• Views 7,182,442
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

nargles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to rev600, everything was working fine, then I moved some saves over to another HDD using WBFS Manager, then deleted them off of the drive that I actually use on my wii. Since then, all attempts to backup games to said drive have failed using all revisions, so it would be a problem with my HDD right?

So my question is: do you have to delete backups through the wii on USB Loader GX? Or can you use WBFS manager?

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R600 and R601 crashes on me all the time. I deleted the global cfg file and was able to get back in only to have it crash on me by changing it to use XML titles. Even when I didn't use it, it would crash after viewing a few descriptions in games. The description not overlapping is a nice addition when it is working
smile.gif
. Went back to R596.

Any chance of having it update your wiitdb.zip file from within the program anytime soon?

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just used the update all function and now im unable to use usb loader gx.

it worked since im using it but till today it doesnt work any more.
after it said restarting i was unable to start it again, not via HBC also not via forwarder.
will try to download it again now from pc...

d popcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluescreen81 said:
i just used the update all function and now im unable to use usb loader gx.

it worked since im using it but till today it doesnt work any more.
after it said restarting i was unable to start it again, not via HBC also not via forwarder.
will try to download it again now from pc...
Yes
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the Iomega 1tb drive no workie at all with the loader..
the WD My Book model WD10000h1u-00 workie workie

8)

i will continue to test on the other issue to help you guys pinpoint the problems.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
that would be amazing. the one thing ive want from the start. i also hope they make a menu for when wiiware and vc games are playable on hhd when rev 14 comes out!!!!

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
laurozza said:
laurozza said:
I have a problem using the loader without a SD card.
I install the r???.dol in preloader, while config and cover on the FAT partition(first partition and active) of my HDD.
Sometimes it works with no problem, loading everything from the FAT partition.
Sometimes no. Seems that it don't find and load the config files, and the loader return with the default paths, pointed to SD. With covers e config don't loaded. If i change the paths from SD to USB, it loads the cover...but won't save the changing without a SD inserted.
I don't know why it loads correctly from hard disk and sometimes not. Maybe my HDD (a portable Verbatim 320 GB) isn't perfectly compatible.
I've tried even the latest rev, many cios version, but the problem still remain.
Maybe changing the default paths of the dol from SD to USB can solve this? Or a button to reload the HDD(like the SD one)?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope this can be solved.
Impossible to solve?
In the end i changed loader. Using Configurable USB Loader, the FAT partition is detected every time with no problem loading cover & co.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, great stuff!

I've a question.. I want to be able to load GX when I push my power button, and not see the normal Wii channels screen. Now, I've managed to do this, but the down side is that its a royal pain to access VC/WiiWare games on my SD Card. I'm curious if one of the two are possible..

1.) Create some kind of link on the HDD that the loader can see, and ultimately load a WiiWare game.

2.) Have a button within GX to open Wii's SD Menu?

Sorry if this was addressed in this thread already.. 550+ pages is a bit much to scan through.

-TIA

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Upgraded to rev 600 this morning.

Still the exact same issues concerning Ocarina.

If no cht file exists, trying to load a game will result in a crash and a big long code dump.

Loading a game that has a cht file results in a black screen, and the Wii crashes.

As far as I'm concerned, I see absolutely no difference in the past few releases compared to this one really. Everything that worked before works, and everything that was broken is still broken.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Upgraded to rev 600 this morning.

Still the exact same issues concerning Ocarina.

If no cht file exists, trying to load a game will result in a crash and a big long code dump.

Loading a game that has a cht file results in a black screen, and the Wii crashes.

As far as I'm concerned, I see absolutely no difference in the past few releases compared to this one really. Everything that worked before works, and everything that was broken is still broken.

Ive found that GX crashes when you have ocarina turned on but no file, turn ocarina off when you dont want to cheat, Make sure your .cht files are named correctly to the game your using, EG: for Super Mario Galaxy (Pal) my file is called "RMGP01" Are your code files made correctly? If you download the .txt file, use the cheat manager and import that .txt file, that will make the code much easier to make. Im on rev 600 and i have no issues at all, using cheats for Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, etc and no problems

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all praise in this post..

check it out..

kids go to grandmas 4 two weeks with wii and games.

lego star wars was destroyed (scratches beyond scratches) first someone stood on the case and crushed it, second, looked like they held the disc down in the cover and spun it around very hard like with their finger creating the scratches.

Wii could no longer boot game.

wii loader gx rev 600 could rip game to drive...

game saved!!!

many hazaahs!

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, does it play properly? you might encounter a problem later down the line, I am not sure if GX can detect a beggered disk

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhere around 80 percent it slowed down to a trickle for a bit. so far it loads. although tonight I will play it with my son. hopefully it does.. if not i may have to get it professionally restored for about 5 dollars. none of the scratches are deep, but the circular scratches are still scary...

Right now i am ripping my library to the drive.. so about 20 games later I can tell ya hehe.. i took a close look at my collection and you know what.. some are kid games, some are family and some are mine only.. but all together, the wii does have a solid library of games. reminds me of the nes games..

geez, and that reminds me.. with the VC back catalog.. it really delivers.. so thanks nintendo. but next, lets leave the black pixels of death alone...

I think i can confirm a bug..

::BUG::
this is the second time i have ripped Naruto clash rev 2 to a drive and both times, the cursor pointer disappears on me. so thats 2 for 2.. just a reboot will fix it, but at least I can still point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon