• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some really good ideas for this loader, where can I send them to make sure they are read.

I have no expectations, but wanted to give something back for all the hard work put into this loader.

Thanks,

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, these custom dols ...

1) Is there a link that lists which games need them ?

2) You're extracting the dol from the ISO and saving it on the SD card instead. Why does that make the game work all of a sudden ?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Right, these custom dols ...

1) Is there a link that lists which games need them ?

2) You're extracting the dol from the ISO and saving it on the SD card instead. Why does that make the game work all of a sudden ?

here is the thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160710

Not sure why it works but it does.

I got mortal kombat working but it doesnt load from the alt dol.Instead i followed the instructions in the post i just linked to.
I dont think those instructions work with every single game that has this issue thats why the load alt. dol is used.

goodle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the weekend I decided to take advantage of the new USB/FAT support ,but I have a problem with the forwarder (both versions, 14/6 and 9/6.) After turning on the wii, if I try to load USBLoaderGX with the forwarder it returns to the Wii Menu. To get around the problem i go to the HBC and load USBLoaderGX from there, instantly go back to the Wii Menu and start USBLoaderGX with the forwarder with success.

Initially I removed USBLoaderGX from the SDCard ,but couldn't get USBLoaderGX to load directly from the USB drive. So I added USBLoaderGX back onto the SDCard and loaded it from HBC. When I went to change games I discovered that the forwarder would run USBLoaderGX from the USB drive after it was properly initialized, each install had a different theme.

ATM, I have all the directories on the SD and USB configs pointed at the USB drive. However the forwarders seemingly cannot properly initialize the drive, but the drive does show activity. The drive has solid light for ON and rotating light for ACTIVITY.

I have a HITACHI 640gb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145249) 100gb FAT32, the rest is for wbfs.

EDIT: Oh and I am using Waninkoko rev12 cIOS

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png

Revision: 531

DOL
ELF

CHANNEL

trunksv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
dbest said:
Using this with my Toshiba portable disk and it works amazingly well. I still have to get the covers to work with this. I have placed the covers in sdroot/usbloader_gx/covers folder but they do not show.

But I can now play games from my portable HD and am greatful to the creators of this amazing tool.

Thanks.

I'm thinking about buying a Toshiba HDD too (the 1TB one). Is it really working completely without any issues for you? Have you experienced spindown (drive going into sleepmode, crashing the game)?

QUOTE(dbest @ Jun 16 2009, 09:45 PM)
I have the 320 or 360 GB one and it works with no issues. I have not played on it for more than an hour, so I cannot comment on the sleepmode issue.

I have a Toshiba 320gb portable disk to, it is working great. Havent experience any spindown.

I have a Iomega Prestige Portable Hard Drive 500gb 2,5" drive to. This one works sometimes, most times I get the msg "no usb drive found" so I would not buy this one.

newr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am just learning about this usb loader stuff...have a question which I can't seem to find answer for.

With the USB loaders, I know you can rip the disc. But is it possible to put downloaded ISO file into the drive to read? Since the downloads are done on PC etc...can it be placed on the harddrive if it's formatted to run with Wii?

Thanks

pospam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
newr said:
I am just learning about this usb loader stuff...have a question which I can't seem to find answer for.

With the USB loaders, I know you can rip the disc. But is it possible to put downloaded ISO file into the drive to read? Since the downloads are done on PC etc...can it be placed on the harddrive if it's formatted to run with Wii?

Thanks
You can use your isos. You have to use WBFSManager to do it.
There are many tutorials on how to do it. Quite easy actually.
Cheers.
P.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pospam said:
newr said:

Thanks
You can use your isos. You have to use WBFSManager to do it.
There are many tutorials on how to do it. Quite easy actually.
Cheers.
P.

downloading iso is possible but not allowed. Pease only use backup copys of your own wii games.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted a game through the loader and now all my games just go to a blank screen. I have tried CIOS 10, 12, 13A and 13B and none are working. They were working just fine, but I'm not sure if deleting the game caused the problem or not. I am using rev 528. Can anyone help.

Thanks

ext23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a heads up, for some reason the country string patch wasn't working in my GX loader (i used the auto update feature last night, about 12 hours ago).

tried booting mario galaxy (PAL and NTSC on a japanese 4.0j/3.2j, using a variety of cIOSs) and couldn't for the life of me get it workiing. tried the gamma loader and the NTSC version of the game booted perfectly first time with the country string patch turned on.

developers plz take note!

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ext23 said:
just a heads up, for some reason the country string patch wasn't working in my GX loader (i used the auto update feature last night, about 12 hours ago).

tried booting mario galaxy (PAL and NTSC on a japanese 4.0j/3.2j, using a variety of cIOSs) and couldn't for the life of me get it workiing. tried the gamma loader and the NTSC version of the game booted perfectly first time with the country string patch turned on.

developers plz take note!

works for me including jp galaxy

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
after a few missteps, i think i have this loader, which is amazing, working fairly well. my only caveat, so far, has been that every time i update the app, it fails to detect my sd card, causing me to delete my config folder to get it working again. since the beauty of this loader, to me at least, is that i can set specific settings for individual games, i sorta undo all my work by deleting the folder to make it recognize the card again. is it as simple as copying all of the config files before deleting the folder, and then pasting them back in again? or am i a making myself more work than necessary.

thanks
anyone else have this issue, or is it only me?

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Still no alternate dol support in r531

no matter how you set the paths or place the .dol file it plain does not work.

r528 works great
smile.gif
except you can't save the game settings.

i am running 531 and i have USB:/alt-dols/ in my config and i have the RKME5D.dol in it and mortal kombat works fine don't forget to go to settings in each game that needs it and enable it you have to scroll down to find the command to enable it.

here is the dol i use

NTSC MORTAL KOMBAT ARMAGEDDON
NTSC REDSTEEL
NTSC MEDAL OF HONOR 2

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Concerning the alternate dol feature, I have a question.

When this is enabled, which of the following will happen ?

1. The loader loads the alternate dol in the FIRST load to start the game.

OR

2. The loader first load the main.dol in the USB to start game and then, when the game reload, it loads the alternate dol in the SD.

Which one ?

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Concerning the alternate dol feature, I have a question.

When this is enabled, which of the following will happen ?

1. The loader loads the alternate dol in the FIRST load to start the game.

OR

2. The loader first load the main.dol in the USB to start game and then, when the game reload, it loads the alternate dol in the SD.

Which one ?
my understanding is that it works as option 1.
just tested with red steel, works flawlessly
r531, make sure you set the dol directory in gxglobal.cfg and place your dols in there, renamed as 6 digit game id, e.g. red steel should be REDE41.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)