• Views 7,150,793
  • Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i want to download covers i'll get a code dump when starting a game. If i restart the loader everything is just fine.

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two little questions:
1. Can I just install the latest forwarder or do I need to unistall the previous one?
2. Can I see which version of the forwarder I am using right now. I am not sure to have the latest.

Thanx!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ThaDraGun said:
Does Conduit work on this? It just shows black screen for me.
Im using 13a with the latest GX rev.
Ghostbusters works just fine for me.

working fine for me on rev10 and latest GX wii ver 4.0e

great game

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
jjplayground said:
Two little questions:
1. Can I just install the latest forwarder or do I need to unistall the previous one?
2. Can I see which version of the forwarder I am using right now. I am not sure to have the latest.

Thanx!

1. if you want to but it should replace the previous one installed
2. the latest one is from the 16/6/09 if your not sure replace it and keeep a backup of the old one if it doesnt work properly for you
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
replacing the boot dol with an older revision is all thats required, but if you want to give your gx that 'oh so fresh feeling', then delete the config folder and let whatever dol you choose to use recreate it.

I deleted the config folder from the sd card and replaced the boot.dol in the apps/usbloader_gx folder with the new one but still no banana...

I click the forwarder and it starts to load then resets the wii. I've noticed there's another channe named backup loaderl on the wii home screen as well, it just brings up a black screen with no text or anything, wii is hung and you have to power off. Where did this come from and how do I get rid of it?

So now I have an SD card with apps, images and wad folders, should there be anything else in the root of the sd?

Thanks in advance for any help guys, I've googled away furiously but can't find any answers - I'm such a noob:(

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I hadn't renamed the r581.dol to boot.dol, did that now and it works! Huzzah! Problem, it lists mario kart 3 times instead of the 3 games that I have copied off disc onto the hd, worms and ssbb. No matter which mario kart I click it always loads mario kart so I have no way to access the other games (which both were working before I touched that accursed update button in the loader). It didnt detect my hard drive first time, did second time, didn't third time, why can't it just find my hdd each time, is this the spin down issue?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Huwie said:
Ok, so I hadn't renamed the r581.dol to boot.dol, did that now and it works! Huzzah! Problem, it lists mario kart 3 times instead of the 3 games that I have copied off disc onto the hd, worms and ssbb. No matter which mario kart I click it always loads mario kart so I have no way to access the other games (which both were working before I touched that accursed update button in the loader). It didnt detect my hard drive first time, did second time, didn't third time, why can't it just find my hdd each time, is this the spin down issue?

Sounds like you are in 'Favorites' mode and not in 'normal' mode.
I think you need to klick the star to switch...

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spidy1000 said:
Huwie said:

Sounds like you are in 'Favorites' mode and not in 'normal' mode.
I think you need to klick the star to switch...

Nope, not in favourites mode, appreciate the suggestion though, just tried it then and even sort alphabetical still lists 3 mario karts, each loads mario kart... So no way to access the other games on the drive, any suggestions anyone?

Huwie.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huwie said:

It sounds like when you first created your partitions you didn't define them all as Primary.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Golfje said:
ThaDraGun said:

The Conduit works just fine on rev581 and Cios36rev10 installed. By the game settings just set 002fix anti.

Ok thanks.
Next question, then does Ghostbusters work on rev10?

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
Huwie said:

It sounds like when you first created your partitions you didn't define them all as Primary.

Ok, I extracted the games as iso's to the wbfs manager, then created a 5 gig fat32 partition and a 195 gig wbfs partition, both set as primary. Loaded the games back onto the wbfs partition and back to the wii. While I was at it I downloaded the maxtor software and turned power saving off. The wii now reliably detects the hdd only after a power cycle during the 30 seconds, under 249. The games list correctly now however they all black screen when I try and play, not a dsi dump, just a black screen like a lockup.

Reading through some recent posts I see people talking about "active" and I think I have the wbfs as "active" although both are primary, could this be the cause? Otherwise anything I can try?

Thanks for the replies people
smile.gif

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
Golfje said:
ThaDraGun said:

The Conduit works just fine on rev581 and Cios36rev10 installed. By the game settings just set 002fix anti.

Ok thanks.

Yes, I'm running Ghostbusters on Rev 10. No problems.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
ThaDraGun said:
Golfje said:
ThaDraGun said:

Ok thanks.

Yes, I'm running Ghostbusters on Rev 10. No problems.

Same here, 4.0U CIOSrev12 GXrev571, Ghostbusters just needed 002 fix changed to anti, Conduit worked fine out of the box, both NTSC games. I haven't come across a game that doesn't work yet.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested cios249 rev12, 13 and 13b.
I couldn't test rev10 because i'm on LU65.
My GX rev is 581.

Results:
rev12: all works OK, even for 2nd and subsequent games!
rev13: works OK for the first game, then gives black screen on 2nd game.
rev13b: same as rev13

There, rev12 is slightly slower i read, but at least it always works, not only for the first game.
I'm keeping rev12 for now, and hope rev14 when it's out will be the best of both worlds.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Eclipse01 said:
has loader GX found a new site for auto cover art download yet?
Good morning, already awake
smile.gif
? Yes, already looong time ago, it's www.wiitdb.com.

Btw, sadly there's a big mess with the new versions (config-File works via SD, but not via USB, etc..). That's realy sad, hope the Team can fix this soon...

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Eclipse01 said:
smile.gif

Btw, sadly there's a big mess with the new versions (config-File works via SD, but not via USB, etc..). That's realy sad, hope the Team can fix this soon...

just update to the new dol/ version of GX and it should work?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Eclipse01 said:
Blue-K said:
Eclipse01 said:
smile.gif

just update to the new dol/ version of GX and it should work?
Yup, works perfect for me (the downloading). It can also now download region covers (German ones, French ones, etc...) if they are on the Server. Great, right
smile.gif
?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just got a 4070ti
    oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap
    and now with the rtx video upscaling, and sdr->hdr conversion, even more reason to go nvidia
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tandem even