• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I've been playing hot potato with the new builds in finding which ones work with the latest Hermes' cIOS.
tongue.gif

Tried 591 & 596. One works with the new 222 & 223, one doesn't. Both freeze up if I start a game with my Wii Motion Plus attachment on if the game does not support it. I'll be sticking with 584 for now.
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightwalker said:
Disc Image download still doesn't work
frown.gif

QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Jul 12 2009, 11:29 PM) yup, I have 90 images not on file
unsure.gif

It's not that the function doesn't work. I just tested and got 40% of the ones requested. The issue is that we are not downloading the custom made disc images anymore. It seems that there are custom made ones for just about every game. Instead we are downloading the original disc art which is largely missing from the server. If you want to make yourself useful, just scan your game dvds and upload them to the server. It doesn't matter if they are english or not. If everybody helps out instead of complaining and letting on or two people do all the work it will get done sooner. There is nothing you can really say here about missing images (especially if you haven't uploaded any yourself). Your best bet is to either upload them or put in a request at the server and sit on your hands and be patient.

If you really want to just have any old image and you don't care if it is original or custom, then just use a version of the loader that was downloading all the custom ones. They should still work fine.

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've gone through quite a bit of information and I have not seen this yet.

Say I have 1 game on the USB drive

using the Gx loader any revision
ios249
game page loads up and say I run the game the conduit.

then, after taking everything down, I go to the computer, and load up my next game onto the drive,
now there are 2 images on the usb drive. (both reading correctly though wbfs 3.0)

load up USBloader again (though the HBC) and look, now I have games but they share the same information.

so instead of game 2 different games on the loader screen. I have two games with 1 games information all over.

So now i have two games in the list called the conduit and not 2 individual games listed.

I have done many steps, like getting the new revisions of gx loader, deleting the config files and what not. The only strange thing I noticed on the SD card was that the wad folder had a bunch of what looked like corrupted names and files (a bunch of squares and ASCII and what not).... but that wouldn't really effect the loader would it?

any ideas? I did look on the gx ask a question and it looks like someone else is having the same issue that I am but they have not answered the question at all.

Thanks for your time,
Rathelfrog

edit::trying format of sd card now... will post if this fixes issue
edit::thats a big negative.. still not fixed.. hmmm..

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang it! i got a code dump screen! its the one from the first page, V1.0
code dump address is:
80c11dcc: 8115ED00 81153D00 8110BAE0 8110C4E8
80c11ddc: 80C11DD4 80C11DD4 810BE858 810BE858
80c11dec: 810BEA40 8110D6C8 811606F0 811606F0
[THIS HAPPENS AFTER I CLICK ON THE + SIGN INDICATING 'INSTALL A GAME'] =[

hobosapien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm having a problem guys, I just installed the update for r596 with the forwarder but when I load the app all I get is a black screen. This happens whether i'm initializing it from the forwarder OR threw the homebrew channel. If it helps, I was upgrading from r516, which worked wonderfully.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, when i went into USB Loader GX formatting it as WBFS, i hit 'format' and when i went back into the regular wii menu, everything was gone under the SD tabs[including data and channels, etc] and SD card menu?? help me out here please ='[

knoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rathelfrog said:

ios249

then, after taking everything down, I go to the computer, and load up my next game onto the drive,
now there are 2 images on the usb drive. (both reading correctly though wbfs 3.0)

load up USBloader again (though the HBC) and look, now I have games but they share the same information.

so instead of game 2 different games on the loader screen. I have two games with 1 games information all over.

So now i have two games in the list called the conduit and not 2 individual games listed.

I have the same problem, and i haven't a solution either.

I'll give you an example:

In WBFS Manager (the sizes are made-up, I'm not at home right now):

Ghostbusters (2.7 GB)
Okami (4.2 GB)
Zelda (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

In USB Loader GX:

Wario Ware (2.7 GB)
Wario Ware (4.2 GB)
Wario Ware (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

As you see, the ISO-sizes are the only things that differ. And the only thing that boots is WarioWare, no mater which one I boot.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey USB Loader GX Team,

Fantastic product, but the latest version seems to have some bugs.

Ocarina seems to be broken. If Ocarina is disabled, games boot no problem. If Ocarina is on and there is no code file for a game, the screen will partially fade and the Wii will crash. If it is on and there is a code file, it will fade to the black screen, but the game will never load.

Once I turned off Ocarina in the Game Load options, all games booted fine. In the previous version, it gave me an exception error with a code dump -- this time it just locks up.

Also, when you go to boot a game and change its options, clicking on the Ocarina graphic always returns 'No code file found' even if there is a code file (which I've verified).

Thanx,
--Henry

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Ocarina seems to be broken. If Ocarina is disabled, games boot no problem. If Ocarina is on and there is no code file for a game, the screen will partially fade and the Wii will crash. If it is on and there is a code file, it will fade to the black screen, but the game will never load.

Just upgraded from r581 to r600m and noticed same thing, for me if Ocarina was ON in game setting it will just fade to black screen and lock up Wii. If I set to OFF game loads no problem.

777james

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to backup games using USB loader from the retail disc that would allow me to burn them so that they play in the disc channel? All my backups that I have downloaded play just fine using the standard "disc channel," but the games that I have installed from a retail disc using usb loader gx and then burnt to a dvd will not play in the "disc channel" but must be played using gecko os.

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knoll said:
rathelfrog said:

ios249

I have the same problem, and i haven't a solution either.

I'll give you an example:

In WBFS Manager (the sizes are made-up, I'm not at home right now):

Ghostbusters (2.7 GB)
Okami (4.2 GB)
Zelda (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

In USB Loader GX:

Wario Ware (2.7 GB)
Wario Ware (4.2 GB)
Wario Ware (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

As you see, the ISO-sizes are the only things that differ. And the only thing that boots is WarioWare, no mater which one I boot.

I also wanted to add, that If I remove one game from the two game example, the other game loads fine and is recognized fine, its just when they are paired up does the duplication happen. Also the download covers does recognize the individual copies when there is only one game on the drive..

i.e. if the conduit is on it, then it shows conduit
if yu gi oh is on it, then it shows yu gi oh

if both are on it the both iso are represented with the conduit and of course see above for the issue.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all,
Well I got a little problem with the update feature, I see that rev 600 is out so press on the update button and the update goes fine ,but when I go to see if the new version is installed,it took Me back to 516.
Any ideas?
Thanks

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rem300wm said:
Hello to all,
Well I got a little problem with the update feature, I see that rev 600 is out so press on the update button and the update goes fine ,but when I go to see if the new version is installed,it took Me back to 516.
Any ideas?
Thanks

are you using the channel or the forwarder as the channel will never update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5