Hacking USB Loader GX Hard Disk from WBFS to FAT32 or NTFS

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.

Some years ago, I hacked my wii to be able to use some backup Loaders like USB Loader GX. I didn't understand nothing of what I did, so I only followed the guide and it worked.

However, I formated my Hard Disk as WBFS as said in the Guide.

Actually I know that USB Loader GX can load the games from FAT32 and NTFS, so I'm planning to change the disk partition to FAT32 or NTFS, to being able to use the disk with other things, like putting documents, etc.

However, I couldn't found what I should do to make it work, so I have some questions:

1-What can I do to backup my 63 games there and after put them again?

2-FAT32 or NTFS?

3-My saves are okay, since they are on the Wii memory, not on the USB, right?

4-After the process, can I put the games on the root or in a folder and run them, or, like at the WiiU Loadiine, I need to put each game in each folder and the folder must have the Game code (or something like that)

Thanks in Advance

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1- the game will be converted to wbfs files, you won't lose any game.
2- the WBFS will be converted to FAT32 (better than NTFS if you plan to use your drive with other homebrew)
3- saves are on Wii memory, unless you enabled "emuNAND save" option to store them to SD (and FAT32 once you'll have this format). WBFS partition can store only wii games.
4-the converter will put the games in a /wbfs/ folder. That folder and filename "should" work directly in USBLoaders, but it might not be easy for you to know which game is each files (they will be name only with TitleID.wbfs)
/wbfs/SMNP01.wbfs

I recommend you use WiiBackupManager if you are on windows, it will automatically rename and move all the games in subfolders with game's title etc.
of course that new folder and filename layout is also compatible with USBLoaders.

FAT32/NTFS tab :
- Store games in separate subfolder
- naming title : Title_[ID] (that's the default naming convention used in USBLoaderGX)
- Split : 4GB
- Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted

Title tab
misc : use Wiitdb
language : <choose your prefered language>
Click "download title.txt" to get the latest game's titles for that language.
renaming : use wiitdb titles for file and folders name
with these options, next time you "mount" the FAT32 partition in the "drive1" tab, all the games will be renamed automatically.
layout will be :

/wbfs/New Super Mario Bros. Wii [SMNP01]/SMNP01.wbfs

bush420

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
1- the game will be converted to wbfs files, you won't lose any game.
2- the WBFS will be converted to FAT32 (better than NTFS if you plan to use your drive with other homebrew)
3- saves are on Wii memory, unless you enabled "emuNAND save" option to store them to SD (and FAT32 once you'll have this format). WBFS partition can store only wii games.
4-the converter will put the games in a /wbfs/ folder. That folder and filename "should" work directly in USBLoaders, but it might not be easy for you to know which game is each files (they will be name only with TitleID.wbfs)
/wbfs/SMNP01.wbfs

I recommend you use WiiBackupManager if you are on windows, it will automatically rename and move all the games in subfolders with game's title etc.
of course that new folder and filename layout is also compatible with USBLoaders.

FAT32/NTFS tab :
- Store games in separate subfolder
- naming title : Title_[ID] (that's the default naming convention used in USBLoaderGX)
- Split : 4GB
- Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted

Title tab
misc : use Wiitdb
language : <choose your prefered language>
Click "download title.txt" to get the latest game's titles for that language.
renaming : use wiitdb titles for file and folders name

with these options, next time you "mount" the FAT32 partition in the "drive1" tab, all the games will be renamed automatically.
layout will be :

/wbfs/New Super Mario Bros. Wii [SMNP01]/SMNP01.wbfs

Help me out bro: I have 320 Gb HD; 2 partition 160 GB each; 1st partition WBFS full with wii games and 2nd NTFS full with data (only 4 GB space left)

Now my SD card not working so i plan to make this WBFS as FAT32 and keep only this for Wii (SD card backup i have in PC). I am OK with NTSC as well or SD card + FAT32 (whatever u advise is best). Highly appreciate help if step-by-step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night