• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimotion+ video still resets the wii in TW10
frown.gif
I think someone will need to give very clear instructions on how this reload works!
biggrin.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rajveer said:
For those of us using the forwarder version, could there be an option to automatically download the latest forwarder wad too to a specified directory, which we'd install ourselves using wad manager? There's no point in auto updating part and having to transfer the sd card to a pc to update the rest.

So all we'd do is click update all (which would also download the latest forwarder wad to the specified wad folder i.e. SD:\wad\), then load wad manager and install the wad, without having to transfer the sd card to a pc at all
smile.gif

Do you need to update the forwarder that oft?

teegale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of IOS 222 when 249 works for every game I have? I'm just wondering because I see a lot of talk about it and I'm curious as to what it does...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We didn't have a lot of games to test out the block IOS reload with. It did work for House of the Dead 2 & 3. I am able to load either from the disc without using the alt dol stuff. It didn't work for splintercell 2 or armymen.

Here's the deal...
Install 222 as 36, 223 as 37. Boot uLoader 2.0. Use the "skip IOS" option and boot a game that is known to work with this fix. If the game works then you set everything up right.

Once you know that you set it all up right, just boot up our app, pick the game you want to play and go to the game-settings. Pick 222 and turn on the last option. Boot the game.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teegale said:
What's the point of IOS 222 when 249 works for every game I have? I'm just wondering because I see a lot of talk about it and I'm curious as to what it does...

Because some games DON'T work, or at least not completely. Just because you don't have them or play them doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have the problem. If you're happy with 249, keep using 249.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
teegale said:

Because some games DON'T work, or at least not completely. Just because you don't have them or play them doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have the problem. If you're happy with 249, keep using 249.

Ahhh, cool. I read somewhere else it was just faster to use 222.

What are some of the games that work on 222 and not 249?

torr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Slug Anthology with alternate dol option:

Using wiiscrubber I extracted ms6.dol, renamed it RMLEH4.dol and placed in SD root.

Started USB Loader GX chose Metal Slug Anthology then settings; selected ios 222 and "use alt dol". Metal Slug 6 now works but you can only play that game, none of the others are accessible since that's all the dol is can do. Makes me think that somehow someway with code that one day it may be possible to get the whole MS Anthology working via USB Loader GX?

Edit: I just now see this was already covered here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160710&st=60

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Hooya said:
teegale said:

Ahhh, cool. I read somewhere else it was just faster to use 222.

What are some of the games that work on 222 and not 249?

Well, as of right now, those that force and IOS refresh. House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Red Steel, SSX Blur, several others.
It's also meant to fix use of other USB peripherals like Wii Speak, Rock Band instruments, etc.

I've personally never got any of Hermes' IOS to work... 222 or anything else.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rustybanana said:
frown.gif
I think someone will need to give very clear instructions on how this reload works!
biggrin.gif

Can we please not abbervate the names of games. I would like to try some of this stuff for myself and have a hard time with the abbervation. Also I like the idea of having the option of cios222 and cios223 but would like a list of games on the first post and a way to get them working. Maybe add it as a option on the left of http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/ site. So we could go there and see a list of games and next to the list a way to get them to work or just say that they work with no problem. Might be easier to understand how cios222 or 223 will help us with these games. Because right now till we play a game and it dose not work is the first time we know there is anything wrong at all. Well heres to hoping.

Daviii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
We didn't have a lot of games to test out the block IOS reload with. It did work for House of the Dead 2 & 3. I am able to load either from the disc without using the alt dol stuff. It didn't work for splintercell 2 or armymen.

Here's the deal...
Install 222 as 36, 223 as 37. Boot uLoader 2.0. Use the "skip IOS" option and boot a game that is known to work with this fix. If the game works then you set everything up right.

Once you know that you set it all up right, just boot up our app, pick the game you want to play and go to the game-settings. Pick 222 and turn on the last option. Boot the game.
iv all this and now HOTD wont load at all

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
rustybanana said:
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Can we please not abbervate the names of games. I would like to try some of this stuff for myself and have a hard time with the abbervation. Also I like the idea of having the option of cios222 and cios223 but would like a list of games on the first post and a way to get them working. Maybe add it as a option on the left of http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/ site. So we could go there and see a list of games and next to the list a way to get them to work or just say that they work with no problem. Might be easier to understand how cios222 or 223 will help us with these games. Because right now till we play a game and it dose not work is the first time we know there is anything wrong at all. Well heres to hoping.

Lol. Tiger Woods 10.

Daviii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i dont have uloader but the game works normaly without HOTD 2 on 223 and just goes to black screen on 222 il grab uloader

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just tryed house of the dead 2&3. Well it worked just as you said I change the games ios to 222 and turned on the skip ios reload and house of the dead 2 worked fine. I was just hoping that this might be able to be used with waninkoko cios38 rev12 249. So I don't have to change the ios for any game. If not no big deal changing one game is not that hard. But thanks for the fix, I just changed the location of the house of the dead 2 dol to the main dol. But this is a much better option. Thanks.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this method = same as replacing the dols on the iso or does it actually function the game as it suppose to (i.e. does it skip the intro / beggining part of the game

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also got hotd 2 to work, but exiting to wii menu black screened me.

sam and max still does not work. i should note that it now consistently gets to episode selection, whereas before it didn't. but now it consistently reboots after picking an episode. i am running hermes installed at 222, the game is set to use 222, and the ios blocking is on.

keep up the great work.

EDIT:added some some details

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work on the loader, I have had no issues with any revisions with only minor tweaks required for individual games. Outstanding.

Personally I find games and the loader tend to boot and run more quickly if I boot the loader with 222 and only use 249 in the custom game settings when required, this also fixes having to power off the Wii between games. I was also having slow loader load times and controllers slow to respond once the loader loaded before switching to 222.

Once again thanks to all the coders for a fantastic loader and for their continued efforts and improvements.
bow.gif

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tryed the ios reload on Mortal kombat for the wii. I will try and post latter but can't use the wii yet and was hoping someone could try this out sooner then I.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!