• Likes 48

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
It's not an official build, but here's my copy of 1263 to try.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t74949y7h8soqo5/boot.dol

Failing that, maybe try Run a chkdsk on the sdcard. Might be something throwing it off?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've just tried r1263 and the result is the same, i'm reverting back to the 1262 for the plugins.
I've thinked too at a chkdsk but i cannot perform it right now because my pc is broken, i'm doing everything (like transferring files to sd/usb or editing .ini) with and android tablet and Wiixplorer (thank god to dimok) with his builtin ftp server, text editor and unzip/unrar functionalities.
I will make the check with my girlfriend pc when i will have the chance, thank you :)

Reactions: self_slaughter

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Too easy mate.
I'm in the same boat, doing everything on my phone.

Solid Explorer has been a godsend. FTP, file editing, rar/7zip, md5 checking etc. all in one app. :)

1790f55bc26160c1857c1316f24a161c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zonta85

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ohhh, lot of message this weekend!
So, here all the answers.

@silverdtvw :
Thanks for the good report.

You said most issue was neogeo games. I think I remember a user (maybe sonictopfan) saying that neogeo had issue due to the aspect ratio. they work only on 4:3 and/or interlace resolution.
But you said it works fine on real NAND without a different video setting, so I don't know if it's really that same issue, nor if realNAND is properly changing the video setting for neogeo games.

USBLoaderGX seems to have a bug with all the option applied to channels. I didn't got the time to look at it yet, sorry.
Changing the aspect ratio in the loader's individual game setting doesn't work. You'll have to edit the Wii video settings to see if this is really that issue.
At least, for trying it's fine, but I understand it's not a good viable solution to have to switch console settings between each launched games.

I don't remember which version broke the channel settings (before 3.0). maybe if someone has the time to test and find which version broke it we could fix it.
It's also affecting ocarina, and all other individual settings.

I'm having some strange problems. First, it doesn't save any of my settings. Second, when I return from Nintendont, some settings are missing and I can't launch another GC game, it complains about the game being on HDD, even if I could launch the first one straight from there.
You are mixing Full channel and homebrew channel version.
follow this tutorial and it will fix your issue :)
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6478222

But i have another question. Is there a form to run lets say SNESGX from USB Loader and run the game and then when i exit go back to USbloader gx?
EDIT: Also how can i get to my ini so I can config the usb loader from my pc. I wanna do all the paths and all that stuff...
1) what you want is the plugin system used by wiiflow : launching a ROM, which runs a specially compiled homebrew (it even has hardcoded "return to wiiflow" text on it, but will return to USBLoaderGX too), and exit back to the loader.
This plugin system is in current beta phase. Pledge (who is working on Wiiflow lite) made a modification of the loader to addapt the plugin system to USBGX. He released a patch and a beta test version (few pages back), you can try if you want.
Greywolf made a new "working" repository on github where I'll upload the patched sources and update them to change few things I want before an official integrated release on the main sources.
I might release beta for users to test and report any bugs.

2) the config is located here:
apps/usbloader_gx/GXGlobal.cfg
you can edit all the path manually, but be sure to use single slash path (usb1:/path/, or sd:/path, and not usb1://path) this is not an URL, and using 2 path can break some features (emuNAND).

@lisreal2401 and @Zonta85 :
USBLoaderGX does NOT take care about the IPL at all. there's no option to use or not use it.
It only launch nintendont, and pass the game path as argument.
Nintendont is the one responsible for loading the IPL if it finds it.
I guess the issue is on nintendont side, in the part where it "get the arguments from a loader" it probably doesn't manage the IPL loading correctly as ipl loading is working fine without using an external loader.

Did you try with Wiiflow? just to see if the issue is only with USBGX or not.
Also, just to be sure, nintendont still doesn't have a IPL setting, right? Maybe I missed that, and there's now a way to send that option as argument too.

Where's this BIOS option you are talking about?
that's the thing, there's no option. If ipl file is present nintendont use it.
I could add an option to "copy/delete" the ipl to the root of the drive from an archive folder (it has been requested few times), but I find this solution dirty and nintendont should add a proper IPL option instead of messing with the SD content from an external loader to affect something happening in nintendont. just add a condition in nintendont and it's cleaner code than copy/delete files, really. I won't add a copy/delete from USBGX. sorry.

@Cyan i've found a bug. When using the included homebrew launcher every homebrew is doubled, i made a photo.
Hmm, you either have multiple dols or elf in the folder, not necessarilly named "boot", for example "revision_1260.dol" or "debug.elf" will be listed too.

I had a request (to make an option) to list only one dol instead of all found in subfolders, but it required too much code change and I couldn't make it.
I will change it completely later, I'll integrate the homebrew directly in the loader (4th icon will have "homebrew" and "plugin" option) so they will be listed directly on the main interface.

@GreyWolf:
thanks for github.
I tried to pull, then create a branch (wanted to name it "pluginMod", but got an error on my tortoiseGit. I'm really bad with git, I never used it except the tutorial.
I'll re-follow their tutorial.
I see you said I have to "push" locally before pushing on the network version, so it's not like svn, there is a "buffer" where your work is not applied automatically to the local version, you have to "make your local version official" before uploading it.
I hope I will not break everything haha

I find it really hard to work with branches, I thought it would create different folders, but in fact you have to "lose" your current changes in your main branch you didn't commit yet to load a branch version before working on it. that's really unclean to me, or I didn't understand anything. you can't work on two branch at the same time without committing? like having two folders, with different files at the same times.
I guess I need to make different folders myself and git clone twice then switch branch in one of them.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
@Cyan there's no such option for the ipl, you're right, when i wrote that i "disabled" the bios i meant that i put the ipl files in another folder and not in the root preventing their boot, i wrote it in some post above and right now the thing isn't an issue because in the usb loader gx they work perfectly.
There is an issues with Nintendont that we are discussing in the related thread, it seems that the usage of iplpal.bin prevent the progressive patch that is ignored.

Related to the double dols: i don't have multiple dols in every single folder, maybe only in Nintendont and Usbloadergx folders if i need to revert to a previous version, but i have'nt two of every single homebrew as showed in usb loader gx, but As @self_slaughter wrote is probably an issue with my sd card.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm, I think someone had that issue too.
It's hard to find who reported it here (too many page) and if/how he fixed it.
I don't think it's your card, but its content. you don't have files like on mac ? hidden ._filename ?

edit:
just noticed your signature:
System Menu 4.3E Waninkoko - Bootmii v1.5 on boot2v2
I thought updating to 4.x was also updating boot2 version to v4?
maybe I'm wrong, it's been a long time I didn't read about it.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
hmm, I think someone had that issue too.
It's hard to find who reported it here (too many page) and if/how he fixed it.
I don't think it's your card, but its content. you don't have files like on mac ? hidden ._filename ?

edit:
just noticed your signature:
System Menu 4.3E Waninkoko - Dark theme - Bootmii v1.5 on boot2v2
I thought updating to 4.x was also updating boot2 version to v4?
maybe I'm wrong, it's been a long time I didn't read about it.

Never used a mac in my whole life, is possible perhaps that i have such files because they were contained in some homebrew archive that i extracted into the sd without noticing it?

The Waninkoko System menu updaters for 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3 were a slightly modified system menu updater where the boot2 is not overwritten and where the network update is blocked (and the hbc wasn't deleted because of a patch that prevents the check and delete of the related title id)
All the advantages of the 4.x system menu (like the SD card menu) without the disadvantages, i used these updaters for every update from 4.0 to 4.3

I'm pretty sure that you can safely change your system menu with a wad manager and a wad of the system menu (with the pairing system ios installed before) downloaded from NUS or doing the same thing with dopmii too, because you overwrite only the system menu, not the boot2, this happened only making the full update provided by Nintendo.

I was wondering from a lot of time why you still were with 3.2, that's the reason XD XD XD

Last edited by Zonta85,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh, you didn't use the official update, that explains it :P
I'm still on 3.2 because ... it works lol
I never saw the need to update, I installed IOS52 or was it 61? for eshop recently (to get netflix), and that's all. I still miss few IOS but I don't need them. I also don't use the SD menu, so it's not a big loss.
I rarely load system menu anyway, bootmii boot2 -> HBC by default.

Also, I kept 3.2 when new version was released because ALL the IOS in 3.2 had the trucha bug without patching them. I can use my official IOS36 instead of installing IOS236 for example. it's not needed anymore to stay on 3.2 but I never needed to update, it works that's good enough.

also, I have the wiikey, which region free works only up to 4.1 (4.2 broke region free with modchip). But I don't even use Disc anymore, so another useless reason to stay on 3.2 lol.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
ahh, you didn't use the official update, that explains it :P
I'm still on 3.2 because ... it works lol
I never saw the need to update, I installed IOS52 for eshop recently (to get netflix), and that's all. I still miss few IOS but I don't need them. I also don't use the SD menu, so it's not a big loss.
I rarely load system menu anyway, bootmii boot2 -> HBC by default.

Also, I kept 3.2 when new version was released because ALL the IOS in 3.2 had the trucha bug without patching them. I can use my official IOS36 instead of installing IOS236 for example. it's not not needed anymore to stay on 3.2 but I never needed to update, it works that's good enough.

I have like 72 games on my sd card menu, and at the time (4.0) weren't emulated nands, so i needed it and i updated, but if one day you will want to update remember that is possible to do safely without touching the boot2.

I boot the system menu by default after 5 seconds of countdown, but most of the time i press power button tonload HBC.

One question:you have Netflix in the france wiishop? In Italy we have Netflix but for some reason it wasn't released for wii in italy, then one month ago, changing my country for tests reasons i had the idea of going into the UK shop to redownload the bbc iplayer,and then i noticed Netflix.
Booting it load the italian catalogue (even if the app is in english language) and the italian audio can be selected.
This is crazy.

Last edited by Zonta85,

silverdtvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
USBLoaderGX seems to have a bug with all the option applied to channels. I didn't got the time to look at it yet, sorry.
Changing the aspect ratio in the loader's individual game setting doesn't work. You'll have to edit the Wii video settings to see if this is really that issue.
At least, for trying it's fine, but I understand it's not a good viable solution to have to switch console settings between each launched games.

Ah. If I change Global GX settings will these be applied to Channel launches?

EDIT:
I am running via a composite cable to an old 4:3 monitor, so the Wii is already set to (and can only be set to) 4:3 and 480i/EDTV.

I tried changing various settings in GX global settings to try:
force NTSC
force 4:3
differing cIOS as global loaders: dx2 v10 rev52 base 56 and base 57, and old rev21

I tried Black Tiger, a non-Neo Geo arcade game with the above. Same error message (error reading/writing to System memory) every time.

I chose Black Tiger as I noticed on old post by @nakata6790 where he attached games and settings that worked for him which included black tiger, so I assume it is something on my setup:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-839#post-4573716

EDIT2:

Just sorted out neek2o v96 for testing. Booted direct into a working VC game (Altered beast) fine, exited back to the emulated Nand system menu, started Black Tiger - same error screen.

So currently Black Tiger for me works on real nand only, fails on EmuNand and neek2o.

I'll test some more titles but these seems strange from what I've read.

Last edited by silverdtvw,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a pluginMod branch for you. It's easier to just do that in the web interface. If you do a "pull" it should show up and you can switch to it.

"Commit" is the local part in Git, then you can use "push" to upload it to Github.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm getting the error that my USB is not initialized. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Can you post your GX revision and drive type?

Reactions: Cyan

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a pluginMod branch for you. It's easier to just do that in the web interface. If you do a "pull" it should show up and you can switch to it.

"Commit" is the local part in Git, then you can use "push" to upload it to Github.

Can you post your GX revision and drive type?
GX revision and drive type?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What revision of USB Loader GX do you have and what kind of HDD are you using that won't initialize?
I'm using "usb loader gx 3.0 r1218" and a "SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB" usb flash drive. I know this flash drive should work because a friend of mine uses the same type of flash drive and his works fine.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy

I'm using "usb loader gx 3.0 r1218" and a "SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB" usb flash drive. I know this flash drive should work because a friend of mine uses the same type of flash drive and his works fine.

Try to update to the newer version, roght now is r1262.
The drive is formatted on fat32, ntfs, or wbfs?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan once you get usbloader gx on github i could make a fork of it for my plugin mod and update it whenever you update the official usbloader gx. if thats ok with you.
but i would have to figure out to keep it up with the official version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/UxksoExrJB0?si=8EumplGLubjnxheU