• Likes 48

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
henky said:
I am using USB loader GX and I love it.
I hear lot of ppl like the coverwall, but I must say I liked it more when there where only two rows. The way it’s now, I have trouble seeing the covers to know which game it is, because the covers are so little.
So maybe its possible to make a option ppl can fill in how many rows of covers they want with the coverwall? Or maybe reverse the wall; now you have big covers right and left, going to the centre they become smaller. So reverse will start with big covers in the centre, and going to left/right they will become smaller, maybe they can even become twice there size, when the cursor comes across them?
Just an idea.
Keep up the great work
smile.gif
That's a great idea. So great in fact that it is already built in. pressing up/down does exactly what you are asking about.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Anyone got the 16:9 Channel from rev511 and the forwarder.dol from rev505 compiled and working? Would be nice if someone could upload these...thanks in Advance
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
Anyone got the 16:9 Channel from rev511 and the forwarder.dol from rev505 compiled and working? Would be nice if someone could upload these...thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Well I found out where to get the forwarder source, so now I got it compiled:
http://sharebee.com/0face8da

install it as autoboot and set preloader to boot to it. It will only work as autoboot. If you try to manually boot it from preloader, it will crash
I tested it, and it seems to be working fine. No crashing (also nunchuck compatible), exiting from game will boot directly back into the loader again (if you have preloader set to do so)

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to run Grand Slam Tennis:

Got a 002 error. So I turned on 002 fix. Now I just get a black screen.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

tim

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
Blue-K said:
smile.gif

install it as autoboot and set preloader to boot to it. It will only work as autoboot. If you try to manually boot it from preloader, it will crash
I tested it, and it seems to be working fine. No crashing (also nunchuck compatible), exiting from game will boot directly back into the loader again (if you have preloader set to do so)
First: Thank you very much for compiling it
smile.gif
..I already failed at downloading the source
tongue.gif
. Now...it realy works for you? Because I get the Loading Image, and then a Code Dump...(USB=Fail, SDHC=Fail, Both=Fail)...strange...
unsure.gif
. I guess the .dol should work, otherwise I would get a dump before the Picture...must have to do something with SDHC/USB...guess I'll wait until they'll maybe fix it...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
kedest said:
Blue-K said:
smile.gif

So it works for you? I get the Loading Image, and then a Code Dump...(USB=Fail, SDHC=Fail, Both=Fail)...strange...
unsure.gif

are you using the latest loader rev?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
Blue-K said:
kedest said:
Blue-K said:
smile.gif

So it works for you? I get the Loading Image, and then a Code Dump...(USB=Fail, SDHC=Fail, Both=Fail)...strange...
unsure.gif

are you using the latest loader rev?
Yup. Always Up-to-date
smile.gif
. I guess it has to do something with USB/SDHC...but I don't know...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm must still have some bugs then. But for me it's working perfectly, finally. I've been looking so long for a working preloader forwarder.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kedest said:
Hmm must still have some bugs then. But for me it's working perfectly, finally. I've been looking so long for a working preloader forwarder.
Yep, me too
tongue.gif
...and I guess I found the Bug...it can't boot the .dol from the HD...if I plug my HD out, it boots it from the SDHC Card, or goes to the menu if it can't find the .dol, like it should...but if it will boot from the HD, it fails...

Guess I'll wait for the fixed version then...I prefer HD over SD...

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dose anyone know how to get a hold of song. Song made some of the best loaders and changes to apps not to long ago. But I do not see much of his work anymore. Well he made a loader that will boot wii and gc games from dvd disk. And I thank now that this loader can auto boot from preloader.2.9 that running disk from dvd would just about remove the need to go back to the wii menu. Well song latest work on his loader that I know of is here http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/9...kup-loader.html and I thank after reading the post on that loader that he may have quit making that loader because of so many people having problems with his loader. Well I loved his loader and thought he would have had the best loader by now. But he had alot of great ideas in his work that was further them all otheres back then. I hope no one gets mad but I thank song could help this loader in adding a few small things. Thanks for the great loader and the team is outstanding in there work, so I hope this request dose not make anyone mad. Thanks again!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
kedest said:
Yep, me too
tongue.gif
...and I guess I found the Bug...it can't boot the .dol from the HD...if I plug my HD out, it boots it from the SDHC Card, or goes to the menu if it can't find the .dol, like it should...but if it will boot from the HD, it fails...

it's good you found the problem, that's makes it easy for them to fix.
maybe you could open an issue about it on the google code page.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of my games aren't working with the Gx Loader after updating to Rev13b. A full shutdown and reboot of the Wii makes some games work.

Do I need to use Hermes_cIOS222_installer? Also, I read it is recommended to delete the "config" folder when updating the GX loader. Is this necessary?

I'm thinking about downgrading to Rev10 unless I can resolve this.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using cios38 rev12 and most all of my games work only 2 of 115 games don't work and they never have. Hope that helps.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I am using cios38 rev12 and most all of my games work only 2 of 115 games don't work and they never have. Hope that helps.

I wasn't really asking a recommendation for changing my REV. I was asking what Hermes cIOS 222 is for.

asking what Hermes cIOS 222 is for. - Looks like I don't need it since I'm not looking for Rock Band 2 instrument support

I was on rev12 which seemed to be working good. Might just have to go back.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tRiBaLmUnKy said:
I tried to install the Hermes cIOS but I think it's failing. I followed the guide post a few pages back and towards the end of the install it says there was an install error (this is after it has downloaded the files it needed) and then boots back into the loader. That's a failure for sure right?
Check your SD and if 00000001 is in the root then delete it and try again. Other than that I can't think of a reason for the install to fail.

If you’re feeling adventurous you could download anytitle deleter and see what IOS you already have installed. Use the one from this LINK as it will actually show you the correct name of the items installed and not just the code. Be careful if you are going to try and delete anything, the cIOS installs should overwright previous versions without any trouble but who knows, you may need to delete IOS222 and 223 and try again. Once again, be carefull, I would hate to be responsible for bricking your Wii.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Blue-K said:
kedest said:
Yep, me too
tongue.gif

it's good you found the problem, that's makes it easy for them to fix.
maybe you could open an issue about it on the google code page.

Ok I tryed this and found that I could not get it to load from usb even when I change the source file to load from usb only. But I did have a problem with having the loader file on the usb drive and the sd card under SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol and USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol at the same time. To fix just change the usb one to USB:/apps/usbloader_gx1/boot.dol and it will load from the sd card. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...