Hacking Usb Loader 1.5 Freeze at the mounting device 30sec screen

alphaque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a brand less 2.5” IDE/SATA HDD enclosure with an old WD Scorpio 60GB UDMA/100 5400RPM 2MB 2.5" IDE Hard Drive (part #: Wd600UE-22HCT0 , detail : http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WD600UE&cat=HDD) , i formated it with WBFS 3.0 and installed a backup game there (Super Paper Mario).

After i installed cIOS38rev13b and USDloader1.5, i attached my HDD to my Wii, the USB loader 1.5 managed to mount the HDD and i could play the game without any issue. I managed to mount the HDD a couple of times without any issue..

BUT, after i switch off my wii and turn it on again today, now, whenever i load USB loader 1.5 with the same HDD, it is always freezing in "mounting device , please wait (the 30 seconds time out)" menu, i have to power off my wii and restart it.

When i plug my HDD again to my computer and fire up the WBFS 3.0 , it can recognize the HDD and i can still see the game in there with the game ID and etc details.

This is very weird , if my HDD is not compatible, then the USB loader 1.5 won't recognize it in the first place..also, when i installed isusb (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Brijohn/lsusb), it can detect my HDD.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue, i really run out of idea on how to fix this :-(

Thanks

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't expect windows to read the WBFS partition... It will ask you to format the drive, don't. Only your WBFS program will be able to read and write to the drive.

Some HDD's ask you to power them up at different times of the loading procedure. Try powering it up and plugging it in before you run the loader, if that doesn't work, try it when its giving you the 30 second count down. Play around with it, some are more finicky than others about when they get detected.
Another suggestion is to try the other USB port on your Wii.

alphaque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Don't expect windows to read the WBFS partition... It will ask you to format the drive, don't. Only your WBFS program will be able to read and write to the drive.

Some HDD's ask you to power them up at different times of the loading procedure. Try powering it up and plugging it in before you run the loader, if that doesn't work, try it when its giving you the 30 second count down. Play around with it, some are more finicky than others about when they get detected.
Another suggestion is to try the other USB port on your Wii.

yup, i only use the WBFS to read and write the drive, that one is no issue at all

my HDD enclosure does not have external power source, it draws the power from the USB port

I have tried another USB port, it did not work either :-(, i have asked around, for USB loader 1.5, i have to plug it in to the RIGHT hand side port (When i look from the back) which i did.

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's amazing that I've been having the same problem. I also have a generic USB hard drive with my Seagate 10GB. I never got it to detect thou. If I turn it on AFTER I press mount, it just says there's nothing there. Before, it freezes. Help highly appreciated.

alphaque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jincongz said:
It's amazing that I've been having the same problem. I also have a generic USB hard drive with my Seagate 10GB. I never got it to detect thou. If I turn it on AFTER I press mount, it just says there's nothing there. Before, it freezes. Help highly appreciated.

Hi
Actually if you read my first post , i did get my WD 60G HDD detected right after i installed USB loader 1.5, in fact, i managed to load the games from the HDD and played it a couple of times. Also, i manage to backup an original games to the HDD too....All these have changed after i turned off my WII and restarted it. Since then, my HDD was not detected by the USB loader 1.5 anymore...

this is really weird to me, if my HDD is not compatible, it won't be detected in the first place..i am not sure what have happened here to my WII that caused the HDD could not be detected anymore :-(

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having this same problem. My USB drive was working perfectly fine yesterday, I ran Rune Factory Frontier on USB Loader GX and Punch-Out on another loader.

Today all loaders won't detect the USB drive. The only thing I've done with the drive is successfully put more games on.

What could possibly be the problem? What can I do to fix this?

deanq4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue. Loads sometimes not others. Was a solution ever found? I have a drive that was reported to be working

Zyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem I have to install cios rev 10 every time I boot system to get it to work. Every time you boot system I suggest you do the same til we get an answer on how to fix.

deanq4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Rev 10 and got it to work, will see about the boot issue after I get the games transferred.

Will report back later

wookienow

Trophies
XP
Country
Have the exact same problem with a 1TB Lacie with Cios rev13b. Works and then doesn't work. I can not get this to be consistent. Anyone of found a work around of fix for this yet?

Zyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have to do is it seems once you install 13b it reappears every time you turn off (red light) the system and Id have to install rev 10 every reboot to get it to work. So if you install rev 10 and turn on wii connect 24 standby (yellow light) you can turn on and off and it works every time without reinstall rev 10. Hopefully there will be a fix soon because im not to keen on having wii connect 24 on. i hope that helps for now guys good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [does what daddy K3N taught me, and steals from his wallet] :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +1