.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r694 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • Some changes to the Carousel:
  • *Added a ToolTip
  • *Added GameName under the covers
  • *Fixed Crash with no Favorites in list.
  • NOTE: I'll add a better coming out effect for the covers, for now there is only a slow big ZoomOut which isnt too bad either.

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. I was gone for an afternoon. So many questions lol
laugh.gif
Think most have been answered, in part at least.

One question. Warlord. Did you manage to get the WAD sent agian, if so, how? Because when I tried I got the same sort of errors.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r695 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • add filter to hide channels that are installed on the SD card for 4.0 and 4.1. for this to work, the SD card with the channel installed on it must be in the Wii.

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
new carousel effect: might look better if you moved the selected game on top of the one to the right? so it looks like its coming towards the screen, and so you can see the whole box. not sure how to transition this though, might look odd as it passes through other box!

the enlarge/shrink is a bit too slow imho - make it twice as quick and i'll be happy
smile.gif

small bug: if you move the carousel with the crosspad or +/- and keep the cursor still, when you stop, the selected game doesnt enlarge (although its still selected).

it's possible to change the gamename colour right? (because the theme authors haven't done that yet and blue on blue isnt looking good
wink.gif
)

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how my hard drive suddenly became slow over the last few revisions...never had a problem before, but now suddenly its being ridiculed by the devs of gx.

haters.

Ory

Trophies
XP
Country
r695 is still crashing for me when trying to enter the Favorites list while having no favorites. The .dol actually won't run for me at all now because I assume it's trying to re-enter the Favorites screen upon load.

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to autoupdate the loader when it is injected/installed into preloader at wii boot? With these updates all the time its a pane to have to reinstall the loader after updating the binary into preloader.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
Is there any way to autoupdate the loader when it is injected/installed into preloader at wii boot? With these updates all the time its a pane to have to reinstall the loader after updating the binary into preloader.

no

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if this has been mentioned !

would it be possible to implement a roll back feature , so you can roll back to another / previous revision ?

or when you update you get 2 options , one for stable revision and one for latest revision ?

just a thought
wink2.gif

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geedub said:

would it be possible to implement a roll back feature , so you can roll back to another / previous revision ?

or when you update you get 2 options , one for stable revision and one for latest revision ?

just a thought
wink2.gif
I second this, or an option to update or downgrade to any rev on the server.

D

Deleted-119707

geedub said:

just a thought
wink2.gif

i second this.
im waiting for a new stable version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...