Own Onechanbara Background

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
*** ATTENTION CODERS ***

Using the r211 source, I have successfully recompiled the GUI Loader, using the modifications I posted HERE.

These modifications will move the "show_tooltip" variable, from the "theme.txt" file to the "config.txt" file!

Will someone please contact me regarding this SVN change?

(NOTE: This will also resolve Issue #103)

Thanks!
yay.gif

PLZ God, no. We don't need that at the config. It's better at the theme.txt as it is about the graphic interface and it's look. What you need, is to be added as an option at the settings screen that would allow you to override the theme's default setting. The config file should gradually extinct as we are using a GUI loader, not get bigger.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
*** ATTENTION CODERS ***

Using the r211 source, I have successfully recompiled the GUI Loader, using the modifications I posted HERE.

These modifications will move the "show_tooltip" variable, from the "theme.txt" file to the "config.txt" file!

Will someone please contact me regarding this SVN change?

(NOTE: This will also resolve Issue #103)

Thanks!
yay.gif
PLZ God, no. We don't need that at the config. It's better at the theme.txt as it is about the graphic interface and it's look. What you need, is to be added as an option at the settings screen that would allow you to override the theme's default setting. The config file should gradually extinct as we are using a GUI loader, not get bigger.
BUT... If you are NOT using a custom theme, the ONLY way to turn off the tooltips, is to create a "theme.txt" file!
That is my whole point! I DON'T want to use "theme.txt"! Why use TWO files, if I can control it with ONE!

PLUS... Looking at the code, this is something that can EASILY be added to the "Settings" screen!

wacko.gif

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
marinos35 said:
What you need, is to be added as an option at the settings screen that would allow you to override the theme's default setting. The config file should gradually extinct as we are using a GUI loader, not get bigger.
BUT... If you are NOT using a custom theme, the ONLY way to turn off the tooltips, is to create a "theme.txt" file!
That is my whole point! I DON'T want to use "theme.txt"! Why use TWO files, if I can control it with ONE!

PLUS... Looking at the code, this is something that can EASILY be added to the "Settings" screen!

wacko.gif
Read again what I said
tongue.gif
I said to only add it at settings. You want need then nether config nether theme.txt
wink.gif

Ok, clean 211 at my sign's site
http://wiimoveu.googlepages.com/r211.dol

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After testing R211, I must say that things look pretty good.

Couple of suggestions:
1) Move Coverart/Disc-art download feature to Settings page - away from main screen and from Coverart display. The Icon sticks out like a sore thumb (to me at least) and is too similar to the icon for adding games in the theme I use (Neon-blue).
2) While Art download feature is useful, it might be nice down the road for the main artists to be able to supply their updates (like art from the April 29th 3D art pack that was just released).
3) Once I allowed the feature to update the 3D Coverart I had already, I went back in to see what updates I needed, and it told me again that I needed to update ALL the SAME covers I had just gotten via the feature: seems like an issue.

But down the road I can tell this will be very useful so I don't have to download huge packs of art for games I don't have, and can just update just the art I need.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
marinos35 said:
What you need, is to be added as an option at the settings screen that would allow you to override the theme's default setting. The config file should gradually extinct as we are using a GUI loader, not get bigger.

wacko.gif
Read again what I said
tongue.gif
Yes... I am partially agreeing with what you said! But until then, however, I would like to see this EASY changeover to the "config.txt" file made.

Thanks, for your input.
yay.gif

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
@ deakphreak: I'll take that offer
wink.gif
Any chance to include there the noob reference page that i build? (just to have them all to one place)

I did not see your name in the registered users. If you want to post the revisions to the site, please register, then send me a PM so I can flag your account. You are lucky I saw your post with how fast this thing moves.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IlluminiX said:
Couple of suggestions:
1) Move Coverart/Disc-art download feature to Settings page - away from main screen and from Coverart display. The Icon sticks out like a sore thumb (to me at least) and is too similar to the icon for adding games in the theme I use (Neon-blue).
I AGREE!
biggrin.gif

IlluminiX said:
2) While Art download feature is useful, it might be nice down the road for the main artists to be able to supply their updates (like art from the April 29th 3D art pack that was just released).
Again... I AGREE! We also need to be able to turn OFF the auto-downloading of the covers.
IlluminiX said:
3) Once I allowed the feature to update the 3D Coverart I had already, I went back in to see what updates I needed, and it told me again that I needed to update ALL the SAME covers I had just gotten via the feature: seems like an issue.
I haven't experienced this, yet.
QUOTE(IlluminiX @ Apr 29 2009, 07:57 PM)
But down the road I can tell this will be very useful so I don't have to download huge packs of art for games I don't have, and can just update just the art I need.
Again... Yes; this would be VERY useful, but an ON/OFF switch is needed!

biggrin.gif

ppmeis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reporting code dump:

Version: r211
Load Mode: Wad Channel
Error: Trying to download 3D Covers

Code Dump:
80a63c90: A01F000C 70090200 418200C0 7F83E378
80a63ca0: 7FE4FB78 38A10010 4BFFF855 2F830000
80a63cb0: 409E0038 A01F000C 70090200 4182006C

Edit: same error under HBC

Edit2: Solved! Create image folder on SD root before download covers

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ ppmeis: report the bug http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/list

Don't complain about the download button

Changelog:
*added DownloadAllMissingCovers at once with progressbar (thx to djtaz for
hosting the covers)
The DownloadBtn is under the covers. It will be moved later. DON'T CREATE ISSUES
ABOUT THAT BUTTON!

*fixed an issue (3 ID names are now being checked too)
3D covers don't work yet....coming soon
*Added 3D Cover download support
Disc Images doesnt work yet!!

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
What happened to your black theme website? It looks like it has been changed to blue&grey again.

biggrin.gif
If you register, you can go to my profile and change the theme back.

And also, this isn't my website. All credit goes to deakphreak for the website, he just gave me the password to upload compiled DOLs to his webspace
biggrin.gif

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is moving at a record SLOW today..

Anyone know when using preloader to boot to usbloader, if it installs the boot.dol to the wii or does it run the boot.dol off the root of the sd everytime? Does that make sence?

Edit) Umm that was easy enouph for me to find out.. I popped the SD card out and it still boots to usbloader... NEVERMIND!

Aslo,, just noticed this... When I had the sd card OUT the "no image" covers show up FAST.... So I think the problem started when the high amount of game issue was fixed... I think when Hungry posted on the google page "memory optimization" He did something with the covers, to make them load ONE by ONE.. I am not sure about this but the images pop up INSTANTLY when you dont have any... lol

No big deal for me,, I would rather have all my games show up... I am wondering if the "file browser" has been implemented yet or is it still using the "option browser:?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64