• Likes 48

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cme said:
Should I use cIOS38 rev13a intead of rev13b?
yes

QUOTE(cme @ Jul 6 2009, 02:19 PM) Another question is how do I see the Wii m+ tutorial videos in games like tiger woods or grand slam tennis if using USB Loader GX? Using the disc i can see the videos.
how many times do you need to see it before youve learned how to plug it in?

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huwie said:
Hi All,

I just hit the "Update All" button on my usb loader gx and now I get a "Exception DSI Occured" error with a black screen.

I'm using cIOS38_rev13a on a 4.0e softmodded wii.

I updated as the loader was a little flakey at recognising my Maxtor 200gb external hd and the changelogs since the version I had indicated that the update might fix it. Should I have just updated the dol when given the option on screen or was I right to click the update all?

Any suggestions would be great.

Huwie.

Sorry to quote myself but my post got gobbled up by discussions about covers and hdd fat...

Can someone please point me in the right direction - I need to uninstall the latest update to the loader, or uninstall the loader completely. I've tried loading an old version of the loader over the top from SD but this hasn't worked, I get a black screen loading the loader...

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replacing the boot dol with an older revision is all thats required, but if you want to give your gx that 'oh so fresh feeling', then delete the config folder and let whatever dol you choose to use recreate it.

cme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
cme said:
Should I use cIOS38 rev13a intead of rev13b?
yes

QUOTE(cme @ Jul 6 2009, 02:19 PM) Another question is how do I see the Wii m+ tutorial videos in games like tiger woods or grand slam tennis if using USB Loader GX? Using the disc i can see the videos.
how many times do you need to see it before youve learned how to plug it in?
Thanks for the answers mate!

Why should I use rev13a instead of rev13b? I can only see people saying that should use rev13a but I wonder why? Can't get this answer...
Rev13b is working OK for me except the thing that I need to switch off - on if I wan't to play another game!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cme said:
Why should I use rev13a instead of rev13b? I can only see people saying that should use rev13a but I wonder why? Can't get this answer...
Rev13b is working OK for me except the thing that I need to switch off - on if I wan't to play another game!
if b is working for you, then by all means continue on with it...but its pretty much universally known to break more things than it purports to fix.

feel free to tinker though, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turok4n64 said:
I guess I'm stupid, but how do I make usb loader gx download the box/disc art?

Click on "no cover" image or press 1 but loader has to be unlocked to download covers.

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I found out why my games would only play if I have playcount>1. It was because of rev13b!!!

Next question, what is this hermes 222 or 223? Should I install it?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me to understand the Hermes 222 IOS or why you would change the IOS USB LOader GX uses from 249?

I'm running SM4.0, rev10, and USB Loader GX 5something off SD. I have over 100 games including all the supposed problem ones like Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones. They all work perfectly. The most I've ever had to do is play around with the 002/anti 002 fix setting to make the game work.

I just trying to figure out why you would need Hermes or why you would want to change the IOS from 249. Have i just not run into these games or is this something specific to certain hardware revisons of the Wii?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
Can someone help me to understand the Hermes 222 IOS or why you would change the IOS USB LOader GX uses from 249?

I'm running SM4.0, rev10, and USB Loader GX 5something off SD. I have over 100 games including all the supposed problem ones like Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones. They all work perfectly. The most I've ever had to do is play around with the 002/anti 002 fix setting to make the game work.

I just trying to figure out why you would need Hermes or why you would want to change the IOS from 249. Have i just not run into these games or is this something specific to certain hardware revisons of the Wii?

different things work for different people

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no but you need to read the stickies. for some reason your wii wont load this app unless you have read the stickies.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
Retrievil said:

Thanks for the response, but I'm looking for more information than that. I'm curious about this because I've 'softmodded' dozens of PS2s and XBOX1s and they all work exactly the same. If I have HDLoader 0.8b on one and you have to set mode3 to make a game work, its the same for every other PS2.

Why is it different with the Wii?

erage2772

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I softmodded my 4.0 using Bannerbomb and used cIOS38_rev13a Installer. I read that cIOS38_rev13b causes you to have to turn off your wii to play a different game. Problem is that I have 13a installed and I have to turn off my Wii to play a 2nd game or all I get is a black screen. Any help?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erage2772 said:
I softmodded my 4.0 using Bannerbomb and used cIOS38_rev13a Installer. I read that cIOS38_rev13b causes you to have to turn off your wii to play a different game. Problem is that I have 13a installed and I have to turn off my Wii to play a 2nd game or all I get is a black screen. Any help?

it does that on 13a too

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
0ld8oy said:
Retrievil said:

Thanks for the response, but I'm looking for more information than that. I'm curious about this because I've 'softmodded' dozens of PS2s and XBOX1s and they all work exactly the same. If I have HDLoader 0.8b on one and you have to set mode3 to make a game work, its the same for every other PS2.

Why is it different with the Wii?

80% of all hacked Wiis were not all hacked the same way. There's 1000 different guides telling noobs to do 1000 different things to their systems. Different sysmenus, different cIOS revisions installed which have different fixes and different bugs... I personally use use cIOS 222 installed as 37 merge 36 globally for all but two of my games and those two games get booted with cIOS 249 rev 12 because it has the "no disc in drive fix" and because it doesn't have the hard reset bug that rev 13 has. For some reason USB Loader GX would go to black screen if I set it globally to 249 and then tried to boot an individual game with 222. I flipped them and now everything boots perfectly. So that's what I mean by different strokes for different folks. Some people have no problem with 249, some do.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Conduit work on this? It just shows black screen for me.
Im using 13a with the latest GX rev.
Ghostbusters works just fine for me.

erage2772

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djricekcn said:
erage2772 said:

it does that on 13a too

Thank you for a quick reply. I thought I screwed it up lol.

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:

Not sure you really got your answer on the HERMES CIOS 222/223. Hermes CIOS from what I understand is basically an alternative to CIOS 249. It also includes a basic function to stop hard drive spin-downs (which works, but I can't confirm how long it actually works). CIOS 223 (Merging IOS 60 w/ 36 --I believe) allows USB instrument support on the second USB slot. But basically it is a preference thing. I have been experimenting with the CIOS 222/223 to try to get my hard drive to stop spinning down as I have an old hard drive, and it doesn't have APM that I can modify.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ThaDraGun said:
Does Conduit work on this? It just shows black screen for me.
Im using 13a with the latest GX rev.
Ghostbusters works just fine for me.

The Conduit works just fine on rev581 and Cios36rev10 installed. By the game settings just set 002fix anti.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?