Hacking USB Loader GX Problem

KiritoBlack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 16GB USB HDD in a FAT32 Format. I put gamecube games in it and trying to play gamecube a with it. Every time I load USB Loader GX, it would stay stuck on "initializing USB device". When the USB HDD was formatted in NTFS, it loaded fine with Wii games in it. Do I need to format the gamecube iso into wbfs in order for USB Loader GX to read the USB device?

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS is a file format specifically for Wii games, and nothing else. I think it's just a detection problem. Though I've never bothered to see if GX can mount the HDD if it doesn't have any wbfs files. Most likely can as .iso is supported....

What are you using to load the Gamecube games with? DIOS MIOS or Devolution?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The GameCube iso present on the disc has nothing do to with the mounting problem.
it would first need to mount the HDD to see that there is a Gamecube iso on it.

Try connecting the HDD when you see the countdown, not before launching the loader (sometime it helps)

Is your HDD working with other loaders?
With other homebrew? Emulators, (like Snes9x GX) or mediaplayer (WiiMC)

That same HDD worked fine when formated in NTFS, but now doesn't work when formated in FAT32? Do you have multiple Partition?
Do you have a /wbfs/ folder in one of the partitions? (shouldn't be needed, but create one manually to test)
Could it be your partition information which is not correct? Try another HDD if you can, or use another partitioner to make a proper partition, re-format it to FAT32 (not FATex, it's not the same thing).

Pii Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, how can i get kirby's dream collection to play in gx without loading each .dol everytime. all other games work fine. thanks in advance for your help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You picked a random topic to post your question in it regardless of the current subject? this one is still about HDD detection, as he didn't came back yet.
Please, respect a little your other Tempers and don't go offtopic before he get his answer ;)
We have a USBLoaderGX main thread stickied in that forum. You can ask whatever you want there :)

I'll answer you anyway:
Last report I got from users for this game is that only even (or odd?) dols are working fine without selecting the dol each time. I don't know why not all dols are working the same way.

The fix:
Be sure that you have d2x v8 (or 9), that you have "Block IOS reload" set to Auto or Enabled (use Enable to be sure), and "Alternative Dol" to Disabled (or Auto, I don't remember the available option for that setting). That's all is needed to not select the dol each time. only "block IOS reload", which prevent reloading the IOS when the game reload another dol.

KiritoBlack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using DM 2.5 and when I use Dios Mios Booter, games wouldn't show. When I put in the HDD during countdown, it stops and stay stuck. My HDD is Verbatim

KiritoBlack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it's working, the HDD was not set on as active. But another problem comes up, the gamecube games are not showing up on the list and I tried the custom path and it's still not loading up

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad the detection problem is fixed.

To display the games in the loader:
1- Click on the 4th icon in the top menu, and be sure that "Gamecube" is enabled.
If you still don't see the games:

Go to settings > Page 2> user paths >
GameCube Main Path: (this one is the USB, default path is USBpartition1:/games/ )
GameCube SD Path: This one is the SD card path, default is SD :/games/

if you still don't see the games:
verify that your games are in the correct folders and correctly named:

USB1:/games/Game name here/game.iso

Only the red part need to be changed.
The filename MUST be named "game.iso", not the game name, but the 4 letters "game"

The folder "game name here", can be of different format:
- Game name only
- GameID only
- Game name [GameID]
- GameID_Game name

NeoJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it's working, the HDD was not set on as active. But another problem comes up, the gamecube games are not showing up on the list and I tried the custom path and it's still not loading up
One thing that messed me up was to check and make sure the USB launcher is set to detect gamecube games. On the top right there's a button that brings up a menu, when you click it there's options to detect Wii, Gamecube, NAND, and NAND Emu.

Otherwise, Cyan's info should work.

KiritoBlack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys! Its showing! And one more problem xD After loading Harry Potter and COS, it shows the splash screen and then black screen and stays. I have Dio Mio 2.5 installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-