Hacking USB Loader GX freezes when i insert USB drive?

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I am pretty new to the Wii hacking scene, but ive had some experience with ps and xbox (even though this is very different). So anyways I cant figure out why usb loader freezes for me. It stops at initializing usb device. Ive read other threads similar to my problem but I either didn't quite understand or it wasn't similar enough to my situation. I read a lot of thing saying to install cios base 56, cios slot 248 and cios base 57, cios 247 which I tried doing with dx cios installer. Any help or attempts to help would mean a lot to me, im stuck. Thanks.

Other info:

-both my usb and sd card are plugged in
-yes my usb is in the right port
-I'm connected to the internet
-USB loader also freezes when I insert USB drive as its loading
-USB is formatted to fat32

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pinned thread at the top of this subforum for GX support, but since you're already here:

For USB Loader GX you only need d2x in slot 249. It will load on IOS58 with AHBPROT enabled but Wii games won't run.
Most people use slots 249, 250 and 251 for the 3 patched slots.
You didn't mention whether you're using a Wii or Wii-U or what drive you're using... and are you SURE it's the right port? :)

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pinned thread at the top of this subforum for GX support, but since you're already here:

For USB Loader GX you only need d2x in slot 249. It will load on IOS58 with AHBPROT enabled but Wii games won't run.
Most people use slots 249, 250 and 251 for the 3 patched slots.
You didn't mention whether you're using a Wii or Wii-U or what drive you're using... and are you SURE it's the right port? :)
Thanks for replying! And I'm using a Wii. I first want to get my GameCube games downloaded so what is the slot for those? Is it the same for the Wii?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using d2x then it should be the USB port closest to the edge of the Wii. The "alt" version of the later d2x patches works with both but it doesn't work very well with emulated NAND.

As far as I know none of the Gamecube loaders (DIOS MIOS, Devolution, Nintendont) only use IOS58 so the custom IOS don't matter.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using d2x then it should be the USB port closest to the edge of the Wii. The "alt" version of the later d2x patches works with both but it doesn't work very well with emulated NAND.

As far as I know none of the Gamecube loaders (DIOS MIOS, Devolution, Nintendont) only use IOS58 so the custom IOS don't matter.
Ok does it change automatically to the right downloaded iOS when I load a game, or do I have to manually change it in the settings?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok does it change automatically to the right downloaded iOS when I load a game, or do I have to manually change it in the settings?

If you install the patched IOS56 in 249 and IOS57 in 250 then USB Loader GX shouldn't need any extra configuration for the majority of Wii games. There are a few that you may have to override the default setting for the specific game. (I think Just Dance requires that, for example)

Once you have those installed in the right slots if your drive still isn't getting recognized then it may be the actual drive or enclosure that's causing the problem.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't use that usb loader, but it sounds like it isn't recognizing the usb device. Have you tried a different usb device to see if it's recoginzed? Also, the Alt version of d2x has less usb compatibility, so what I'm saying is that d2x v10 beta52 has better usb compatibility than d2x v10 beta53 alt. For me, I have to use beta52 because beta53 alt will not get my usb hdd recognized.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install the patched IOS56 in 249 and IOS57 in 250 then USB Loader GX shouldn't need any extra configuration for the majority of Wii games. There are a few that you may have to override the default setting for the specific game. (I think Just Dance requires that, for example)

Once you have those installed in the right slots if your drive still isn't getting recognized then it may be the actual drive or enclosure that's causing the problem.
Ok I'm attempting to format my USB, will report back after.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use that usb loader, but it sounds like it isn't recognizing the usb device. Have you tried a different usb device to see if it's recoginzed? Also, the Alt version of d2x has less usb compatibility, so what I'm saying is that d2x v10 beta52 has better usb compatibility than d2x v10 beta53 alt. For me, I have to use beta52 because beta53 alt will not get my usb hdd recognized.
I don't have a 2nd USB unfortunately, but I think maybe the USb is the problem. I'm attempting to format to fat32 and 16 allocation (whatever that means). Will report back.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for ur help I got my usb working! But one more question, I figured out how to load my two GameCube games (Mario Kart and Mario Party) but now when I try to load Super Smash Bros from my USB the dios mios screen passes but then it turns black. Any suggestions?

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I really appreciate you helping me I finally got my USB working but now when I used DMLizard to edit an iOS gamecube file to work with dios mios, my game doesn't work, it shows the dios mios screen but then turns black. I got my Mario Kart game and Mario party game to work but super smash Bros won't load. Any suggestions? Thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate you helping me I finally got my USB working but now when I used DMLizard to edit an iOS gamecube file to work with dios mios, my game doesn't work, it shows the dios mios screen but then turns black. I got my Mario Kart game and Mario party game to work but super smash Bros won't load. Any suggestions? Thanks

Check the ISO hashes with the tool in my signature. If they don't match then they may be bad and need to be re-ripped. If the tool crashes it's probably because redump.org is down again.

I've never heard of DMLizard but the files should be named "/games/Game Name [TITLEID]/game.iso". The second disc of two disc games should be named "disc2.iso" and make sure the ISO names are lower case.
You might also check and see if they work with Nintendont. DIOS MIOS hasn't been updated in quite a while.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the ISO hashes with the tool in my signature. If they don't match then they may be bad and need to be re-ripped. If the tool crashes it's probably because redump.org is down again.

I've never heard of DMLizard but the files should be named "/games/Game Name [TITLEID]/game.iso". The second disc of two disc games should be named "disc2.iso" and make sure the ISO names are lower case.
You might also check and see if they work with Nintendont. DIOS MIOS hasn't been updated in quite a while.
Ok so you recommend using nintendont instead? Is it easier? Cause im willing to switch if its worth it. Thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so you recommend using nintendont instead? Is it easier? Cause im willing to switch if its worth it. Thanks

I would, personally. If for no other reason because it works with games that have streaming audio like Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures. :)

It works about as easily as DM for USB Loader GX. There are modded versions of CFG Loader and WiiFlow that can boot with it as well. You just need to change which one you are using in the features menu. There are other options for memory cards, etc. too.

villalobos404

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would, personally. If for no other reason because it works with games that have streaming audio like Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures. :)

It works about as easily as DM for USB Loader GX. There are modded versions of CFG Loader and WiiFlow that can boot with it as well. You just need to change which one you are using in the features menu. There are other options for memory cards, etc. too.
Ok thanks will try each of them that best fits me and my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)