• Likes 48

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Could few users test the latest beta (1190) and tell me if the Theme menu is working fine?
I fixed the bug on theme download.
But now users are reporting that they can't change theme from the normal theme menu, the loader is freezing after applying a new theme.

I tested it but didn't encounter any problem.
If someone can find the exact way to replicate it I could fix it.
Thanks ;)
Hey Cyan,
Actually I reported the bug on googlecode issues, still same bug as in v3.0 i.e. can't apply any theme and can't reset to default. Only works by manually editing the cfg file.
I've also asked for adding all my GC banners to GX download since many users asked for this feature and also because the database is complete now.

If you need screenshots for the theme bug please let me know
:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I understand what the bug is, someone else reported it in a previous issue (I merged your issue in the old one).
But I can't reproduce it. I tried with different themes and all worked fine.

So, maybe it require a specific setting, that's why I wanted more informations.

was it a specific theme?
Was it a theme created/updated for 3.0?
is it correctly extracted/installed?
is the .theme content correctly formed? I've seen a theme badly formed (missing quotes) distributed on Spiffy, but even this one worked fine (the loader just skipped the wrong strings).

and I was already aware of your request to update banners directly from the loader, and already gave you an answer last time: it could be done, but later :P
I'll try to fix bugs first.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could download (many times) and applied right after download :
Luminax : I did my test on it many times. sorry for the download count increasing :P (nice theme by the way).
Dark Clarity V2 : this one has a .theme file error (missing quote in Clock font size ratio, but the theme is working fine)

I also tested switching themes from the "theme menu" (not the "download theme" menu), and it worked fine.
I could also revert to default many times. (just clicking "default" button and answer yes).

Bugs that only few persons have is hard to debug :/

edit:
All my data are on SD card.

I'll make more tests tonight too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tested dowloading/applying/removing different themes with r1190.

What I did
Theme menu:
default > theme1
theme1 > theme2
theme2 > default

Theme download menu:
Default > download theme1 > apply after extract > return to main menu correctly
Theme1 > default

All these tests are successful.

I downloaded new themes to test them:
At school : nice use of "click the same icon to switch layouts" by hiding all other icons.
Iron Man
Wii info bleu (this one has a graphical/coordinate bug in the install game button)

which all worked fine.

maybe run a disk/system file check on your SD or usb. verify that your .cfg file is not corrupted.

When I'll have time to work on theme menu, I would like to add more options (for example version checking of already present themes, update, size, rank, etc.)
I'll have to see with Deak Phreak for other options.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GXGlobal.cfg, it's the one who is holding info about the default theme path and the used theme.
Check your theme folder too, maybe there's a bad file, a bad name, or anything which could make the file/folder listing fail after extraction. maybe the font.ttf is bad, could be anything.

Try deleting the theme folder, or defining a different theme folder in your user path menu.

Also, your theme path is on SD or USB? (just to know)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok thanks Shano & Cyan,
I backed up GXGlobal and deleted it and theme download, default are working now :)
I still need to know what line caused this hanging...
Will let you know
Abz

Edit: Mission impossible.
Here's my cfg file + theme I'm using, ready to be tested for the bug
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pzun7c6shuofgkx

haydonny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a little bit confused by this whole process of playing backed up GC games. i have the game in .gcm format, placed in SD/games folder. I have DML 1.5 installed through wad manager, as well as gx 3.0. whenever i go in to usb loader the game doesn't show up. gc games box is ticked. i have the right paths set but am not seeing my game. what am i doing wrong? is .gcm supported? i thought it was?

haydonny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't done that. i thought the loader could load .gcm and .iso files straight up? how do i go about converting to dml format? i can do this on a mac or will i have to go to my window?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't done that. i thought the loader could load .gcm and .iso files straight up? how do i go about converting to dml format? i can do this on a mac or will i have to go to my window?

You use discex which is availble on the dml google code page, which is a windows program. You drag/drop your isos/pirated gcms on the executable and it spits it out in dml format. I know of no mac program.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After testing theme menu few times, I discovered another bug (which was already fixed few release ago).
I guess the fix was undo without us noticing.

When switching from theme1 to theme2, if theme1 had a font.ttf but not theme2, then the theme1's font.ttf is still active with theme2.
I'll force default font on next beta.

Abz:
All is working now? it was the cfg?

Thanks for the config file, I'll check and test them.

After a quick check on notepad, the .them is mixing both windows and linux line feed. I don't think it should be a problem, it's just strange to mix them in the same file.

the .cfg seems fine. I'll make more tests tonight.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I allowed launching Gamecube games from USB (to work with DIOS MIOS).
I didn't change anything else in the code than adding a button to launch from USB instead of copying to SD first.

USB Loader GX r1191 with DM support.

Usage:
1. of course, Install Dios Mios ;)
2. If you don't have it yet, set the "GC Main Path" on USB:/games/ and place your game's folder inside. (You need a FAT32 partition, not NTFS).
3. If you have both games on SD and USB, delete/rename/move the folder from SD, as it will be used in priority and DM won't work.
:blank: :arrow: The games should be located in folders like this : USB:/games/game name[ID6]/game.iso
:blank: rename only the blue part, or just dump your original game with USB Loader GX and it will create the correct folder.
4. Run the game and select "Launch from USB".

I guess you could also set the "GC SD path" to USB, but I didn't test that yet.
It was just a very quick update to prevent copying to SD before launching.
Let me know if games are working with other loaders which aren't from USBloader GX.

Thanks to Dimok too, it was easy to add USB ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.