Hacking USB Loader GX goes directly back to Wii menu (using channel + compatible external HD)

Axmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the USB Loader GX as a channel, and I am using a compatible external HD (formatted as NTSC) plugged into the port closest to the side of the wii.

When I hit "start", it just shows the little windows, and goes right back to the Wii menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the .iso for my game in /apps/.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I installed the USB Loader GX as a channel, and I am using a compatible external HD (formatted as NTSC) plugged into the port closest to the side of the wii.

When I hit "start", it just shows the little windows, and goes right back to the Wii menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the .iso for my game in /apps/.
Okay where do you have the DOL file for USB Loader GX?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
To be more clear, There's two types of channels, a full channel and a forwarder channel. The forwarder channel is the most common and just looks for a "boot.dol" or "bootl.elf" file either on your HDD or your SD in the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder and runs it. If it's not there it'll send you back to the System menu or just freeze.

As for the ISO, it actually goes in the /wbfs folder ... but it would be easier just to use Wii Backup Manager and have it copy it ("transfer" it) to the HDD from the computer because I think it also has to be inside another folder within the /wbfs folder and has to be named a certain way. Wii Backup Manager will takes care of that for you.

Axmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, okay it's still not working.

Here's what I did:

-Used Wii Backup Manager to transfer the iso to the External HD (it also created the wbfs folder)
-Placed the USB Loader GX boot.dol into the /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder on the External HD.

Still nothing. It just goes back to the menu still.

Axmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, good news! I was able to get it up and working! My problem was that I didn't have IOS58 installed. That fixed the problem :D

Thanks for your help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids