• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Got ignored last time because someone asked a more interesting question righta fter me, so I'l ask again.

I'm attempting to setup Ocarina for use with USBL GX, however whenever I set up a hack (even one hack, or hell just turning Ocarina ON with NO hacks) it won't work, it just sends me to a black screen.

How do I fix this? I have cIOS36r13 , newest version of USBLGX (updated it 2 days ago, probably a newerversion by now, but I'll check version soon).

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, and it's bothering me, because I want this for an easy to unlock those annoyingly time consuming to obtain Mario KArt characters.

havent tried ocarina on the latest usbloader, but you do know theres a newer cios? cios38 rev14. try installing that, not sure if itll fix your issue though. also are you using the txtcodes or making your own with the ocarina cheats manager? the manager worked for me in creating .gct files and placing them in the codes folder.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured out why wiitdb was locking up my wii when pressing 2. Seems if you manually update to the latest revision and create the wiitdb.zip manually, it wont work. I went to a lower revision, did the update all and it finally worked that way.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
Empyr69er said:
when you guys use the alt dol option from the disc, do you get a pop up saying the something like"you have some useful information that our development team would like to know, please contact us" or something along those lines? I get it everytime.

It would be helpful to know the information that it tells you. The fact that you have this information isn't helpful at all. what is useful is the the game ID and the number.

hey giantpune, I loaded the alt. dols off disc with Medal of Honor:Heroes 2 and Wii Sports Resort. The trick worked perfectly.. I will get you those game ID's for you..I'm copying a drive for a friend right now. I'm sure you know what alt. dols I used were to get these games to work, lol. GREAT work on this loader btw! Your team rocks.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
Pyrofyr said:
Got ignored last time because someone asked a more interesting question righta fter me, so I'l ask again.

I'm attempting to setup Ocarina for use with USBL GX, however whenever I set up a hack (even one hack, or hell just turning Ocarina ON with NO hacks) it won't work, it just sends me to a black screen.

How do I fix this? I have cIOS36r13 , newest version of USBLGX (updated it 2 days ago, probably a newerversion by now, but I'll check version soon).

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, and it's bothering me, because I want this for an easy to unlock those annoyingly time consuming to obtain Mario KArt characters.

havent tried ocarina on the latest usbloader, but you do know theres a newer cios? cios38 rev14. try installing that, not sure if itll fix your issue though. also are you using the txtcodes or making your own with the ocarina cheats manager? the manager worked for me in creating .gct files and placing them in the codes folder.

I wasn't sure if going to cIOS38 instead of cIOS36 would mess something up, if it won't, 'll do it once I get a chance later today.

QUOTE(lithium210 @ Jul 29 2009, 10:47 PM)
figured out why wiitdb was locking up my wii when pressing 2. Seems if you manually update to the latest revision and create the wiitdb.zip manually, it wont work. I went to a lower revision, did the update all and it finally worked that way.
Interesting, I 'update all'd myself as well. Seems the better option, less complication

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 29 2009, 07:03 PM) ok interesting..

still getting this failing to load game problem with dual partition & cios rev 14..
frown.gif

however think I have investigated something further into it, which may shed some light on it...

when I get prompted on boot to select cios revision (which may I add is very rarely, only came about because I was messing with preloader b4hand), I then select IOS 249 the game menu then loads almost instantly, games will start no problem!...

However if I don't get prompted to select cios (majority of the time) menu/gx loads but, games will not load...

testing latest revision btw..

may I re-iterate I had no problem using dual partition prior to to version 648...

hope this find helps somewhat to fixing the problem...

How do you boot your loader? It sounds more like a drive issue than a cIOS or loader issue, like your drive is not fully on when you boot the loader.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r674 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • now if the name of installed channels is not in the database.txt, we try to fine it from inside the channel itself. first try the 00000000.app with the system language, then with english. if there is still no name for the title, look in banner.bin
  • also made a kick-ass clone of the wii settings screen to adjust the normal wii settings. it is after all the channels.
  • Language files updated
  • Little fixes

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r675 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • code cleanup (or as Pune puts it "code beautification")

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

Posts merged

djricekcn said:
what does the tool, Neo uploaded on the last page, do?

Allows you to send DOL/ELF/WAD files from your PC to your Wii wirelessly. GX can accept WAD's sent to it and install/uninstall them directly.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
what does the tool, Neo uploaded on the last page, do?
Sends and installs wads, dols, elfs from your computer to your wii with the option to uninstall them also. Read the fine print very slowly and it kinda tells you that.

Politely advised,
ChokeD

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
r674 & 675 = IOS223 killers. Either black screen or restarts to system menu. r672 works fine.

Interestingly enough, last night I decided to (just for shits and giggles) install Hermes cIOS alongside Waninkoko's cIOS. However I don't think I have any games that require 222 or 223. Which games do? Is it just RB and GH? I'll use it as part of my testing before uploading.

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 30 2009, 01:03 AM) ok interesting..

still getting this failing to load game problem with dual partition & cios rev 14..
frown.gif

however think I have investigated something further into it, which may shed some light on it...

when I get prompted on boot to select cios revision (which may I add is very rarely, only came about because I was messing with preloader b4hand), I then select IOS 249 the game menu then loads almost instantly, games will start no problem!...

However if I don't get prompted to select cios (majority of the time) menu/gx loads but, games will not load...

testing latest revision btw..

may I re-iterate I had no problem using dual partition prior to to version 648...

hope this find helps somewhat to fixing the problem...

Just tried doing this myself with revision 675... It's true! Everything works great if you first disconnect the USB device, then select IOS on the connect screen. Doing the same thing if having the USB cord in when starting the loader, gives me a code dump at game start.'

Edit: Some info

4.0E
GX rev 675 (although the same problem applies for all revisions starting with 648)
cIOS 38 rev 14
3 partitions on a WD Elements 1 TB - which is the exact same setup as sl33p, for whom everything works (although he might not have the 1 TB version).

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
bonjour guys, kwik suggestion, maybe a bit late for this.

pisses me off that everytime i go back into the main list from accessing the disc settings /renaming that the list goes back to the start again.

would itbe possible to go back to the point in the list where the disc screen was accessed.
e.g. if i click on guitar hero and download a cheat, then go back into the list, the list refreshes then goes back to the start. i would prefer to go back to the guiotar hero name instead

thoughts?
cheers

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
jservs7 said:
r674 & 675 = IOS223 killers. Either black screen or restarts to system menu. r672 works fine.

Interestingly enough, last night I decided to (just for shits and giggles) install Hermes cIOS alongside Waninkoko's cIOS. However I don't think I have any games that require 222 or 223. Which games do? Is it just RB and GH? I'll use it as part of my testing before uploading.
I only use it for 2 games myself: The Conduit (Multiplayer reasons and zero lag in menus) and Monster Hunter G (only IOS that got the game working for me). Of course they had to be my fav games, that's why I'm always yapping about it when a rev comes out that does not function.

Even when I have found a rev that works, it's usually a hit or miss thing. Sometimes it works on a first go, sometimes I still get a black screen once or twice, then it will go after a shutdown or 2 and restart.

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive read on here and other people have this fixed. I cant seem to get mine to work no matter what i try. I have the latest stable release. when i go to play Indiana jones and staff or ghostbusters, it reboots me to the main menu. Ive tried it with and without 002 fix on. Currently using cios 14. ive deleted and formated my sd card so i have no config files and still nothing. any ideas?

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiinie said:
ive read on here and other people have this fixed. I cant seem to get mine to work no matter what i try. I have the latest stable release. when i go to play Indiana jones and staff or ghostbusters, it reboots me to the main menu. Ive tried it with and without 002 fix on. Currently using cios 14. ive deleted and formated my sd card so i have no config files and still nothing. any ideas?

Do you have dual partitions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone