Hacking USB LOADER 1.0 by waninkoko

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendolinky, that would be awesome, we really do need a compatibility list wiki that details what is working scrubbed, unscrubbed and also region free etc.

As far as I know other people have Animal Crossing working, but I don't know if it is scrubbed or not.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
The only game at the moment that i cant seem to get working is Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing is working great for me apart from the time bug.

Bronzodiriace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
desh_thiere said:
If you do the network install using cIOS Rev 9 you do not need to install the wad file manually, that is what the network install does, it downloads the wad, patches it and installs it.
thanx a lot

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe the reason it worked for him is because he had a disc in the slot at the time. For some reason I've heard that some games only work with something in there.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendolinky said:
The only game at the moment that i cant seem to get working is Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing is working great for me apart from the time bug.
Just tried Metroid prime 3 on my hard modded pal wii and it works just fine.

Edit: Tried again with no disc inserted (something else was inside before) and it tells me to insert the disc.

So just put some random disc in.

Another try with a real random disc (Windows 7 beta DVD) and it works.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
nintendolinky said:
start it with no disc in the drive.
Once the japanese text pops up put any original disc.un. It will start, but I get a green screen after leaving the menu and starting a save.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
edit: quick question, i know the available size is wrong, but is the size "used" wrong as well?

does anyone know what the problem is? is it a bug? or is it because I'm running it though a channel?

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
desh_thiere said:
So nintendolinky, is your animal crossing scrubbed or full? I will have to try burning it again, recopying it and see how I go.
I think its full i cant remember exactly. I made a few for some mates and cant remember which one i kept.

utahraptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
utahraptor said:
Willemoke said:
I can't even get cIOS Rev.9 installed, I get downloading content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)
I'm on 3.2E

help?

After all these pages, finally someone with the same problem as me, except I'm running V.4.0U

For some reason i had to uninstall ISO249 to get it to work

CannibalKidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
desh_thiere said:
So nintendolinky, is your animal crossing scrubbed or full? I will have to try burning it again, recopying it and see how I go.

I dumped a scrubbed version of Animal Crossing and it works perfectly (other than the time bug of course)

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
So I wonder why mine isn't working.... Hmmmmm.... It just gets stuck at the loading screen and does not progress. I will try copying an original in case it was my disc.

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i made a new forwarder channel for usb loader:

banner_usb_loader.jpg

NEW!
now with wii-like sound!

download:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...t&p=1865173

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people having trouble formatting their drive saying "unusable partition" or something like that.

The USB Loader doesn't seem to recognize extended partitions, only primary partitions, and you can only have up to 4 of those on a drive. So the partition that you want to use with USB Loader needs to be a primary partition.

FYI: my disk is formatted like this and it works fine:

Part 1 - WBFS
Part 2 - NTFS Windows XP ( it still boots to windows xp just fine)
Part 3 - Ext3 - Ubuntu
Part 4 - Extended partition
Part 5 - NTFS

When I first loaded USB Loader (before i formatted it to WBFS) it gave me three options to format and an non usable one something like this:

Partition 1 20 gig
Partition 2 20 gig
Partition 3 20 gig
(unusable partition)

So if your having problems with unusable partitions then make sure you have at least one primary partition.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
ah thanks alot david432111

now just one more question.

my super smash bros brawl game cant be read by my wii anymore, i think my wii developed the issue that prevents dual layer discs being read...

but will the USB loader still be able to dump the game regardless or not? i'm thinking not because the wii cant read the whole disc properly anyways lol.
If your laser doesn't work anymore then the wii app can't copy to the harddrive. You'll need to download it online and then use a special wbfs program to copy it to the harddrive.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first (very bad) modding attempt on the USB Loader
nyanya.gif

Photoshop is still installing, this was a quick try with Gimp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo