Hacking USB loader gx not working

Zenvor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a new wii, and lu64 and its running 4.2u, known that it's d3-2 drive can't play backups of a disk, I use my flashdrive and USB loader gx, then I decided I didn't want to have to keep going to homebrew Chanel everytime I wanted to use USB loader and remember that they made a channel for it, all I could find looking off google ad YouTube were us. Loader fx forwarder.wad, found it and downloaded it, the installation process is flawless until I get to the point where I have to load re channel off the wii main menu, since I'm running 4,2u I knew tree must be something i had to do to get it to work and so I found a guide over at wiihacks and I followed the guide there but the problem is that when I load the channel it gives me that damn black screen and my wii remote turns off so I have to hard reset my wii. Can anyone pleas help me please?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem until I deleted USB Loader GX and loaded the far superior Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look here for official .wad channels for usb loader gx. Since your using a forwader make sure that your sd card is inserted with the boot.dol in
ROOT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
I had the same problem until I deleted USB Loader GX and loaded the far superior Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif
Whatever gx is way better.and will always be . everything about Configurable USB Loader is ugly and not worth the trouble

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Riley said, use only the official forwarder, and, just as a note, you can put the usbloader gx folder ANYWHERE on sd or usb (as long as its the first usb slot) and it will find it if you (temporarily) have a copy on your sd in \apps folder, and change the "update" folder setting in the options. The forwarder is set to load from where that setting is (you have to change it twice, once when you load from sd card second time when it loads from wherever you put it). I take that back, just run it from usb first time via hbc (hit 1 to choose usb) then change the "update" setting there, easier that way. I run all my games off USB LoaderGX from my hard drive with or without (yes I have tested that) the sd card. Crap 3.3b made some nice forwarders for me that load up the games directly (also pointed to the same "update" folder.

special note, I noticed that the new HBC does NOT like to load from usb if no sd card is insterted, (this doesn't affect forwarders) but it seems to load everything from usb/apps then they disappear and a new "hbc inside hbc" appears with no "loading" icon and the usb option greyed out. If you "exit to system menu it takes you back to the first one, if you exit to system menu again it takes you back to your system menu.

Zenvor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I just woke up 1 pm for the win . Anyway alongside that, seein as how I got the USB loader forwarder working I was just wondering if they found a way to load gc backups off USB yet as in if there was anything official? I have some backups of my gc games that I played on my old wii until it broke. Zsince I have a newer drive it won't recognize back up discs so I was just wondening about if i could play them on my newer wii somehow.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harveychan said:
bwillb said:
smile.gif
Whatever gx is way better.and will always be . everything about Configurable USB Loader is ugly and not worth the trouble
well composed response, harv - next time, mention its propensity for cooties.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓