USB Loader GX Hard Disk from WBFS to FAT32 or NTFS

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ThunderbInazuma, Aug 8, 2016.

1. ThunderbInazuma
    OP

ThunderbInazuma Pocket Rotom

Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Hello.

Some years ago, I hacked my wii to be able to use some backup Loaders like USB Loader GX. I didn't understand nothing of what I did, so I only followed the guide and it worked.

However, I formated my Hard Disk as WBFS as said in the Guide.

Actually I know that USB Loader GX can load the games from FAT32 and NTFS, so I'm planning to change the disk partition to FAT32 or NTFS, to being able to use the disk with other things, like putting documents, etc.

However, I couldn't found what I should do to make it work, so I have some questions:

1-What can I do to backup my 63 games there and after put them again?

2-FAT32 or NTFS?

3-My saves are okay, since they are on the Wii memory, not on the USB, right?

4-After the process, can I put the games on the root or in a folder and run them, or, like at the WiiU Loadiine, I need to put each game in each folder and the folder must have the Game code (or something like that)

Thanks in Advance

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can use this tutorial to convert the partition from WBFS to FAT32 without having to redo everything.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1- the game will be converted to wbfs files, you won't lose any game.
    2- the WBFS will be converted to FAT32 (better than NTFS if you plan to use your drive with other homebrew)
    3- saves are on Wii memory, unless you enabled "emuNAND save" option to store them to SD (and FAT32 once you'll have this format). WBFS partition can store only wii games.
    4-the converter will put the games in a /wbfs/ folder. That folder and filename "should" work directly in USBLoaders, but it might not be easy for you to know which game is each files (they will be name only with TitleID.wbfs)
    /wbfs/SMNP01.wbfs

I recommend you use WiiBackupManager if you are on windows, it will automatically rename and move all the games in subfolders with game's title etc.
    of course that new folder and filename layout is also compatible with USBLoaders.

WiiBackupManager best settings
    with these options, next time you "mount" the FAT32 partition in the "drive1" tab, all the games will be renamed automatically.
    layout will be :

/wbfs/New Super Mario Bros. Wii [SMNP01]/SMNP01.wbfs