• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to accidentally have full ULGX channel instead of forwarder? Is your version ULGX version r1204+?

Not sure, but I don't think it is, could I get a link to the right version just in case? I use the forwarder on the menu and not in the HBC, but either way, something's seriously jacked up, but I am using Dios Mios and not the Lite version.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last "stable" ulgx revision r1205 can be found from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4lnp59273vz5tq7 and the forwarder channel wad from http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...der GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad&can=2&q=

Credits screen on the ULGX settings should show r1205, DM 2.6.1 when you have the right version.

IMO forwarder channel is better idea generally, than full ULGX channel, as ULGX updating can be done just by copying the new app folder over without installing any wad's (and as far as I know, there are no full channles available for the latest ULGX revisions anyway.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, Cyan
Remember long time ago, I talked about a modified 3-row-grid mode that looks squarish, with fewer on screen covers but are larger?
I now come up with a new idea that instead of modifying an existing mode, I insert a new "4th-row-grid mode". (note the "4th", not 4-rows).
Pressing down will now bring you from 1-row-grid mode to 2, 3 and then 4th

USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-Dec1305413212.pngUSBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-Dec1305414512.png

Note how much bigger is the center cover in the new mode.
If you are OK with this idea and OK to implement this mode into future gx revisions, I can send you a test dol (still on older revision but I forget which - the svn is mid May this year!) and the source (only gui_gamegrid.cpp is involved.)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's dong the reverse of Partial with Wii game then?
EmuNAND save only redirect /titles/ (and another file)
EmuNAND channel only doesn't redirect /shared2/sys/ ?

I thought using "dump sysconf" was enough to add new settings to the emulated nand.
Hehe, that's ironic that I don't even know how the loader I'm working on is working :ninja:
I'll take a look at the source one day :lol:
I only found this out by testing the features, since I use emulated channels.
I'm not familiar with how save emulation works with disc games, as I don't use that feature. I would imagine that it should work the same way (partial: redirect only the save file, full: redirect save file, mii's, network settings, etc.).

I think you are right about only needing sysconf for the network settings. I'm pretty sure I've updated my emulated nand network settings in the past by copying just the one file. However, the description of each file in wiibrew.org seems to suggest that network configuration settings are stored in /shared2/sys/net/02/config.dat. I'm really not sure at this point.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last "stable" ulgx revision r1205 can be found from
IMO forwarder channel is better idea generally, than full ULGX channel, as ULGX updating can be done just by copying the new app folder over without installing any wad's (and as far as I know, there are no full channles available for the latest ULGX revisions anyway.
It's very easy to create your own with CustomiizeMii, using the official one as base but you are right, forwarders are much better. In fact the modified ppcboot.elf linked somewhere in this thread is even better. It launches USBGX without the need to launch the System Menu first. You go from off to the USBGX GUI in the time it takes to start the loader. I never really go to the SM anymore.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you create a channel from the released dol, you will have problem updating from inside the loader (using the network download).
The Full Channel has a special update command to use the wad manager to replace itself and reboot.
If you inject a "non channel" dol into a channel, when updating it will try to download and copy the boot.dol in the install folder (I suppose in /config/ or /usbloader_gx/) but it will not update the channel like expected.

just reinject the dol in a channel and install the wad each time you want to change the revision, but it's easier to install the forwarder and just put the dol on SD card.
Easier to update/change, and prevent using a wad manager.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
after fixing gameCube, I plan on releasing 3.1

After that, I don't know. (I'm not working on it everyday)
Maybe look at neek2o first, to make improve emuNAND compatibility.
Check the problem with the wad manager (maybe I'll do it before 3.1 as the manager is required to update the loader as Channel).

There are other suggestion and bug reported, but I may look into the tab menu after neek2o.
Or just go with my own random pick :P
looking at the code and doing some changes

Reactions: OriginalHamster

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after fixing gameCube, I plan on releasing 3.1

After that, I don't know. (I'm not working on it everyday)
Maybe look at neek2o first, to make improve emuNAND compatibility.
Check the problem with the wad manager (maybe I'll do it before 3.1 as the manager is required to update the loader as Channel).

There are other suggestion and bug reported, but I may look into the tab menu after neek2o.
Actually, I'm glad you are thinking about neek20. I wasn't sure you would but I too would prefer that before tabbed menu.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So, with that forwarder that was just linked to me, I install it and the whole "do you want to copy the game to SD" error will finally disappear?
If just replacing the boot.dol with the one from the other link doesn't help then it means your system menu channel isn't actually a forwarder and it's running it's own internal DOL instead of looking on SD/USB for it so the linked forwarder channel would fix THAT part. ... either way it's probably best to have the latest forwarder installed, just in case.

(if that was the problem, though, just running it straight from the HBC instead of with your current system menu channel would have fixed it, too.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If just replacing the boot.dol with the one from the other link doesn't help then it means your system menu channel isn't actually a forwarder and it's running it's own internal DOL instead of looking on SD/USB for it so the linked forwarder channel would fix THAT part. ... either way it's probably best to have the latest forwarder installed, just in case.

(if that was the problem, though, just running it straight from the HBC instead of with your current system menu channel would have fixed it, too.)

Well, I must admit I never ran the program from the HBC, but the menu instead, so there may be a conflict there, but I'll install the latest .wad and see how it goes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@randomizer:
Always go to the Settings > Credit
it will display the currently loaded version/revision of the loader.

If you see r1205 (or r something) then it's correctly loaded from the boot.dol on your SD card or USB.
if you see v3.0c (and specifically the "C" part) it means it's loading the installed channel locating on the real NAND. it didn't load the updated dol file.

To force the loading of the boot.dol, either launch it from the homebrew channel, or install and launch from the Forwarder Channel (TitleID= UNEO)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan:
Would you be willing to make a brief "detour" and have a cursory look at supporting non-d2x cIOS's, even if as a hidden feature? I think this alone would resolve a lot of compatibility problems with WW and VC games. At least r38rev17 alone would allow N64 games (and probably most or all VC) to be played. I'm suggesting just to check if this is an easy add, and if it looks like a project, then just drop it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's as easy as allowing rev17 as booting cIOS.
You could have to redump your nand, as I think r17 and d2x are not using the same method to access/rename files. that's why it was decided to not allow multiple cIOS.

I will have to do some tests (or I can make you a version which doesn't check the cIOS and let you test it).
For the "before the 3.1" it will depend the complexity for me and the time it takes to add/fix things.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiFi doesn't work with Just Dance 4 using USBLoader GX. Just Dance 4 cannot connect to network to connect to online store. Booting Just Dance 4 with WiiFlow results in ability to connect to online store.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@gamer : check that you are not using Emulated Nand.
EmuNAND is not working fine with Wifi.

I don't know what could be causing this issue with GX only.
kittymat said it worked for him, try using the same revision if you don't have it yet.
I don't have that game to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello