• Replies 29,368
  • Likes 48

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I don't currently have a Wii U, so I can't even begin to look into that.

ok thanks. Hopefully you get yourself a WiiU down the line
Post automatically merged:

The loader already uses that, so it should support navigation. But beyond that I don't know what is or isn't working on a Wii U.
Oh, it's already implemented? I'm sure I tried making a Gamepad emabled forwarder for Usbloader Gx a while ago and it didn't allow for ui navigation.. perhaps I was using an older version of USBloader GX.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've just released USB Loader GX r1280 along with d2x v11 beta1 :)

Information and downloads @ https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

This update is compatible with other cIOS configurations, but I'd recommend updating your cIOS as per my guide so that unnecessary IOS reloads will be avoided. That is unless you're currently using d2x-alt, since I'm not going to provide updates for the alt branch.

And before anyone asks, yes, every game in this list and many that aren't on it will be playable without you needing to change any settings.
Thank you for your work, @blackb0x !! I can't wait to check the framebuffer width option and see how forced 16:9 games look.

I have a small question, in your new cios recommendation you show two different setups.

Which one is best? Because while you mention the first one is ideal, the second offers more compatibility... which sounds more ideal than the first?

I have not messed around with CIOS since I modded my Wii, I am a bit rusty. I will make a nand backup before changing anything though.

Again, thanks for your efforts!

Reactions: blackb0x

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This update is compatible with other cIOS configurations, but I'd recommend updating your cIOS as per my guide so that unnecessary IOS reloads will be avoided. That is unless you're currently using d2x-alt, since I'm not going to provide updates for the al

Incure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow! What an update, great work @blackb0x. This is the first time that an USB Loader is able to not only autoselect the right IOS but also the right language setting. This makes it very noob proof and prevents the "I've got a black screen after launching" questions. But let's not forget the other improvements like SD game launching and even a new cIOS release after years giving the ability to use EmuNAND on a Stealth drive.

This release needs to be on the front page, what a start for the Wii (and Wii U) in 2023! :)

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just released USB Loader GX r1280 along with d2x v11 beta1 :)

Information and downloads @ https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

This update is compatible with other cIOS configurations, but I'd recommend updating your cIOS as per my guide so that unnecessary IOS reloads will be avoided. That is unless you're currently using d2x-alt, since I'm not going to provide updates for the alt branch.

And before anyone asks, yes, every game in this list and many that aren't on it will be playable without you needing to change any settings.
Thank you so much for your effort :) :toot:

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't wait to check the framebuffer width option and see how forced 16:9 games look.
I shared the code with Confruggy a year ago and it looked pixel perfect with his GCVideo. Mainly because you can configure GCVideo to output only the visible area.

Without some hardware to handle the output you'll just see pillarboxing.

I have a small question, in your new cios recommendation you show two different setups.

Which one is best? Because while you mention the first one is ideal, the second offers more compatibility... which sounds more ideal than the first?
If you've got a large collection of games and don't care about using more slots then I'd recommend the second configuration. Otherwise you should get by just fine with the first configuration, since there aren't a ton of games requesting IOS58.

Last edited by blackb0x,

cobhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking great using the latest version of the USB Loader and the new d2x v11. however I seem to have problems with Super Mario Galaxy, going into a world locks up the game. I've tried the alternate cIOS configuration and nothing changes. Any ideas?

Last edited by cobhc,

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm a bit confused.
I understand the recommended cios mapping to avoid reloading, automatic selection and all these wonderful stuff.
However, how is the new d2x related? Seems that this new d2x could be on a different thread.

benten2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway I could diagnose this problem?
Wii is all modded to go with HBChannel and the latest version of USB Loader GX.
Followed the cIOS guide from wii.guide (tried both d2x v10 and latest v11).

When I open USB loader (tried with an external USB HDD and thumb drive in the lowest port) it finds it and goes into the UI screen then instantly closes back to the homebrew channel (even without a HDD plugged in it does the same)

Tried another SD card as well with the app on just incase, unsure what to try next.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I installed the new CIOS, does it matter if it was under revision "21011" I think it was, instead of the usual 65535? Everything seemed to work fine, although I only booted a couple games for testing. I already had my CIOS in the order you recommended (249 56, 250 57), unlike modern guides that tell you to go 249 57 and 250 56, so I am glad I don't have to swap them.

I tried the framebuffer option and yeah, the 16:9 forced games look less wide and a bit sharper, but I will need to look into it with more time. I tried both DKCR and Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Adventure Wii, and it made a difference in both. I will have to check on other 16:9 only games and 4:3 games, but the ones that mattered for me the most are the former.

Again, thanks for everything.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I installed the new CIOS, does it matter if it was under revision "21011" I think it was, instead of the usual 65535? Everything seemed to work fine, although I only booted a couple games for testing. I already had my CIOS in the order you recommended (249 56, 250 57), unlike modern guides that tell you to go 249 57 and 250 56, so I am glad I don't have to swap them.

I tried the framebuffer option and yeah, the 16:9 forced games look less wide and a bit sharper, but I will need to look into it with more time. I tried both DKCR and Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Adventure Wii, and it made a difference in both. I will have to check on other 16:9 only games and 4:3 games, but the ones that mattered for me the most are the former.

Could you test resident evil remake? its only support 4:3

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway I could diagnose this problem?
Wii is all modded to go with HBChannel and the latest version of USB Loader GX.
Followed the cIOS guide from wii.guide (tried both d2x v10 and latest v11).

When I open USB loader (tried with an external USB HDD and thumb drive in the lowest port) it finds it and goes into the UI screen then instantly closes back to the homebrew channel (even without a HDD plugged in it does the same)

Tried another SD card as well with the app on just incase, unsure what to try next.
I have the same problem, on wii u

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Version # won't make any difference, other than that an official update could stub it, but functionally makes no difference

Reactions: Maeson and blackb0x

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking great using the latest version of the USB Loader and the new d2x v11. however I seem to have problems with Super Mario Galaxy, going into a world locks up the game. I've tried the alternate cIOS configuration and nothing changes. Any ideas?
Have you come from a previous version of the loader where it worked? If not then maybe it's caused by the copy of the game you're using or a specific setting you've enabled?

However, how is the new d2x related? Seems that this new d2x could be on a different thread.
For the automatic cIOS selection to work best you should change your cIOS order, so that's one of the reasons d2x v11 gets mentioned here. But the other reason is that by using d2x v11 it allows patched RiiConnect24 channels to work correctly when they're launched by loaders.

I'll probably post about it in the d2x thread in time. I've just got a lot going on right now.

Weird. Alexander1970 was the last person that I had test it on a Wii U and it worked for him, but I didn't have the new caching system enabled by default at the time.

I'll send you a private message shortly.

Last edited by blackb0x,

cobhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you come from a previous version of the loader where it worked? If not then maybe it's caused by the copy of the game you're using or a specific setting you've enabled?
I've just tried going back to rev 1272 of USB Loader GX and it works fine. The only setting I changed on 1280 was the video width to framebuffer, but changing that back to Auto didn't help the game to work properly either. Going back to 1280 again without changing any settings causes the game to crash when you enter one of the rooms and requires a hard reboot of the Wii.

Last edited by cobhc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol