Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
tRiBaLmUnKy said:
I tried to install the Hermes cIOS but I think it's failing. I followed the guide post a few pages back and towards the end of the install it says there was an install error (this is after it has downloaded the files it needed) and then boots back into the loader. That's a failure for sure right?
Check your SD and if 00000001 is in the root then delete it and try again. Other than that I can't think of a reason for the install to fail.

If you’re feeling adventurous you could download anytitle deleter and see what IOS you already have installed. Use the one from this LINK as it will actually show you the correct name of the items installed and not just the code. Be careful if you are going to try and delete anything, the cIOS installs should overwright previous versions without any trouble but who knows, you may need to delete IOS222 and 223 and try again. Once again, be carefull, I would hate to be responsible for bricking your Wii.

Yeah that folder was always removed before I tried the update. But I guess I don't need it as I don't have rock band for the Wii. I'll try rev12.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cannot unlock the USBloader-GX anymore!! Help!

I downloaded the latest version out of the first post. But in PARENTAL CONTROL there is no unlock button!
Just:
Password ********
Controllevel *******

I tried everything, I uninstalled the forwarder channel and reinstalled it. I cleared the whole config folder.
Nothing seems to work.

help...

[Jez]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what size should the cover/disc images be and is the path the same for 3d/2d covers? (sd:/images) I have no internet adaptor so i cant make it download stuff itself

[Jez]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:

I downloaded the latest version out of the first post. But in PARENTAL CONTROL there is no unlock button!
Just:
Password ********
Controllevel *******

I tried everything, I uninstalled the forwarder channel and reinstalled it. I cleared the whole config folder.
Nothing seems to work.

help...
Try one of the newer dols posted in this thread (last one i remember seeing is page 409) rename it to boot.dol and replace the one you downloaded with it

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
[Jez said:
]
berlinka said:

Just:
Password ********
Controllevel *******

Nothing seems to work.

help...
Try one of the newer dols posted in this thread (last one i remember seeing is page 409) rename it to boot.dol and replace the one you downloaded with it
The newest is on page 411
smile.gif

There should be a text above password: ******* (console locked or something). Click it to unlock
Or delete the config files

Anthraxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded and installed the channel today, no sweat. Works great for loading my backups. However, there are a few differences between the channel I'm running and what I see in those YouTube vids. Down the bottom of the main screen I see the SD icon and how much space I have left on the hard drive, but no battery icons. When I go to the settings menu, the layout is completely different, a lot more like the standard Wii menu. There's no button to unlock, and I can't download any covers. Please help, how do I fix this?

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
Step 1. get the dol
Step 2. install the dol to preloader with the install dol feature in the preloader menu
Step 3. turn on the wii

...can I use the the dol from the actually revision, what I have in my sd:/apps/usbloader_gx folder ?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XxEXUSxX said:
plz make a Switch off option fpr Coverwall i cant use 16:9

mfg

The team is working on adding support for 4:3 tv. Just give them a little time. For now if you don't like the button you can download a theme and just move the coverwall icon where it can not be seen. I did that for the power icon on the simple theme. Here is the web site for the themes http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php?creato...rt=1&page=1 good luck. You wil need to use word or something like that, notepad will make the file hard to see.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to say that I appreciate how things are coming with this, and that I really wish people would read a bit in the thread or search before asking the same question that's been answered multiple times.

By the way, I like the new default theme in the last dozen or so revisions. Very stylish, although subtly different.

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have some touble using rev511, I recently intalled cios rev13a in order to play the recent releases, the loader says unable to detect WBFS partition, but in earlier revision (rev3**) that I got channel installed worked, so I'm not sure from wich one is the problem, GXrev511 or Cios rev13??
Help is very welcome here, I dont want to format my HDD, I've already copied over 80gb of data out there! THANKS.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Innovative1 said:
Is there a way to make it start out in coverflow by default? It keeps reverting back to list view.

Now all of a sudden it is saving it and loading coverflow by default. I didn't do anything? I changed the button settings to widescreen fix and updated to r514 and now it is keeping it by default...strange.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have been trying to get the forwarder to load form the hard drive with in perloader. I now only sd for now, but I was hoping to find a fix for it. Well I game up on the for a moment to change the text in the language.c file to make Reload SD to Reload SD/HD. That was easy. Next I wanted to change Back to HBC or Wii Menu to Home Menu, But I have change the location of the button and now the u is cut off by the tv screen. So I was hoping someone who knows what they are doing will change this for me and make the tip more like the setting one. Where it is off to the right side of the button, but to the left side of the botton for Home Menu. It is just most people do not load this from HBC any more so it dose not show on Home Menu. So I thank this makes more scenes. Also if you have the time maybe you could add in the once for the other buttons as well. If not thats ok. Thanks again.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
Guys,

I have this up and running on a 500G WD drive. It all works rather well and I have about 35 games on it. My drive is all WBFS.

Now with everyone making a fat32 partition for the files Im confused.

What are the advantages of doing this? Should I be finding a program that will allow me to add a partition in there and not have to start all over by reformatting it all. (if that's possible).

HS
if you know what you're doing, you can change the partition size WBFS. Bring to a HD editor and edit the partition table by hand. ! at your own risk!

So it is possible to change my 100% WBFS to 90%/WBFS and 10%/FAT32. Good. What do you mean by HD editor? You mean a partition program?

But what are the advantages of doing this?

If your partition manager program which has the ability to edit partition table. Normaly resize partition is not work. Or your program has a sector-editor.

ardi

Ardi,

can you please explain how to do this? I have Acronis Disk Director 10 , would this do it? I have 105 games on my HD and if I screw it I would have to reinstall them all. TY.

bula

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
Guys,

I have this up and running on a 500G WD drive. It all works rather well and I have about 35 games on it. My drive is all WBFS.

Now with everyone making a fat32 partition for the files Im confused.

What are the advantages of doing this? Should I be finding a program that will allow me to add a partition in there and not have to start all over by reformatting it all. (if that's possible).

HS
if you know what you're doing, you can change the partition size WBFS. Bring to a HD editor and edit the partition table by hand. ! at your own risk!

So it is possible to change my 100% WBFS to 90%/WBFS and 10%/FAT32. Good. What do you mean by HD editor? You mean a partition program?

But what are the advantages of doing this?

If your partition manager program which has the ability to edit partition table. Normaly resize partition is not work. Or your program has a sector-editor.

ardi

Ardi,

can you please explain how to do this? I have Acronis Disk Director 10 , would this do it? I have 105 games on my HD and if I screw it I would have to reinstall them all. TY.

bula

Chances are that you will need to reinstall them all. I copied mine to another drive and did it and then copied back. It took just over six hours.

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...can we have the function, that the wii-LED only blinks up, when the installation of a Game is finish, or only during the instalation, and when the installation is finished, the wii-LED is off ?

celticone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shcezris said:
Well I did just that.... and still nothing. Are you sure there isn't something special I need to do? Like are the images from that site already set to work perfectly? Or maybe the images need to have there own folder based on the region? I just don't see what I could be doing wrong.

I'm having the same problem as you, can't get the covers to show up via the SD card (I don't have my Wii connected to the net so can't do the download route).

I've tried numerous folders locations on the SD card but no joy.

Great app
grog.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
j0k3r said:
...can we have the function, that the wii-LED only blinks up, when the installation of a Game is finish, or only during the instalation, and when the installation is finished, the wii-LED is off ?

At first the loader did have that function. Light off during install, light on when finished.
But somewhere in the long list of revisions, that function got dropped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it