Hacking USB loader charges for it to download covers.

Should people have to pay for using a USB loaders download cover function?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it's just greed and wrong

• Don't care

• Total voters

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get it?

why are we still arguing about this?

if he wants to close then let him close
if he wants to make it member only let him make it members only

his site it not the only one that you can get covers from. there are tons of them out there. and since loader gx isn't supporting him anymore why is this even an issue?

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
He's still ignoring the question, if all the bandwidth and other issues with the site are noe covered financially then why is he still charging, the only answer to that is greed and financial gain, it's not longer about paying for the server, he has clearly stated many times now that financial issues have been resolved. I don't doubt that giving the site 29.000 Hits, imagine if on 1% donated.

The fact is they need to change the wording, it's not a Donation and it has never been, it's a fee for services.

He was clearly offered free hosting i worked hard trying to find reasons not to use it, I have a copy of the conversation but will not post it here. the fact is he wants to make money, nothing more, nothing less

Would like to prove me wrong and take someones offer for help or do like people have said and do away with the resizing script and resize all the images once and upload them like that.

Right now he is still charging people when all his reason for charging in the first place have gone, theif is not too strong a word when you think he gaves reasons why he needed the cash so people helped but now he has no reason but still want's the cash, he pulled the wook over everyone's eyes.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"QUOTE(djtaz @ Jun 30 2009, 10:38 PM)
The mass download resizing and zipping script is a script i wrote myself from scratch , if u want to use that script you pay for the ability to use it - and im perfectly entitled to do as i wish for that ability - allowing access to any part of my site from outside is also something i wrote , and this ability is also something i can use at my own discression."

taken from this page http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164559&st=75

he finally showed his true colours, he lied to you all people.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redia said:
@rutny,

thank you. I was wondering if you would answer...
I sincerely hope we will cross pass again in the futur.
we disagree, it is a fact, but I couldn't care less (it is not an insult nor negative I just mean that I can deal with someone disagreeing with me)
you are a smart man and I always acknowledge that in a man. and your writing skills are very interesting.
fortunately the world is big enough for both our egos
wink.gif

the only difference between us, is that I do not bring down one man because he is not acting upon my own personal principle. but once again I respect a man that stands on his ground.

I hope this whole story will find a good end and that the scene won't suffer too much from this mess.

once again I stand on my personal ground and do support Taz for now.
no blaming or flaming. I am simply sorry that we cannot understand each other.

towards you I only have one regret. you seriously sound like a wise man, why can't you simply accept that other people do not agree with you and give them a break ?
my only point is that if you disagree with Taz, look somewhere else for a solution that fits you and don't blame him or ruin his reputation. calling someone a thief is a very strong word even though coming for a pirate it looses part of its meaning
wink.gif
(once again no flaming intended)

let's put it this way, if a car doesn't fit you, you don't buy it and look for another one...

anyway if Taz goes on, great he has been doing a hell of a job.
and if someone else take the baby on his side, I hope we won't loose the "extras" that Taz was offering. and I am not talking about the mass downloading or on the fly resizing.. I am talking about a clean site with options like listing/requesting/following/moderating and so on.

Cheers,
R
Now, a post I truely can reply to.

the only difference between us, is that I do not bring down one man because he is not acting upon my own personal principle. but once again I respect a man that stands on his ground.

That certainly was not my intention.
The thing is mate, I have held my tongue for days about this mess. You are right, some like it and some don't. The worst part of it is the people (and not intending you as you weren't THAT bad) flaming back and forth and it seemed like those that didn't want to pay were sort of getting the bad end of the stick. I would not have bothered responding either (it is sometimes better to sit back and just digest what goes on) However, this morning when I went to his website, and he singled a certain member out.......now that was just too below the belt in mind. I felt that someone sp[eaking his mind should not have had to be subjected to that type of public ridicule. For this reason only, I chose to speak. While I do see both sides of the story, for me, personally, the free side wins. That IS what a community is about...doing for others. Have I contributed much other than some useless posts to the Wii community? No, regrettably not. However, I come from multiple other community , one type of which I am an Admin. This sort of thing would NEVER have gone done like this. I am not faulting ANYONE, just saying that I felt the need to step in and do what I felt was right. (Of course, my feelings are not shared by all)

I can tell you this:
I do agree to disagree and I appreciate your having that type of attitude (It does seem hard to find those type of people in the real world) They really as far and few in between in my experiences. I have always contended in my posts that I do hold respect for Taz and what he did. The very first post I made here included giving him respect. I can respect him, but disagree with his actions, and that is where I stand. Nothing more, nothing less. I REALLY wiosh for the sake of this community that the following would occur:

A) People that like Taz's site use it and leave everybody else that don't like it...alone.
B) Those that don't like it search for (and look around as I have seen numerous options here)download packs or optional websites to use.

Maybe then and only then...things can feel more like a community and less a catfight. If the two of (who disagree) can agree to that and let it rest (I know this is pie in the sky thinking) but maybe....just maybe others can follow suit and realize what a waste of time it all really honestly is.
Cheers Mate
R

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
neardark said:
Well said!!

Someone I think hit the ground hard after being knocked off his High Horse.

ouch.. that hurts...
fortunately for me I woke up from my nightmare and you were gone... oops no you are still here..
wtf.gif

rutny has my respect because he is building some real argument. we disagree, but we are having some kind of exchange.
but it is hard to answer to you. no disrespect meant... I simply don't know how I could be constructive after a post like that.
you think you are right. you think you hold the truth. and you bully it into people. good for you. I have grown overnight and decided to stop the flaming... lol

I wish you all the best.

QUOTE(rutny @ Jul 1 2009, 09:48 AM) Now, a post I truely can reply to.

That certainly was not my intention.
The thing is mate, I have held my tongue for days about this mess. You are right, some like it and some don't. The worst part of it is the people (and not intending you as you weren't THAT bad) flaming back and forth and it seemed like those that didn't want to pay were sort of getting the bad end of the stick. I would not have bothered responding either (it is sometimes better to sit back and just digest what goes on) However, this morning when I went to his website, and he singled a certain member out.......now that was just too below the belt in mind. I felt that someone sp[eaking his mind should not have had to be subjected to that type of public ridicule. For this reason only, I chose to speak. While I do see both sides of the story, for me, personally, the free side wins. That IS what a community is about...doing for others. Have I contributed much other than some useless posts to the Wii community? No, regrettably not. However, I come from multiple other community , one type of which I am an Admin. This sort of thing would NEVER have gone done like this. I am not faulting ANYONE, just saying that I felt the need to step in and do what I felt was right. (Of course, my feelings are not shared by all)

I can tell you this:
I do agree to disagree and I appreciate your having that type of attitude (It does seem hard to find those type of people in the real world) They really as far and few in between in my experiences. I have always contended in my posts that I do hold respect for Taz and what he did. The very first post I made here included giving him respect. I can respect him, but disagree with his actions, and that is where I stand. Nothing more, nothing less. I REALLY wiosh for the sake of this community that the following would occur:

A) People that like Taz's site use it and leave everybody else that don't like it...alone.
B) Those that don't like it search for (and look around as I have seen numerous options here)download packs or optional websites to use.

Maybe then and only then...things can feel more like a community and less a catfight. If the two of (who disagree) can agree to that and let it rest (I know this is pie in the sky thinking) but maybe....just maybe others can follow suit and realize what a waste of time it all really honestly is.
Cheers Mate
R

this time it is you who have proven my point : constructive and smart comments.
grog.gif

thanks.
R

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
judgedee said:
i dont get it?

why are we still arguing about this?

if he wants to close then let him close
if he wants to make it member only let him make it members only

his site it not the only one that you can get covers from. there are tons of them out there. and since loader gx isn't supporting him anymore why is this even an issue?

not only gx isnt supporting him now...
but all would like to help like much other ppl in here. no help will be accepted.

but i cant get it that most of the ppl in here dont see what its up to or why other are so angry about that member shit.
you all were never be able to play any GAME on HDD without the dev TEAMS ! not the coversite ! The Coversite came after that !!!

To make the Programs like that we got now is much more work, that's why they are not supporting him that way...
Did anyone of the Donaters for the Covers asked the Dev's for Donating to them ? You ever give a thought on how much time the DEV's are wasting in their Freetime to give YOU free and nice Software (90% Open Source !!!)

It's going the Wrong way now - Donate and help the real DEV's before you start Donating on Projects which are only there because of others.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"ouch.. that hurts...
fortunately for me I woke up from my nightmare and you were gone... oops no you are still here.."

That actually made me laugh out loud, well done it was funny.

"you think you are right. you think you hold the truth. and you bully it into people. good for you."

I don't think I'm right, djtaz himself proved me right by admitting he is actually just charging people for the use of his script that resizes the images.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Did anyone of the Donaters for the Covers asked the Dev's for Donating to them ? You ever give a thought on how much time the DEV's are wasting in their Freetime to give YOU free and nice Software (90% Open Source !!!)

It's going the Wrong way now - Donate and help the real DEV's before you start Donating on Projects which are only there because of others."

could not agree more, if anyone deserves donations for thier hard work it's the Dev team.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol well ill keep on repeating it until it gets through.

As long as he calls it a "Donation" he is misleading the consumer.

I wouldnt be too surprised if he's breaking Paypals Fair Usage Agreement. (although when i read it i couldnt make too much sense of it, in order to take donations aparently you have to be vetted. if thats a case they dont do it too well)

Other places do offer covers, but the issue doesnt concern them as they clearly state if you have to PAY or not.

I held back from calling it a scam before, but as he hasnt changed the wording on his website to "Payed Membership (for extra functionality)" I'm afraid I can only see it as a scam. People get very angry about people selling BannerBomb and/or the hackmii installer (rightly so) but this is the same thing more or less, if they stopped charging and demanded a voluntry donation would you (or for that matter teamtweezer) think that it was ok? I dont think so some how.

Paypal, Nintendo & the game manufacturers might all take action due to the fact he is selling copyrighted material and misleading the public.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im starting to see why this place is often referred to as gbafail
i only read the last page of this drivel, but wow thats all i needed
what a bunch whiny, ignorant, entitled little twats, esp this neardark fellow who posted the nice provocative title/OP
lets get a few things straight here

1. there are few if any people who have done more work than djtaz with regards to cover/disc art for usbloaders
i know neorame has made and currently makes a shitton of the covers, and i know blinddude did a bunch of resizing/renaming initially, among other people
hell most if not all of the art comes from console-covers.com and the various people who upload their personal work there

2. at no point during this whole retarded fiasco were you not able to get the cover art from wiiboxart site free of charge, only time you couldnt get is when the site was down, but during those times you could always go console-covers, download and crop and rename the art yourself, but of course thats waaaaaaay too fucking hard and being the entitled piss-ants you are youd rather come here and bitch and complain and continue to steal games and contribute absolutely nothing

3. the semantic argument about donation/fee/whatever is fucking pointless and idiotic. call it whatever the fuck you want. the button says donate. be it a donation or a fee or whatever, its not mandatory, it simply allows you a few extra features on the site, not a new concept here, welcome to the internet, regardless you can still get EVERY SINGLE FUCKING IMAGE OFF THE SITE FREE OF FUCKING CHARGE.

thats all for now, ill let a few more idiots respond and probably come back and lay some more facts on you imbeciles.

THANK YOU DJTAZ FOR CREATING AND MAINTAINING WIIBOXART SITE

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a fraid their are legal boundaries as far as Donations go. It is clear misrepresentation to call a fee a donation.

and just because your willing to pay doesnt change that fact, nor does your abilltiy to swear at us, oh well just another illiterate.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you be any more of an ass kisser, seriously look at the facts before you start bumping your gums, I would like to see you call me an ignorant little twat to my face m8, and I don't think you would be quite as brave nor would you get away with it.

Why does everyone assume that I'm a fucking spotty teenager, when in fact I'm the oldest here probably and with your ranting you look like some ass kissing fan of DJTAZ that supports people being ripped off, he's selling something he does not own, can't you get that into your thick skull, of yeah he keeps saying they are free to everyone, that's only true to a certain point, I hope the Guys who do deserve the money the Dev team come to their senses and start to use one of the many other options for their fantastic loader.

one last thing, look at the poll results, your seriously outnumbered in your opinion.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m00k said:
Im a fraid their are legal boundaries as far as Donations go. It is clear misrepresentation to call a fee a donation.

and just because your willing to pay doesnt change that fact, nor does your abilltiy to swear at us, oh well just another illiterate.
im afraid you are not a lawyer nor do you have any clue what you are talking about. It is a clear misrepresentation for you to claim so.

and just because you dont understand the concept of service/reward doesnt change that fact, nor does your inability to think critically, oh well just another retard.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Calling anyone a Retard just show's the kind of person you are and kind of takes away the credit of any of your points.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
Could you be any more of an ass kisser, seriously look at the facts before you start bumping your gums, I would like to see you call me an ignorant little twat to my face m8, and I don't think you would be quite as brave nor would you get away with it.

Why does everyone assume that I'm a fucking spotty teenager, when in fact I'm the oldest here probably and you did with your ranting make you look like some ass kissing fan of DJTAZ that supports people being ripped off, he's selling something he does not own, can't you get that into your thick skull, of yeah he keeps saying they are free to everyone, that's only true to a certain point, I hope the Guys who do deserve the money the Dev team come to their senses and start to use one of the many other options for their fantastic loader.

one last thing, look at the poll results, your seriously outnumbered in your opinion.
way to not address any points in my post or really make any point at all
if you own all these games, why dont take the art out of the case, scan it on your computer, edit as you please, and create your own disc art for loader?
or you can get them FREE OF CHARGE off wiiboxart
and because i simply appreciate all the work djtaz and done all the bullshit hes put up from retards like you does not make me an 'ass kisser'
FACT: hes not selling anything
EVERY IMAGE ON THE SITE CAN BE ACCESSED FREE OF CHARGE
care to dispute that?
again NOT SELLING ANYTHING, EVERYTHING IS FREE, HARD TO UNDERSTAND APPARENTLY, MAYBE THESE CAPS WILL HELP
'only true to a certain point' BULLSHIT, EVERY IMAGE IS FREE, PLEASE POINT ME TO A SINGLE IMAGE THAT REQUIRES A PURCHASE

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you must be the most stupid fuck on the net!!! of course he selling something, see below his comments not mine!

QUOTE(djtaz @ Jun 30 2009, 10:38 PM)
The mass download resizing and zipping script is a script i wrote myself from scratch , if u want to use that script you pay for the ability to use it - and im perfectly entitled to do as i wish for that ability - allowing access to any part of my site from outside is also something i wrote , and this ability is also something i can use at my own discression.

Posts merged

Do you know what Numb Nuts, say what you like, your a very small minority in the big picture. Fact more people agree with me than you, that will always be the case, ask yourself why that is.

In most cases those who RANT do so because they know they don't have a valid argument and have to work extra hard to get the point accross but when it comes down it you will always just be WRONG.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty clear, if you make a donation, you gain access to a SCRIPT, THAT HE PERSONALLY WROTE, THAT HE OWNS.
again not a new idea here, hes created a product/service, owns it, and expects to be rewarded for its use. see every other piece of software/website in existence that people pay a fee to access/use.
THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL COVER AND DISC ART SUPPLIED ON THE SITE
AGAIN EVERY IMAGE CAN BE ACCESSED FREE OF CHARGE WITH OR WITHOUT SAID SCRIPT
POINT ME TO AN IMAGE THAT REQUIRES A PURCHASE, JUST ONE WILL DO
I SEE NO SHOPPING CART ON HIS SITE, NOT SELLING SHIT, NOT SELLING ANY IMAGES, NOR ANYTHING HE DOESNT OWN
CAPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLZ GET THROUGH THIS IDIOTS THICK SKULL. ONE TIMEEEEE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🤢 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮